Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

pram posted:

ok i gave fastmail a fair shot, more than any idiot here in yospos would do. and its poo poo. setting up 2 factor auth is incredibly bad

https://www.fastmail.com/help/account/2fa.html

i give it 4 failcats out of 5

ty for proving the email is a pos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

good lord this is like the fifth goddamned snipe ive made today

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

Snapchat A Titty posted:

how much can i put on poor tier icloud?

cause i apparently have 2.6 gigs on gmail

5gb free. 20gb $1/mo. i'm not sure how mail counts against that storage cuz i think some things are free / dont count towards storage?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
does this apply to gapps for biz my mans?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
got some sick gapps at the ol trabajo, and also on a heh vanity domain :smug:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram posted:

ok i gave fastmail a fair shot, more than any idiot here in yospos would do. and its poo poo. setting up 2 factor auth is incredibly bad

i give it 4 failcats out of 5

its australian

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
ok

pram posted:

right i gave fastmail a fair burl, more than any bloke in yossie would do. and its a crook. setting up 2 factor auth is incredibly barry

i give it 4 dropbears out of 5

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Triglav posted:

5gb free. 20gb $1/mo. i'm not sure how mail counts against that storage cuz i think some things are free / dont count towards storage?

thx

maybe some time i will do the thing but right now i enjoy having the email that idiots send their music to because they think im famous

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
fastmail sounds like a ripoff. icloud mail does all of that and its free

duurr let me pay $10/year for 250mb of storage -an idiot

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
google give u free gapps for biz on your own domain including drive and infinite users #ownage #501c3

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i have a grandfathered google business account that comes with 10 free emails but i only use one

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Beeftweeter posted:

fastmail sounds like a ripoff. icloud mail does all of that and its free

duurr let me pay $10/year for 250mb of storage -an idiot

yeah, who pays for things am i right fellow something awful dot com forums posters

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

yeah, who pays for things am i right fellow something awful dot com forums posters

the something awful forums are the best forums on the internet. email is a standard protocol provided by a variety of free services. not exactly comparable my man

pram
Jun 10, 2001
my original account was free :smug:

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Smythe posted:

the something awful forums are the best forums on the internet. email is a standard protocol provided by a variety of free services. not exactly comparable my man

who do you call when you have problems with your gmail account

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i use thunderbird w/ my gmail account. my tbird profile gets backed up weekly. no big deal

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

who do you call when you have problems with your gmail account

ive never had a problem with my gmail account, nor any other email account ive ever had

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i use thunderbird w/ my gmail account. my tbird profile gets backed up weekly. no big deal

agreed

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
do you have a source for this shocking+scandalous news, OP?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram posted:

my original account was free :smug:

:worship:

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Smythe posted:

ive never had a problem with my gmail account, nor any other email account ive ever had

weren't you mentioning problems with your work promo emails going to spam or something a while back?

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

pram posted:

I see this a lot. why is it better

their webmail client is not slow and is usable by humans

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

weren't you mentioning problems with your work promo emails going to spam or something a while back?

that was a a work thing, on a commercial domain, and was cause of hosed up headers or something on our domain which our web people fixed. that also has precisely nothing to do with gmail accounts (e.g. @gmail) which is the topic of this thread so i dont get what kind of stymie-ing you're trying to get at here

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Smythe posted:

that was a a work thing, on a commercial domain, and was cause of hosed up headers or something on our domain which our web people fixed. that also has precisely nothing to do with gmail accounts (e.g. @gmail) which is the topic of this thread so i dont get what kind of stymie-ing you're trying to get at here

oh I didn't remember the details, just that it involved gmail :shobon:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
anyways the moral of that story is that if youre planning on sending a shitload of emails it's better to leave it to the pros at constant contact or sendgrid or mailchimp idk w.e im not a computer professional

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Smythe posted:

the pros at spam contact or sendspam or spamchimp idk w.e im not a computer professional

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

this is why jonny left us

RIP jonny290

pram
Jun 10, 2001
the muthafuckin johnney two ninety

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
i had a crapmail.com account in 2003 but i guess its dead now :rip:

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
bluebottle, rip

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

:o

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Valeyard posted:

bluebottle, rip

oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiit

i remember registering for a bluebottle when i wanted to get free website hosting back in the day cuz the webhost rejected hotmail and yahoo

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

lol

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiit

i remember registering for a bluebottle when i wanted to get free website hosting back in the day cuz the webhost rejected hotmail and yahoo

bluebottle is where all my nokia s60 warez were sent to in a big mailing list, big up to dj kaled and jscott

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
back that hotmale right on up :q:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

jony ive aces posted:

back that hotmale right on up :q:

email me @ bluebutthole.com

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
my original google apps account had no user limit and it was free, i changed it to paid though, like 3 or 4 eur month per account and gmail with phone support!

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
also can rollback accounts and google drive storage if i ever accidentally delete something i actually want which is pretty cool, or even an account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
google's server kept shutting off the connection so I had to resume it about 20 times to download the whole archive

the entirety of my youtube search history is from jan 2014 to aug 2014. i'm guessing that's when g+ forced itself on my account till i figured out how to get rid of it? idk

also you get your mail in one giant .mbox file i think i'll poke around at that later but i'm not really motivated to deal with that poo poo show in general

• Locked thread