Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

This chef seems very surprised at snoop doggy doggs impressive rolling skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
A new month!

Everyone is still angry I see.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Graic Gabtar posted:

A new month!

Everyone is still angry I see.

gently caress you

Also RIP Rowdy Roddy Piper

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ranter posted:

He is a piece of poo poo. Stolen Generation Denial is a thing.

hes a really smart guy though.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
so was hitler

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
At least Bolt is obviously very stupid. If he was intelligent then I'd have a real issue.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Ranter posted:

At least Bolt is obviously very stupid. If he was intelligent then I'd have a real issue.

Most of it is an act though. He chosen to take on the role of a bomb-thrower, and he's pretty effective at it (at least in print).

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Calming the thread with penises.

:nws:

http://i.imgur.com/Pf6dIsm.jpg

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Technically only a single penis.:colbert:

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ranter posted:

i couldnt disagree more. say what you will about his opinions, but theres no doubt hes an extremely intelligent man and formidable adversary.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Most of it is an act though. He chosen to take on the role of a bomb-thrower, and he's pretty effective at it (at least in print).

He's effective at being a dickhead sure. He's in no way threatening or smart though.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Ranter posted:

He's effective at being a dickhead sure. He's in no way threatening or smart though.

He was smart enough to see the opportunity, and smart enough to be good at it (compare him to Blair or Devine).

Not threatening?

Yeah, okay, fair point.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ranter posted:

his scholarly range and rhetorical deftness sure terrifies this querulous idiot. to be in his presence would be to suffer annihilation by omnipotent fire.

Orkin Mang fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Aug 1, 2015

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

As an aboriginal with family who were stolen from their parents, Bolt's denial of the Stolen Generation makes me sick to my stomach. He is truly a sack of poo poo.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Are you sure that you exist?

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

Not anymore lol

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
how can our stolen generations be real if our eyes aren't real

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Gorilla Salad posted:

Calming the thread with penises.

http://i.imgur.com/Pf6dIsm.jpg

The world's biggest apparently.

Decayed
Dec 30, 2004

Shang-a-lang
Fun Shoe
It's all about the copyright infringement generation now.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Cartoon posted:

NWS
http://i.imgur.com/9GYOkWw.png
NWS

Better?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tace Vim posted:

As an aboriginal with family who were stolen from their parents, Bolt's denial of the Stolen Generation makes me sick to my stomach. He is truly a sack of poo poo.

But how much family, if it was only 8 or 9 people then welp, too bad :v:

Seriously though, I would love to see a crowd of (10+) people who personally had history with the Stolen Generation just marched down there in his face, except for the fact that shitheads like him just clutch harder to their factually wrong opinions the more you present them with actual evidence of how loving wrong they are.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
An asylum seeker has died in a detention centre

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-01/young-asylum-seeker-dies-at-yongah-hill-detention-centre/6665422

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
poo poo country

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

"No but see if they just act rational and be patient instead of rioting and stuff, that'd help their case right"

*man dies while waiting patiently and politely 2 years*

*others get somewhat upset by this and throw chairs*

"See mate, I told you they just can't assimilate they're violent thugs mate always rioting and starting poo poo mate"

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Is there a list of links to all the old OPs? I remember seeing a very long DBZ themed one, among many funny others.

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

Splode posted:

What if the government was overthrown by a dictatorship but the dictatorship had policies like "don't imprison and torture refugees in tropical murder camps"

Discuss.

Not the worst idea but much like communism this relies on people being different from how people are. Anyone benevolent would not be a dictator you may as well say what if we were governed by a unicorn

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Mozzafiato posted:

Not the worst idea but much like communism this relies on people being different from how people are. Anyone benevolent would not be a dictator you may as well say what if we were governed by a unicorn

Just depends on benevolent to who. Obviously counter-revolutionaries must be purged.

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole
You also cannot dictator away all political issues. A dictator cannot make more jobs or better schools through tyranny. Even a kind dictator would be deposed by the people.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
lol seriously?

quote:

A refugee's visa application would be fast-tracked if they paid a potential $19,000 fee and their family in Australia promised to cover health and welfare costs, under proposals the Abbott government is weighing to cut resettlement costs.

Refugee advocates say the measures, based on a pilot established by the former Labor government, would shift the cost burden onto desperate families in Australia and prioritise people with financial means over those in greater need.

The Department of Immigration and Border Protection rejected suggestions migrants could "buy" a visa, and said the program offers the government another way to reunite refugees with their families.

A government discussion paper outlines a proposed community support program whereby refugees and those in similar situations could apply for a humanitarian visa if family or friends in Australia provided "significant financial support" towards their resettlement.

It would expand a pilot set up in mid-2013, in which a $19,124 fee is charged to the first refugee and $2680 for subsequent applicants - or about $30,000 for a family of five.

That is a piddling amount compared with what it takes to keep a offshore camp running, maybe they could stop spending money on those and spend it on resettling people instead?

It should surprise no one that Labor came up with it first.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
Something a little more positive (watch the video):

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/swell-of-support-for-adam-goodes-as-sydney-swans-play-adelaide-crows-at-scg-20150801-gipeik.html

Bolt can keep pandering to his old white farts and they can keep dying, slowly and steadily.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
This pretty much sums up how I feel about Australian politics.

http://i.imgur.com/EkGrvgh.webm

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

gay picnic defence posted:

lol seriously?

That is a piddling amount compared with what it takes to keep a offshore camp running, maybe they could stop spending money on those and spend it on resettling people instead?

It should surprise no one that Labor came up with it first.

hey remember when negligent or craig or whoever the cretin of the month was were going on about how it was immoral for refugees to try to come by boat because they were using their 'wealth' to 'cut in line?' lmao

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

gently caress this dead gay country

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
Actually this is basically an acknowledgment that I've been right all along.

Cashed up supposed refugees are able to self select by consorting in a joint criminal enterprise with people smugglers.

The government has just decided the money is better in the Treasury than in the hands of rapists and murderers.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Negligent posted:

Cashed up supposed refugees are able to self select by consorting in a joint criminal enterprise with people smugglers.

The government has just decided the money is better in the Treasury than in the hands of rapists and murderers.

gently caress this dead gay country

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Negligent posted:

/
/
/
/

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Are you using gay in a pejorative sense if so get the gently caress out

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

What have you got against Stuart broad? He bowled very well at Edgebaston.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Negligent posted:

Are you using gay in a pejorative sense if so get the gently caress out

It's a reference but I'm sure you know that. I am happy to have both gays and refugees live in the same country as me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Cartoon posted:

George Pell and a drawn penis.

That makes two penises :eng101:

• Locked thread