Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

In the USA you get all sorts of tax breaks for being married/with kids/own property and in Canada they marry you by law whether you like it or not after two years of living together and you get to pay more taxes/lose benefits the closer you get to a traditional nuclear family.

Plus your mortgage rate is never permanent in Canada so you lose your $1,500,000 modest house in about five years if interest rates go up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Why does the USA not just annex canada?

It seems like they wouldn't be able to put up much of a fight

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
If you want to poo poo out babies why don't you do the right thing and be a stay at home mom?

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Which is the country with the really nice maternity leave and lots of nice social benefits except they have the highest suicide rate?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

lol if you're moving to work for a company so lovely it doesn't have any benefits

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Rutibex posted:

women are allowed to work in saudi arabia?
Yes. They're still not allowed to drive there but they can work.

BobbyThompson
Mar 23, 2001
It's nowt like the old days when you could leave them at the bottom of the coal shaft during your shift.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Zzulu posted:

Corporate annexation has already happened, no need to deal with the bothersome unprofitable governance stuff.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zzulu posted:

lol as if america could deal with a canadian insurgency. you think finding militants in the mountains of afganistan is hard, try finding them in an entire continent of wilderness. also canadians are white and speak english, we could just walk across the boarder into american cities undetected.

america might have a powerful military, but it is also cowardly as gently caress and could not deal with a threat so close to home

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Rutibex posted:

lol as if america could deal with a canadian insurgency. you think finding militants in the mountains of afganistan is hard, try finding them in an entire continent of wilderness. also canadians are white and speak english, we could just walk across the boarder into american cities undetected.

america might have a powerful military, but it is also cowardly as gently caress and could not deal with a threat so close to home

we'd just ask you if you wanted poutine or a steak to eat BAM

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

THIS IS AMERICA WHERE EVERY SELF REPRODUCING CELL CLUMP IS A PERSON WHO MUST BE PROTECTED WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WANT TO CARE FOR YOUR BABY YOU loving LAZY WELFARE QUEEN?!

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
and here i thought it was weird when a coworker took only a week off after their wife had a kid...lol a week thats hardly adequate for me to gently caress around get high and still be willing to return the following week, step up ur game USA (lol gl w/that)

what happens if u become prgnt and work as a cashier at Wal*Mart? does ur Supervisor put on a mask and give u a targeting beating in uterus after working a double double in the parking lot because the team cant afford to be without u? probably

Rutibex posted:

dont trust any nice ppl then (:canada:)...if they act like a USA :cop: and wear douchbag tactical sunglasses then that means they are GI

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Aug 1, 2015

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

Rocks posted:

I'm moving to the USA in September. how the gently caress does anyone have kids without a good family leave program? it Canada it's like 1 year paid leave and it can be shared with the husband too. USA? 12 weeks unpaid and only after you've had the baby. anything else spend your vacation. wow good job Americans dipshits

You're completely wrong about everything. US 12 weeks' unpaid leave? Nope. It's actually 0 weeks.

The US has NO federally-mandated or state-mandated maternity leave of any sort, paid or unpaid.

Don't have kids I guess

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So what about those women that have like a kid every year for several years? If they get a job can they effectively work like 2 months a year and maintain full pay?

Does the government help pay them?

Thursday Next posted:

You're completely wrong about everything. US 12 weeks' unpaid leave? Nope. It's actually 0 weeks.

The US has NO federally-mandated or state-mandated maternity leave of any sort, paid or unpaid.

Don't have kids I guess

This is both hosed up and true. I thought a few states had laws around it though, like CA and NY?

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Thursday Next posted:

Don't have kids I guess

You're wrong about this. Unpaid "maternity leave" is in the Family Medical Leave Act.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

You're wrong about this. Unpaid "maternity leave" is in the Family Medical Leave Act.

And back when that law was proposed in 1993 politicians were arguing that unpaid maternity leave would put an unreasonable burden on employers and cost jobs and blah blah blah.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
We should all just stop having babies.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

lol at everyone who'd move to the usa

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Hahah, US is great for non-poors without families.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

No. 6 posted:

Hahah, US is great for non-poors without families.

It's actually pretty great for poors without families too. I'm like one of the lowest earners in the country/state but with no kids, I get to live a p sweet life. Sans any kind of healthcare or social safety net. But I have 0 debt and a couple grand in savings thanks to being able to be frugal and not having to spend money on babbies.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

The Saurus posted:

It's actually pretty great for poors without families too. I'm like one of the lowest earners in the country/state but with no kids, I get to live a p sweet life. Sans any kind of healthcare or social safety net. But I have 0 debt and a couple grand in savings thanks to being able to be frugal and not having to spend money on babbies.

wow sounds like the american dream that you, as a single man, can pay for rent with no benefits

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
that probably literally is it nowadays though

also gonna go to college so bettering myself through education through federal student loans, free money and tax credits. at least i get those. i also heard i'd be able to get medicare or medicaid or whatever it is for free but i'm not a citizen, so i can't get any other benefits for 3 years.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
I guess what I'm saying is check your citizenship privilege

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

The Saurus posted:

I guess what I'm saying is check your citizenship privilege

the benefits of american citizenship are not generous

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

TEAYCHES posted:

the benefits of american citizenship are not generous

No offence, I know america sucks for a lot of citizens. esp. wrt financial benefits but you don't really know what you're talking about in this case.

green carders can be deported for any crime, even the most minor, or even if the US govt finds something about them they don't like such as being involved in left-wing politics or having family members who are. also can't vote, or claim any social security benefits whatsoever. despite being taxed at exactly the same rate, of course.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

The Saurus posted:

No offence, I know america sucks for a lot of citizens. esp. wrt financial benefits but you don't really know what you're talking about in this case.

green carders can be deported for any crime, even the most minor, or even if the US govt finds something about them they don't like such as being involved in left-wing politics or having family members who are. also can't vote, or claim any social security benefits whatsoever. despite being taxed at exactly the same rate, of course.

yea as far as criminalization of living i admit im wrong, i meant social welfare benefits are poo poo

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Social welfare, nice. Get a job and take care of yourselves, assholes.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

notZaar posted:

we have jobs retard idiot fucker

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

notZaar posted:

a lot of people who need social welfare work, its largely just to subsidise the wages corporations have to pay at the taxpayers expense

Stocky Manhood
Jul 29, 2014

Can I get a hat wobble?

The Saurus posted:

Having a child is the single most destructive action you can take to the environmental future of the planet as an individual.

"Let's subsidise this with a year's paid leave at the cost of all employers"

Ima have another babby just for you.

If you care so much about the precious environment, why not kill yourself to lighten the burden? After all, you were a baby once.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
lol another thread of college kids telling each other how life works bwahahha lmbo

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
rofl

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I'm a Mexican immigrant IRL and I think America is the worst suck my dick gringos

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
Goons unironically https://youtu.be/rcx-nf3kH_M

Salt n Reba McEntire fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Aug 1, 2015

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Tons of my friends gave up their careers so they could have children. Good job losing some of your most devoted workers who will operate for 70c on the dollar.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pick posted:

Tons of my friends gave up their careers so they could have children. Good job losing some of your most devoted workers who will operate for 70c on the dollar.

if they didnt give up their jobs they wouldnt be making $0.70 on the dollar

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

lol another thread of college kids telling each other how life works bwahahha lmbo

lol you're going to be one of those ppl wondering why college grads just don't go into the store and ask to speak to the manager, shake HIS hand, and ask for a job

http://www.theonion.com/video/report-95-of-grandfathers-got-job-by-walking-right-35621

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Wrap your baby up and strap it on to your back like poor women who pick rice and poo poo around the world do and get back to work you lazy commie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

The Saurus posted:

Having a child is the single most destructive action you can take to the environmental future of the planet as an individual.

"Let's subsidise this with a year's paid leave at the cost of all employers"

if no one had any children it'd be worse

really we need to implement brave new world so that population is controlled and people with good genes get to reproduce while people that do most of the reproducing now stop

• Locked thread