Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Pre order final fantasy type 0 hd today, and get exclusive Dota 2 content such as a genuine master chocobo courier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

pity beecock

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Lotophage
Apr 26, 2015

by Lowtax
:cheerdoge:

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

:shibe:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pewdiepie posted:

Pre order final fantasy type 0 hd today, and get exclusive Dota 2 content such as a genuine master chocobo courier.

Link

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It's on the front page of steam, my friend.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Preordered

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Just emulate a psp instead, op.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Type-0 sucks rear end but I bought a full price PS4 release of a barely touched up PSP game because I'm retarded and really wanted to play the FFXV demo :D

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Type-0 sucks rear end but I bought a full price PS4 release of a barely touched up PSP game because I'm retarded and really wanted to play the FFXV demo :D

Some of the characters are actually really fun to play as, even though most of them control in the same awkward stilted way that always happens when square tries to make an action game using final fantasy mechanics

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

Some of the characters are actually really fun to play as, even though most of them control in the same awkward stilted way that always happens when square tries to make an action game using final fantasy mechanics

Tbh I only played for about an hour because the motion blur was giving me a headache and I died on the first boss and found out the game doesn't have auto checkpoints, so I'd have to replay most of that level again. So I quit

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Tbh I only played for about an hour because the motion blur was giving me a headache and I died on the first boss and found out the game doesn't have auto checkpoints, so I'd have to replay most of that level again. So I quit

the blur is another good reason to emulate it instead of playing the hd version.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

In Training posted:

i bought it used and still haven't played it but the FFXV demo is indeed epic

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I thought Type 0 was supposed to be good. I have never played a single Final
Fantasy game.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

I thought Type 0 was supposed to be good. I have never played a single Final
Fantasy game.

It's okay. It has some cool cutscene story stuff about the brutality of war but also no consistency in keeping that tone. Some of the characters play really well and some of them are busted jank.

If you want to play it, the HD release is the worse version since it has overdone motion blur and is kind of half-assed all around.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The motion blur was patched out on consoles and is a toggle on the PC release, at least.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

The motion blur was patched out on consoles and is a toggle on the PC release, at least.

i didnt know that. so that's good of them.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Western Final Fantasy fans overhyped the hell out of Type-0 because it was never available in the West until this year and all knowledge was either second hand or from an ongoing fan translation project, but when it finally arrived it revealed itself to be a somewhat mediocre game, afaik.

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]
bad game released for people who assumed it was good due to it being not released because it was bad. :whitewater:

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

The guy who uses knuckles as his weapon is one of the most fun brawler-style characters i have played, outside of games like god hand that are dedicated entirely to being a punching brawler guy. Once he levels up some (like after one or two missions, its fast), he gets combat style skills with a bunch of different attack variations for each style, while almost everybody else in the cast just gets a couple of really straightforward special moves or spells.

Thats maybe the worst thing about the gameplay is that a character can only equip like two or three skills at once for a mission, even if they can learn a shitload more than that. Its also what makes the brawler guy the most playable because each of his stance skills is four or five moves in one.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i want those dota items but i'm not buyin this stinker 2x, i already threw my money away once for the 15 demo! gosh!@

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i mean it wasnt that bad of a game actually but its not good enough to really buy once, so 2x is esp. ridic. i liked the heavy mace schoolgirl and the card guy and the shotgun guy

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i found it quite shocking how brutal and graphic the opening was with some magical twink and his chocofriend getting shot repeatedly and just dying slowly over 10 mins of cutscene, that was good i guess

Lotophage
Apr 26, 2015

by Lowtax
I'm going to freaking pirate this :twisted:

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]

Lotophage posted:

I'm going to freaking pirate this :twisted:

ruthless

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

i found it quite shocking how brutal and graphic the opening was with some magical twink and his chocofriend getting shot repeatedly and just dying slowly over 10 mins of cutscene, that was good i guess

the battleship potemkin for our age

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The opening cutscene was rad and I was prepared to love the stupid loving Badass Final Fantasy when they did a slo mo POV shot of a solider doming a chocobo at point blank with a rifle but the gameplay turned me off

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i bought it

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Have you gotten the DOTA 2 chocobo

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
not yet, sadly

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

The opening cutscene was rad and I was prepared to love the stupid loving Badass Final Fantasy when they did a slo mo POV shot of a solider doming a chocobo at point blank with a rifle but the gameplay turned me off

the opening level is by far the worst part of the game because the actual gameplay is about choosing between a crew of 12 characters who mostly have different combat styles, but for some reason the first mission forces you into playing three of the least interesting ones and never lets you switch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

the opening level is by far the worst part of the game because the actual gameplay is about choosing between a crew of 12 characters who mostly have different combat styles, but for some reason the first mission forces you into playing three of the least interesting ones and never lets you switch

I'm thinking of playing it during my post TPP/pre Persona 5 period of Gaming this year.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

One thing is that like, when you do the red reticle lock in and just instantly kill it feels like all the moves your chars learrn dont really matter. Also if anyone wants to give me the dota items I would like that.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

AIDS

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

I'm thinking of playing it during my post TPP/pre Persona 5 period of Gaming this year.

its not really good enough to be a the warmup game for persona 5 but hey do what you want

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

so never

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

its not really good enough to be a the warmup game for persona 5 but hey do what you want

It's jostling for space with Dragon Quest Heroes and Yoshi's Wooly World 100%, so I look forward to maybe playing it in 2016.

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
Type 0 is okay except for the HP bloat and the way the request system is geared towards new game+++++++. Being able to send some of those 14 good-for-nothings to do requests, FFT style, would make it so much better.

Having a large character roster is really cool though (I wish more RPGs did that), and I do appreciate its being one of Squeenix's more "experimental" titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah its okay, its a 4-year old PSP game they spitshined for PS4 and it shows. Had some really cool ideas, did some okay things, and the last act is basically Xenogears. I didn't have any qualms with it besides that really terrible voice acting, which is so bad I think I believe the rumor that Square localized this poo poo years ago and just now used what they had.

• Locked thread