Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

said my stupid colleague today. Durrrrrrrrr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
Did you show him what for, OP?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

lmao @ conservatives

GastonEatTheEggs
Nov 7, 2012

Get this: MSNBC is worse.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

he's right

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I also hate MSNBC

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Planarch posted:

not this guy, this guy is wrong. the college in the OP is the guy who is right.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Planarch posted:

only because pretending to be the softer face of the 24 hour news cycle in supporting the democratic party they actually entrench the system further and serve to legitimize a racist imperialist regime controlled by wealthy special interests and fascists

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
actually joe klein, noted liberal, has said that the 6pm fox broadcast is the last and only journalism in this country. Something to think about OP

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I watched a little bit of fox news at an older (70s) relative's house and now I hate both conservatives and liberals

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Planarch posted:

the young turks are even worsterist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d739yq6TcNo

afeelgoodpoop fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 1, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

afeelgoodpoop posted:

they're not even young

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

afeelgoodpoop posted:

yea they are loving horrible. its like daily kos on crank

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I only read Belgian news in Dutch.

deredactie.be for lyfe yo

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

remembr when people were like "ugh i hate watching the news, it's so dreary and all they ever do is report on the bad stuff and blood and murders and the news just makes me too upset what weirdo jerks"

this news channel is the best because i agree with it and it doesn't make me uncomfortable

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

they're not even young

Atta'Taint Reaper way to go

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

fox news is my favorite news channel to watch

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Counterpoint
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFSIqy6ub34

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

BRAIN BUGS???

I FIND THE IDEA OF A BUG THAT THINKS OFFENSIVE

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
People on these channels discuss very serious matters in a very childlike fashion. Everything gets blown out of proportion because it's hard to fill a never-ending channel with content. Let's hear what Mary S. in Chesterfield, MO has to say on Instagram about Donald Trump saying "drat" in an interview. If you wait around 15 minutes, they'll tell you what common garden flower can kill you.
If you don't feel like reading the above, just imagine I put a Minion on here with a pun, that'll show those Democrats

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
FNC's generic rock bumper music should be played by a live glam rock band right there in the studio

the hot female anchors should wear american flag bikinis and the male anchors should dress like apollo creed in rocky 4

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Planarch posted:

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Idiot Kicker posted:

People on these channels discuss very serious matters in a very childlike fashion. Everything gets blown out of proportion because it's hard to fill a never-ending channel with content. Let's hear what Mary S. in Chesterfield, MO has to say on Instagram about Donald Trump saying "drat" in an interview. If you wait around 15 minutes, they'll tell you what common garden flower can kill you.
If you don't feel like reading the above, just imagine I put a Minion on here with a pun, that'll show those Democrats

why do americans always say this?

it's not hard to fill a channel with content that's ridiculous just look at the al jazeera america station there's a never ending supply of serious poo poo that needs to be talked about it's just that american corporate news isn't interested in journalism very much

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

You're confusing YouTube clickbait with anything nearing credibility.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
Vice is the most dangerous propaganda outlet right now

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

TEAYCHES posted:

only because pretending to be the softer face of the 24 hour news cycle in supporting the democratic party they actually entrench the system further and serve to legitimize a racist imperialist regime controlled by wealthy special interests and fascists

you say that like its a bad thing

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Commie NedFlanders posted:

why do americans always say this?

it's not hard to fill a channel with content that's ridiculous just look at the al jazeera america station there's a never ending supply of serious poo poo that needs to be talked about it's just that american corporate news isn't interested in journalism very much

they would lose most of their geriatric viewers because great aunt betty doesn't want to hear a serious discussion about why the current growth of china is unsustainable. she wants daily affirmation that kids today are awful because they spend more time looking at iphones than the bible and wants to hear that the main reason why it costs her entire social security check to fill the tank on her 1983 cadillac is because a black guy is president.

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

The_Franz posted:

they would lose most of their geriatric viewers because great aunt betty doesn't want to hear a serious discussion about why the current growth of china is unsustainable. she wants daily affirmation that kids today are awful because they spend more time looking at iphones than the bible and wants to hear that the main reason why it costs her entire social security check to fill the tank on her 1983 cadillac is because a black guy is president.

But.. gas is only 2.50 :(

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

nullEntityRNG posted:

But.. gas is only 2.50 :(

2.50? I'm still in a 3 dollar plus zone.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

The_Franz posted:

yeah for all of fox news's faults you can take solace in the fact that the vast majority of their viewers, and cable news in general, are all old people

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

a retard posted:

yeah for all of fox news's faults you can take solace in the fact that the vast majority of their viewers, and cable news in general, are all parents of goons
ftfy

Also Aljazeera America is loving poo poo and is somehow worse than fox news.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Take a Break is the only news source I trust anymore.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Also if you want to watch some SERIOUS NEWS we've had that ability for decades, it's called C-Span.

but no buttfucking tumblerites and pronoun watchers can't get faux enraged and overly dramatic about slow conversations happening in real time and therefore want the same type of entertaining news that fox news offers but from their own political perspective.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Also ask AlJazeera what they think about a bunch of Jewish Americans who pay regularly large amounts of money to help preserve and restore important historical documents like the Declaration of Independence. You'll hear poo poo like you're at a Klan rally.

AlJazeera is just another type of conservative brand of news because people who want to appear worldly for vanity reasons will willingly accept conservative stances on things like freedom of speech(conservative stance says it's bad) if it's coming out of a non-westerner's mouth.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

Also ask AlJazeera what they think about a bunch of Jewish Americans who pay regularly large amounts of money to help preserve and restore important historical documents like the Declaration of Independence. You'll hear poo poo like you're at a Klan rally.

AlJazeera is just another type of conservative brand of news because people who want to appear worldly for vanity reasons will willingly accept conservative stances on things like freedom of speech(conservative stance says it's bad) if it's coming out of a non-westerner's mouth.

god drat sometimes when you post the real taint reaper comes through and being in your head must be intolerable, you should really kill yourself

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i watch al jazeera america so i can keep track of what the terrorists are up to

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
When you read or watch the news, you should be using your brain and thinking about the information being presented to you rather than accepting it wholesale. You have to think about things and then make a decision from there. If it took Fox News to teach people that lesson, good on them even though that was clearly accidental and not their goal. I guess that's the nicest thing that you could say about Fox News: they taught some people a valuable lesson about not just swallowing horseshit blindly.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

TEAYCHES posted:

god drat sometimes when you post the real taint reaper comes through and being in your head must be intolerable, you should really kill yourself

Oh dear an opposing viewpoint that is not my own person should really kill themselves- typical pants making GBS threads millenial.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Yo momma got a booty like lark's tongue in aspic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

Oh dear an opposing viewpoint that is not my own person should really kill themselves- typical pants making GBS threads millenial.

the warped reality that leads you to troll gbs with wrong opinions must be terrifying. incredibly sad and hosed up

• Locked thread