Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord

Why is this dog jumping out of a perfectly good helicopter?

drrockso20 posted:

so to give us an actual TG topic to discuss(as much as I'm loving the pet chat), here's a question, what are some original RPG settings you've seen on other sites that you'd want to run and/or play a game in?

I once saw a "Amber RPG in Spirit of the Century" setting that was really cool.

Nine Princes in Pulp posted:

This is an Amber with ray guns, planes that flap their own wings, clockwork-driven trump machines, a steam-driven monstrosity called Morgenstern, and growing fleets of zeppelins with Unicorn and Silver Rose emblems on the side.

Five Blades of Bahamut is a 4e setting with airships and Indian mythology in, and I think that's pretty cool.

Airships posted:

At the heart of each airship is a piece of a fallen star, which gives it the power of flight. The wind is channelled through a series of pipes to the fragment (the “core”) which produces tones and songs which remind it of the sky it once called home. Longing for home, it rises and sings in return.

Once awakened thus, a fallen star piece cannot ever rest again, and airships are incapable of dropping below 50 feet height, unless the core is breached – the star piece bursts forth, a bright light shooting to the sky… while the airship comes crashing to the ground. Never a good thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Every time I see "this cool fantasy setting that's not just Forgotten Realms but different" all I can think is how much I want to play an Eberron 13th Age game, or an Eberron video game, or really do anything in Eberron that doesn't involve the actual d&d mechanics.

Fake e: I have dogs but no cats, should I post dog pictures

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I know I came across a document before of trying to match the various 13th Age icons to Eberron organizations, such as the Lord of Blades instead of the Crusader and the Church of the Silver Flame instead of the Priestess.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

gradenko_2000 posted:

I know I came across a document before of trying to match the various 13th Age icons to Eberron organizations, such as the Lord of Blades instead of the Crusader and the Church of the Silver Flame instead of the Priestess.

That seems like the exactly wrong way to do Icons for a different setting?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Captain Walker posted:

Every time I see "this cool fantasy setting that's not just Forgotten Realms but different" all I can think is how much I want to play an Eberron 13th Age game, or an Eberron video game, or really do anything in Eberron that doesn't involve the actual d&d mechanics.

What's stopping you?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Captain Walker posted:

I want more Dark Sun. Dark Sun knockoffs are fine too.

Serf
May 5, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

I dunno why they would try and do a 1:1 match for each Icon to an Eberron organization/figure, but the idea itself is sound. It so happens that there are exactly 13 dragonmarked houses, so if you wanted to do fantasy corporate espionage you could give that a go. More generally though I think turning the Lord of Blades etc. into Icons is the way to go. That's a pretty good way to adapt the system to the setting I think. It was already D&D to start with so it shouldn't be too much work, and the tone is generally the same.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
The 13th Age Icons are well known mega-NPCs, though, whereas the average resident of Sharn (who certainly knows who the rulers of the major kingdoms are) probably has no idea who the Lord of Blades is.

I definitely like the idea of using the Dragonmarked Houses for Icons.

Serf
May 5, 2011

The mystery and ambiguity surrounding the Lord of Blades and its possible origins is very 13th Age, though. Having no set truth about it is rather nice and lets the GM present it however they like.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Drone posted:

I want more Dark Sun. Dark Sun knockoffs are fine too.

One day I will get around to running my 'Tyr City Blues' Dark Sun police procedural game. One day...

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
drrockso20 has gotten me thinking: what makes for a good presentation of a setting? This is definitely going to be a matter of personal preference, but I'm curious to see if we can pull any best practices together for pitching a game world, whether it's to our groups, to internet at large, or for publication.

The peak of "let me tell you about my setting" has to be the Guide to Glorantha and its ilk: whole books that are pure setting, presented in almost academic detail. It's the dream of every gamer who's ever played a great homebrew and wanted to share it with the world, but the sheer volume of information is so intimidating that it seems better suited to being a reference volume than to selling new players on the setting.

Bailywolf of the aforementioned Long Stairs, Mythos Supers, and dark psychosexual forest faerie tale commentaries on gender essentialism always hooks me with what are essentially a series of evocative 1200-1500 word essays that spiral deeper and deeper into the setting details, until you realize you've consumed 15,000 words on surreal Underdark spec-ops teams fighting P-zombies. I'm a sucker for these, but because they have no real structure and are at the end of the day just the musings of the author about whatever in the concept catches their fancy, they rely heavily on the reputation of the author. There's god knows how many "Setting Riff" threads posted weekly on RPGnet, for example, but unless they're started by someone I can trust to go somewhere good, they rarely make it to my reading list.

On the other end of the spectrum, Robin Laws' Hillfolk has its ~5-6 page "series pitches" with a strict format: two-paragraph nutshell setting pitch, list of example characters, half-page to page-and-a-half setting overview, brief discussion of themes, another page of "tightening the screws" scenario hooks, a list of names, and occasionally some miscellaneous bits filed away at the end. This is professional stuff, well-organized and focused on getting you precisely what you need to jump into the game ASAP. They do that well, and for some of the pitches all you need is that page of setting details: I've consumed the necessary media to do a game centered around a modern emergency room or a fantasy thieves' guild without doing too much extra reading. But that strict format really chafes when you want to present something drawing on more obscure sources, or that's just plain weird. Reducing Glorantha, Ehdrigohr, or Tenra Bansho Zero to a series pitch format would suck them dry. That's especially problematic for me, because aside from being a fan of truly weird worlds, the setting I'm considering writing up for public consumption is exactly that sort of high-context thing that demands an easy "in" for new players, but loses what makes it special when stripped down.

So, what hooks you into someone else's setting? And if you've written up something for the public that was well-received, link it. Shameless self-promotion. Do it.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I always point to the first half of Aberrant as being the game that hooked me with its setting based on sheer presentation. It is all told from an in-universe perspective. News stories, interviews, blog posts, forum posts, all of it is used to show the world and how it changes as the result of superhumans suddenly showing up. There are a few great comics that are representations of TV shows and are just fantastic. You get everything from internal memos of secret organizations with ominous codenames to an ersatz Hunter S. Thompson that apes his gonzo journalism while giving you a rundown of the world. There isn't a whole lot of out-of-character exposition and the majority of the setting is presented from the perspective of the people who live in it. And strangely for a White Wolf book, there is no real into fiction, instead we get straight into the action with the inciting moment - a transcription of a radio transmission with a doomed space station. Even the other two games in the line, Trinity and Adventure! have opening fiction, and I haven't seen another WW book that does this. Sometimes I'll just open up Aberrant and read the front half because of the conspiracy plot that is threaded right there through it, which is pretty engaging all by itself.

Completely opposite that, I love the world guides to the Forgotten Realms, Eberron and Golarion. Maybe I'm just a huge nerd but those CIA World Factbook headers with population numbers and demographic breakdowns are something I love to see. I realize that it is pointless, but those kind of breakdowns do help me get into the idea of the world. A more modern and streamlined take on this is in 13th Age, where you get a basic overview of the world, some things that may or may not be true, and it leaves a lot of it in the GM/players' hands to fill in the blanks.

Something I've always wanted to try is sorta a blend of the two. A world guide written by a character or institution within the world. A CIA World Factbook that is written by a sort of unreliable narrator. You could go full Marco Polo with it and have it be written by a traveler who exaggerates and makes up larger than life tales and doesn't always get things right. Or you could have a scholarly writer who is piecing all this together from stories and field reports and often gets things wrong, preserving the mystery of the world.

Doc Aquatic
Jul 30, 2003

Current holder of the Plush-bum Mr. Sweets Chair in American Hobology

inklesspen posted:

Why is this dog jumping out of a perfectly good helicopter?

Throwing a dog into the middle of the ocean is the most environmentally responsible way to dispose of it once you're done.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Buglord

Serf posted:

Something I've always wanted to try is sorta a blend of the two. A world guide written by a character or institution within the world. A CIA World Factbook that is written by a sort of unreliable narrator. You could go full Marco Polo with it and have it be written by a traveler who exaggerates and makes up larger than life tales and doesn't always get things right. Or you could have a scholarly writer who is piecing all this together from stories and field reports and often gets things wrong, preserving the mystery of the world.

Just don't go all Erin Tarn with it.

Serf
May 5, 2011

inklesspen posted:

Just don't go all Erin Tarn with it.

Don't you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
My GenCon Blurry Recollections:
  • Will Call always goofs up for me. Always. Hello, Customer Service. Speaking of which, Customer Service refused to put my goon name in quotes on my badge. Maybe I can sneak it on next year? Took a long time to get my stuff into the auction.
  • How is it a hotel room that costs $400+ a night doesn't provide wireless? Also, our freezer was a block of ice. And I don't mean that figuratively. Most things with the hotel were alright. Except for the tendency for their card-keys to get wiped if you left them near a cell phone or credit card. Whups. Len and the goons I stayed with were pretty gracious, and thanks go to them for hosting me. I got stuck off in the corner for trivia night with the bar goons since I arrived late. Maybe we can arrange to get a private spot set up next year? Still, they were cool and we won some trivia anyway. I got a question right for a TV show I've never watched. Nerd osmosis in action. The trivia night had way more deep cuts than last year. Riker's birthplace? Seriously?
  • Thursday is a blur. What the hell did I do Thursday? I set up a Hillfolk event for Friday, Brad from Level99 gave me way too many promos for BattleCON which I should distribute to goons. I cancelled the Hillfolk event because we didn't get takers for Friday. Got things signed by DiTerlizzi, who was a class act, and we jabbed about Planescape. I'd have figured he was sick of talking about Planescape, but no. He seemed pretty excited to talk about Planescape! Met goons again? I think I ate. poo poo. I had Jim Zub do a sketch of a character of mine! I sure did. I played the Car Wars Card Game! It's definitely meh! But I had a bit of fun with it anyway. I asked the Steve Jackson folks why they had a kickstarter for Car Wars but no Car Wars events. Got shrugs.
  • Friday was... I got to meet Tweet at the booth for World of Chaldea, which is a webseries based on an old D&D campaign of Peter Adkison's. I mostly wanted to talk about Over the Edge, admittedly. Had bacon for lunch with goons. I ran 13th Age, which went really well, too. We had a wizard who was just using future chemistry (a la Army of Darkness), a robot that was the only priest of the god of machines, and a bard who killed someone in the world every time she sang. Wait, was the bacon Thursday? poo poo! The Pixel Tactics tournament went crazy, I have a story to tell about that, but no time in here. I'm the Pixel Tactics World Champion! Hey!
  • Saturday I got up and I got to play Millennium Blades, which I really enjoyed and am pretty goddamn excited for now. Maybe the bacon was today? I got to play in the BattleCON world tournament but washed out pretty quick thanks to a real dumb mistake or two. I need more practice. Got to play a lot of the Exceed demo and see the alpha-level state of BattleCON online.
  • Sunday I got to play Trail of Cthulhu, which is now my favorite conventional Lovecraft game. I'm not much for conventional Lovecraft, but it's pretty great at doing that. I got all of my last-minute shopping done and finally got to meet Stolze after stalking hunting him all con. Talked to Zub longer and got another sketch done. Most of my stuff sold save for some high-ticket items (pretty surprised Charnel Houses of Europe: the Shoah didn't sell, but The Shadow Court sold for nearly the same price, somebody had the worst taste) Got to meet with goons and try X-Wing and drink horseradish vodka.
  • Best Decision: Exercising for the con. Hiking shoes. Wool socks. My legs ached but nowhere near previous conventions. Oh, and baby powder every morning. If you know what I mean, you know where it goes.
  • The stuff that had me excited: Millennium Blades. Millennium Blades? Millennium Blades. Meeting folks like DiTerlizzi and Stolze and Tweet and Zub. Ultimately this as a year about people for me and not product; there weren't a whole lot of big releases that got my attention. Most of the stuff that's been exciting me didn't have a con presence.
  • Biggest regret: Not meeting the Spirit of '77 guys. Should have made more of an effort to, but a lot gets lost in the mix. Should've gone to more seminars, but I overdid with those in previous years and it really goes along with the above; there weren't a lot of products I was hyped for that got GenCon exposure.
  • Signs We Still Have Further To Go: Zak S winning Ennies wasn't nearly as bad as Dungeons & Dragons and Pathfinder stomping the ceremony, yay for samey old fantasy, gently caress innovation, etc. The fact that Guide to Glorantha only won one award is just hideously embarrassing, not to mention all the wonderous and innovative stuff that's been hitting the shelves. Alas. Also, still have companies like Kamikaze Games, Blind Ferret, Soda Pop Miniatures, Kingdom Death, and stuff like dakimakura sellers making GBS threads up the exhibit hall. Still, there are positive signs, like the Game of Thrones CCG, which could have been skeevy as its source material but chose not to be. So there's a lot of positive stuff going on nonetheless. The Zak S walkout, lauded by his supporters as some sort of victory (because of course it is), is a sign poo poo's changing.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm sorry the evil body pillow salesmen ruined your event.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I'm sorry the evil body pillow salesmen ruined your event.

You aren't, and they didn't.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

ettin plz change thread title to TG August Cat Thread

thank

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
As for Eberron in the 13th Age, this is what the creator had to say on it. It's not super useful.

As for that brief Ennie chat, the Ennies are a popularity contest. The big names are always going to stop the awards because the majority of the hobby never really goes past D&D and Pathfinder. They kind of are just a huge joke.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alien Rope Burn posted:

You aren't, and they didn't.

Fair enough.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Covok posted:

As for Eberron in the 13th Age, this is what the creator had to say on it. It's not super useful.

Okay, the Lords of Sharn idea is cool as hell. I would totally play that.

I mean it's not a bad guide overall. I think the core idea of finding what you want to focus on and figuring out who your Icons are from there is a decent way of adapting the mechanic to settings not designed around it. In this case, rename them Factions and you're golden.

Also I like the idea of a secretive or mysterious Icon. I've used one in my game and it did pretty well.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Alien Rope Burn posted:

My GenCon Blurry Recollections:
How is it a hotel room that costs $400+ a night doesn't provide wireless? Also, our freezer was a block of ice. And I don't mean that figuratively. Most things with the hotel were alright. Except for the tendency for their card-keys to get wiped if you left them near a cell phone or credit card. Whups.

Which hotel? So I can plan accordingly next year.
As I mentioned in the Gencon thread Park Place/Candlewood is a pretty good deal if you're on a budget and don't mind the 2 mile shuttle ride, free wi-fi, a ridiculous amount of space (could sleep 5+ easily) we called it the Motel 6 Presidential Suite.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Biggest regret: Not meeting the Spirit of '77 guys. Should have made more of an effort to, but a lot gets lost in the mix. Should've gone to more seminars, but I overdid with those in previous years and it really goes along with the above; there weren't a lot of products I was hyped for that got GenCon exposure.

Likewise my biggest regret was not gaming with goons. Somebody played in my Saturday session, and he introduced himself to me, but I've already forgotten his name. :psyboom: So if you're out there unknown goon, thank's for playing! :rock:

I semi-crashed the private Kickstarter party and got to talk to Luke Crane a bit, super nice guy. We talked to a couple distributors and it looks like we'll have So77 in stores and at conventions in 2016.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Bucnasti posted:

Which hotel? So I can plan accordingly next year.

It was the Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites on 120 West Market. I think you could get wireless, but it was $25-30 a day? Their information on it was confusing and unclear, and the website kept redirecting me to pages I couldn't access because I hadn't paid for wireless when I tried to find out more. I think you could get access in the lobby, at least? At the end of each exhausting day the last thing I wanted to do was lug my heavy laptop all the way back down to the lobby, tho.

On the other hand, it was a 8 minute walk to the convention center, which was generally a good thing. (One of the subtle benefits of driving in is being able to more easily dump purchases or other extra weight back at the car, tho.)

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Alien Rope Burn posted:

The Zak S walkout, lauded by his supporters as some sort of victory (because of course it is), is a sign poo poo's changing.[/list]

At the risk of unleashing g.txt what happened?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
I'm jealous you got to meet Stolze. I brought a copy of A Dirty World since I signed up for a Delta Green game run by him but I guess it was cancelled or something? He never showed up.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
So I have been listening to The Adventure Zone and lately it's been just a tour of awful DMing. The second-last episode ended with the DM calling for the same roll over and over in hopes of inducing a failure, and then when the player passed every roll, the DM seized on a part of the player's description to justify forcing down that failure he so obviously needed by fiat.

This latest session they encountered the bad guy and tried to talk her down calmly before being pushed to combat. She then practically took the whole party out in round 1 before the GMPCs showed up to save the day by... talking her down calmly.

It's still the funniest AP I've listened to, but the "listen to my story the way I planned it" DMing is coming through pretty strongly.

Who else is listening?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

He won some awards and a contingent of people including Cam Banks walked out, about "three rows" of people. Fred Hicks supported it on twitter but I don't know if he was there. The funny thing that Zak S himself and others have pointed out that the number of copies of Red and Pleasant Land sold is fairly small and doesn't match up to the ENWorld userbase at all (like 2-3k copies sold and 20k votes cast), which means the ballot box was stuffed in some sense by people who never read it (or who just pirated it, a possibility I haven't seen commented on elsewhere). In theory, it shouldn't be possible for it to win, but it did. Something weird went on but it's not particularly clear what.

BlackIronHeart posted:

I'm jealous you got to meet Stolze. I brought a copy of A Dirty World since I signed up for a Delta Green game run by him but I guess it was cancelled or something? He never showed up.

I rounded the Arc Dream booth like eight-twelve times over the course of the con before I met him on the final day. I had playtested for him in the distant past and really wanted to meet him in person, so it was great to have that finally happen.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
so I rediscovered these old advertisements for Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, and I have to say I think there's the seeds for a Modern Fantasy campaign here;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5Mf2mp6fms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9zvIJyF4M8

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Alien Rope Burn posted:

He won some awards and a contingent of people including Cam Banks walked out, about "three rows" of people. Fred Hicks supported it on twitter but I don't know if he was there. The funny thing that Zak S himself and others have pointed out that the number of copies of Red and Pleasant Land sold is fairly small and doesn't match up to the ENWorld userbase at all (like 2-3k copies sold and 20k votes cast), which means the ballot box was stuffed in some sense by people who never read it (or who just pirated it, a possibility I haven't seen commented on elsewhere). In theory, it shouldn't be possible for it to win, but it did. Something weird went on but it's not particularly clear what.

In all likelihood it's a Sad Puppies situation.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Jimbozig posted:

So I have been listening to The Adventure Zone and lately it's been just a tour of awful DMing. The second-last episode ended with the DM calling for the same roll over and over in hopes of inducing a failure, and then when the player passed every roll, the DM seized on a part of the player's description to justify forcing down that failure he so obviously needed by fiat.

This latest session they encountered the bad guy and tried to talk her down calmly before being pushed to combat. She then practically took the whole party out in round 1 before the GMPCs showed up to save the day by... talking her down calmly.

It's still the funniest AP I've listened to, but the "listen to my story the way I planned it" DMing is coming through pretty strongly.

Who else is listening?

I do. I put this in the MBMBaM thread but I'll be glad to discuss it here.

Griffin is a below-average DM on a lot of levels - much of that attributable to him being new at it - but he does a couple of things very well:

1) He never lets the momentum flag. Ever. Once his players start to bitch/get bored he immediately explains everything or rushes them through to the next scene. He is not a pixel-bitcher and this is so, so, so very important. He also has a player (Travis) who has a very low tolerance for downtime and forces him to react and he usually does so admirably without punishing him (the end of the last episode not being the norm).

2) He tosses the rules in the garbage whenever they get in the way of something interesting (since it's D&D 5e this is a good thing)

3) He doesn't do big lore dumps. His exposition is short (10 minutes, absolute tops) and relatively punchy. No huge amounts of NPCs to remember, no stupid off-screen politics for the players to care about. It's a very player-facing campaign and this is a good thing that a lot of DMs fail at.

His weaknesses mostly come from generally having no knowledge or background in the craft outside of "I'm gonna run D&D!" which means he designs lovely adventures and lovely mysteries.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I do. I put this in the MBMBaM thread but I'll be glad to discuss it here.

Griffin is a below-average DM on a lot of levels - much of that attributable to him being new at it - but he does a couple of things very well:

1) He never lets the momentum flag. Ever. Once his players start to bitch/get bored he immediately explains everything or rushes them through to the next scene. He is not a pixel-bitcher and this is so, so, so very important. He also has a player (Travis) who has a very low tolerance for downtime and forces him to react and he usually does so admirably without punishing him (the end of the last episode not being the norm).

2) He tosses the rules in the garbage whenever they get in the way of something interesting (since it's D&D 5e this is a good thing)

3) He doesn't do big lore dumps. His exposition is short (10 minutes, absolute tops) and relatively punchy. No huge amounts of NPCs to remember, no stupid off-screen politics for the players to care about. It's a very player-facing campaign and this is a good thing that a lot of DMs fail at.

His weaknesses mostly come from generally having no knowledge or background in the craft outside of "I'm gonna run D&D!" which means he designs lovely adventures and lovely mysteries.

Yeah, you're right on about all of that. He knows his stuff when it comes to making a funny podcast for sure.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Doc Aquatic posted:

Throwing a dog into the middle of the ocean is the most environmentally responsible way to dispose of it once you're done.

Do not insult dogs, that's even worse than insulting most other things that I like...

Oh, unless someone is referring to Shiba Inu's because everyone is getting them because of the doge meme and don't know how to actually handle such a difficult animal

Bedlamdan fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Aug 5, 2015

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Bedlamdan posted:

Do not insult dogs, that's even worse than insulting most other things that I like...

Oh, unless someone is referring to Shiba Inu's because everyone is getting them because of the doge meme and don't know how to actually handle such a difficult animal

The dog is jumping out of the helicopter because he's a RESCUE DOG. He is a GOOD DOG. Check out the link if you click on adventure dog to see the full set of him saving people.

Dogs: TRUE HEROES

Also before the month is through I think I will start a Ryuutama game (with dogs) simply because I love the Oregon Trail aspect of it.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
A Red & Pleasant Land Is a quite original setting. It deserves the awards it got. :smugdog:

Edit: A simple google search turned up this comment by ZacS

http://www.therpgsite.com/showthread.php?p=845684

quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraguybrarian View Post
Any other authors of note walk out? I don't want to accidentally buy their products.
Not really: Adam Jury? People who supported them on Twitter included Fred Hicks, Daniel Solis and all the usual suspects who've been harassing us for the last year and 24 days.

Adam Jury is a Posthuman Studios member. That's all I know.

Looking for conversations from the other side of the coin on who was there/who left.

Why am I getting all these MMA sites?

Edit: Why the hell am I finding nothing else on this topic but that one site?

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Aug 5, 2015

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Helical Nightmares posted:

Because no one else really gives as much of a poo poo as a site built on the discarded trash from other forums?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
Posthuman are good people, that's heartening news.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Slimnoid posted:

Because no one else really gives as much of a poo poo as a site built on the discarded trash from other forums?

Nah. Evidently most of the complaining and walkout was on twitter.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Slimnoid posted:

But enough about SA bwahahahaha!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Helical Nightmares posted:

A Red & Pleasant Land Is a quite original setting. It deserves the awards it got. :smugdog:

Edit: A simple google search turned up this comment by ZacS

http://www.therpgsite.com/showthread.php?p=845684

Adam Jury is a Posthuman Studios member. That's all I know.

Looking for conversations from the other side of the coin on who was there/who left.

Why am I getting all these MMA sites?

Adam Jury is good people from my vague recollections of the few times we hung out in the late 90's, and Posthuman Studios tries very hard to be inclusive while keeping the Zac S and Pundit types out.

• Locked thread