Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Phone posted:

Buying the Velostar was on you, dude.

Yeah... :smith:

Lesson learned, warranty is more hassle than it's worth and dealership service departments will wreck your poo poo and take a stupid amount of your time to deal with, and will try anything to not take any responsibility for their actions. (Also don't buy Korean if the main advertising points are the warranty)

On the plus side it's been reliable for the last little bit and the ownership experience is vastly improved when you don't have to deal with the terrible Hyundai dealerships. I'm starting to like it again.

:unsmith:

Bajaha fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Aug 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

goatse guy posted:

This is everyone's problem when shopping for cars, and I spend a lot of time coaching customers to lower their expectations, because price is the biggest sticking point in any car deal and the reason why car buying is such a hassle

Eh, I didn't have a problem with the price. Personally I think so many people in the US have problems with that particular aspect because they've never lived in a culture in which you're expected to bargain on price, and it's so unfamiliar they get stressed over it. The place I bought from tried to dick me on the trade-in but gave me 2K off the MSRP on a 25K car; we dickered back and forth a couple times. It would have been a lot worse if they tried the entire "'I'm going back to my manager to discuss your counter offer' and disappear for 30 minutes' routine, but it was basically walk to the middle of the dealership, 3 minutes, and a walk back for my counter to their offer, and the counter-counter, and the counter-counter-counter. I came out alright, they didn't try to push their own financing on me, and there was a question ONCE of all the worthless add-on bullshit, which I promptly declined and it wasn't brought up again. Most stressful thing that happened there was that they brought me over the window sticker for a car they had to pull in from another dealership, which we started dealing on, and I got a loan app in for, until they found out it'd been sold that morning. Took 5 minutes to correct.

My problem is/was actually the customer service at the first dealership I went to, starting with the appointment I set up to order the thing. Nobody was available to help me until 20 min after my appt., and then it wasn't the salesman I had been dealing with, it was some half-literate mouthbreather that took in excess of 45 minutes to enter in two option codes to a computer, hand me a printout, and take my debit card around back for the $500 deposit. They were wrong (through pure incompetence) on the delivery date, didn't bother notifying me they were wrong and the wait for delivery would be twice as long as they quoted, ignored my request for the DORA twice, didn't bother providing a VIN when I gave them 7 days to do so (and AFTER it was finished being built), etc. Every interaction I had with them was a pain in the rear end and made me wonder why I was trying to give them my money.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Do any Brits have a lead on a decent car moving service down south? I have an old MX5 that needs shifting between houses, the bodywork is poo poo already so I don't really need VIP service, just the minimum of bullshit.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
Sigma X, I try to make sure my customer's purchasing is as easy and hassle-free as possible, but buying my Miata made me want to put a gun in my mouth and pull the trigger.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
For tomorrow

https://stupidbus.wordpress.com

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Geirskogul posted:

For tomorrow

Have a safe trip!

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
What are y'all's thoughts on keeping a door unlock key on the vehicle somewhere?

Thank you Kia for making your door lock switch the opposite of every vehicle ever.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Just saw the new Vacation movie. Super funny poo poo.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Pretty sure I'm done with all of this car bullshit once (if) I get my E30 back on the ground. It's never as simple as replacing a part, even if the part is right loving there, and every time I have to do a job, they always fight me from start to finish and drag it out as long as possible. It's infuriating and it's just not loving fun anymore. I guess I can kick the "I want to beat a car around a track" dream into the dirt. :smith:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The bus is being sold for 3k. I had $3200 in my checking, and another 2500 in savings. I go to transfer from savings to checking, and accidentally selected a different bank. Since transfers generally take a few days, this is a bad thing. Called USAA seconds after the mistake, said there’s nothing they could do, maybe Monday.

gently caress.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

jammyozzy posted:

Do any Brits have a lead on a decent car moving service down south? I have an old MX5 that needs shifting between houses, the bodywork is poo poo already so I don't really need VIP service, just the minimum of bullshit.

From where to where? I can ask about the people i know.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

T-Square posted:

Pretty sure I'm done with all of this car bullshit once (if) I get my E30 back on the ground. It's never as simple as replacing a part, even if the part is right loving there, and every time I have to do a job, they always fight me from start to finish and drag it out as long as possible. It's infuriating and it's just not loving fun anymore. I guess I can kick the "I want to beat a car around a track" dream into the dirt.
:smith: I'm at that point on the 928

Geirskogul posted:

The bus is being sold for 3k. I had $3200 in my checking, and another 2500 in savings. I go to transfer from savings to checking, and accidentally selected a different bank. Since transfers generally take a few days, this is a bad thing. Called USAA seconds after the mistake, said there’s nothing they could do, maybe Monday.

gently caress.
I did similar going to pick up my first E30. Drove all the way to West Virginia (from WI) with no money on a Sunday so I couldn't move money around and could only pull $400 a day from the ATM. I was able to get the guy to take paypal using his terribly slow dial up.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Protein powder shake lunch + sate dinner = the most noxious paint peeling farts known to man. Cats are not pleased with me to say the leasst

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Nodoze posted:

Both times I've bought a car it was painless. From my experience working in a dealer it's really only a bad time if you come in with unrealistic expectations or you go to a place that doesn't give a poo poo about anything other than how quick they can churn you through the machine to get the next person in

IMO the hard part is finding what you want that fits all the criteria you have when looking

Same here. My wife and I actually had a great time buying our Focus. It was really quick and our salesman was hilarious.I still can't believe what a deal we got on the stupid thing. It's an '08 model we bought in 2010, for $7600. They give us $1500 for our '99 Grand Am that was literally barely running.

5 years later and I still love that stupid ugly car.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Just saw the new Vacation movie. Super funny poo poo.

That movie looked like trite garbage in the trailers. How drunk were you?

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Got some brisket just finishing in the smoker now, I'm practically drooling as I type this.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'm drooling too and I'm probably a long way away (if not, share).

BloodBag posted:

On the other hand, the new Mission Impossible is really loving good. And i hate Tom Cruise.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

BloodBag posted:

Not drunk at all and not any more blitzed than normal. Doesn't take much to crack me up though.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

nm posted:

On the other hand, the new Mission Impossible is really loving good. And i hate Tom Cruise.

As much as Cruise as a person sucks, most of the movies he does are actually pretty drat good and some of them are extraordinarily good. If he wasn't a POS Scientoligist, he would be without a doubt the biggest movie star on the planet by some margin.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Saw Ant Man Saturday. drat that was a good movie. If you haven't seen it, go, its a good flick.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

NitroSpazzz posted:

:smith: I'm at that point on the 928

Is it really that bad? Do I need to rescue it? (it's an autobox...isn't it.....)

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Motronic posted:

Is it really that bad? Do I need to rescue it? (it's an autobox...isn't it.....)

Pretty sure he's posted that it's a manual.
(Do it!)

Jeez, 4 pages here, 2 in the last chat thread, all since the 30th!

My buddy with the old 4runner showed up at my house, we were going to check the ac. We go to toss a belt on it and the air inlet piping from the AFM to the TB crumbles.

He left Saturday night with a Megasquirted and tuned 4runner that got 3 mpg better on the freeway cruising 5mph higher than usual with a lot less pedal.
Had to do a lot of research as all the installs are geared towards a v3+ board now and he had an old v2.2. He's coming back next weekend with a wideband to finish the high load areas as the current tune was by ear and with the stock narrowband o2.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
You do all GM TBI stuff or are there kits for the 4Runner intake?

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
It was a 22re, so factory efi. The biggest issue I had was the factory VAST ignition system would not play nice with the ms.

Ended up using VAST for a vr conditioner (v2.2 boards don't have one built in), and an hei4 for coil and dwell control. Bypassed the VAST ignitor to keep the sr5 tach working too.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

"Please don't Halt or Catch Fire" is both hilarious and perhaps a little too optimistic.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

bennyfactor posted:

"Please don't Halt or Catch Fire" is both hilarious and perhaps a little too optimistic.

Driving across the Arizona Desert in August, fire is a very real possibility. Hopefully he comes back through Flagstaff, except, mountains + VW Bus.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Yesss

At this rate we're going to have to do a hardcover AI writing anthology book.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

As much as Cruise as a person sucks, most of the movies he does are actually pretty drat good and some of them are extraordinarily good. If he wasn't a POS Scientoligist, he would be without a doubt the biggest movie star on the planet by some margin.
I thought he left that cult. Anyway he won me back by producing movies like Oblivion and doing Edge of Tomorrow.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Watched They Live and Hell comes to Frogtown in the memory of Roddy Piper.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rascal napped with me this morning while my wife was off to help some friends do wedding make up

He's the best snuggler :3:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Bape Culture posted:

You can do a lot more than that for sure. One of my mates in his 350z has a ls3 with a relatively mild cam and valves and makes 550 at the fly. Ideally I'd buy one of those lsx crates but $$$. I don't want to go fi just as prices/complexion rockets and reliability plummets. The question is just what's the most cost effective way to hit 6.

550 flywheel is a completely different animal than 600 to the wheels. I guess you can build a high compression short block, big cubes, AFR heads, and see what that gets you. You'd still be better off on LS1tech, but I'd love to have a thread on this. We've had a few big HP vettes and GTOs on here, I think. Maybe they'll come out of the woodwork. :allears:

vvvvvv My point exactly. Except turbo, maybe.

Raluek fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Aug 3, 2015

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
600 at the wheels is a ton of power, and more so N/A.
You can get there without boost, but throwing a blower on an LSx or coyote is going to be quicker, cheaper, and easier to drive on than trying to do it without.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I only want 600 and the fly :)

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Replaced the O2 sensors in my truck and went from around 11 1/2 mpg to over 18. Jesus christ, why didn't I do it sooner?

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Whelp, August sucks.
Slipped on my floor (due to the silicon spray leaking), took a CRT with me. I really wrenched my knee (can't walk, it's the size of a melon), and did something to my foot (hurts more than my knee). gently caress!
I had until the end of the week were I could do 2-3 days of community service to pay off my fines in lieu, obviously can't do that now, so have to pay $10 a week which will take over a year to pay, and will have to go bankrupt on other debts in order to afford that!
gently caress me, something could have worked out for once, but nope. Fix a keyboard, ruin ya life.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Aug 3, 2015

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

fjelltorsk posted:

people still buys their movies on discs? mind blown :pusheen:

I still buy DVDs
Picked up Dead Snow 2 yesterday and it was brilliant aside from the deeply irritating American characters.
I get that they were supposed to be dumb but surely Norway has the zombie obsessed prepper type too?

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Fo3 posted:

Whelp, August sucks.
Slipped on my floor (due to the silicon spray leaking), took a CRT with me. I really wrenched my knee (can't walk, it's the size of a melon), and did something to my foot (hurts more than my knee). gently caress!
I had until the end of the week were I could do 2-3 days of community service to pay off my fines in lieu, obviously can't do that now, so have to pay $10 a week which will take over a year to pay, and will have to go bankrupt on other debts in order to afford that!
gently caress me, something could have worked out for once, but nope. Fix a keyboard, ruin ya life.

Get you some steroids at the doctor. I was having serious trouble walking at all from my crash and the steroid shot along with a prescription for Medrol has me feeling like a million bucks these days. My hip bursa was so inflamed I guess it was pinching on a nerve and making my whole leg tingle.

My shoulders/triceps/abs workout this morning was :perfect: from all that. This gear is the poo poo.I'm sure corticosteroids are a different beast entirely from anabolic, but doesn't matter, got gear

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Any goons in the Plymouth, NH area? Gonna be there all week and will probably be grabbing a few beers everyday after work with dinner.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Motronic posted:

Na I'm just sick of working on it. Charging system is still where it was a month or two ago I just haven't had the time or when I do I'd rather work on something else. It's a dogleg manual. Ran so perfect for months then as soon as I put a for sale sign in the back glass and list it on Craigslist it goes to hell :bang:

Raluek posted:

550 flywheel is a completely different animal than 600 to the wheels. I guess you can build a high compression short block, big cubes, AFR heads, and see what that gets you. You'd still be better off on LS1tech, but I'd love to have a thread on this. We've had a few big HP vettes and GTOs on here, I think. Maybe they'll come out of the woodwork. :allears:
I'm sure there's a ton of knowledge on LS engines lurking around this forum but I wonder if a thread would actually have enough posters to stick around. I'm possibly looking at a LS swap into an E30 at some point so I'd love as much info as possible, I'm kind of worried about the weight though. I'd think a project thread involving a swap would get a ton of info dumped into it.

Not nearly as productive this weekend as I had planned but that's nothing unusual. Got the important stuff done but nothing listed on Craigslist yet. May just list everything in the CA/AI for sale threads and see if I can avoid dealing with CL idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

3 hour drive to NH on my 1st day and am blazing with the project manager in his new STI.

• Locked thread