Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Cross the LINE

No thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Dixie: Hey, you're an Indian guy, you should have a gimmick where you dance

Shera: But I don't actually no how to dance

*ten seconds of complete silence while Dixie stares unblinkingly at nothing*

Dixie: Hey, you're an Indian guy, you should have a gimmick where you dance

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

james storm looks like santa foley

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

coconono posted:

man that's sadder than AWA's dying days.

And, judging by his face, Storm's painfully aware of that.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

bobkatt013 posted:

Remember when he kicked off that idea by having Buff vs Booker on the main event of Raw?

That has always seemed so bizarre, but you know what loving did it? The City of Cleveland.

gently caress that city forever for a multitude of reasons, but Vince McMahon was no moron: he knew Buff Bagwell was well past whatever prime he had, but on the last ever Nitro he did a little cheap heat segment in front of his live audience at Raw in Cleveland. He gets up in front of the crowd and starts rattling off some names, asking if the fans want to see them, getting boos for lovely wrestlers and cheers for awesome wrestlers and pretending like he's mulling over who should come in.

The moment - the moment - that ruined everything is when Vince McMahon says the name Buff Bagwell. Cleveland, for some reason unbeknownst to the most learned scholars of our time, goes completely nuts cheering for Bagwell. Vince is visibly taken aback, you can see the gears in his head turning, thinking "Wait, did I completely underestimate this guy?" The fate was sealed.

Sadly the last Nitro isn't on YouTube as far as I can see and I doubt WWENetwork will ever make it to those, but I remember that moment very well.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

"Why does James Wyatt Storm have a noose hanging from his hair" is the biggest question I have from that video

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

buff bagwell owned then and owns now

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Cleveland loves failure, it kind of makes sense in some twisted way.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Everyone pretends that Buff Bagwell wasn't consistently a lot more over than his "upper-midcard ceiling guy who never held a singles title" pedigree would indicate. It's not like this was Booker T vs. Shawn Stasiak or Booker vs Hugh Morrus. Buff never got much of a babyface push but he was one of the more popular guys whose contracts WWF bought out, surpassed maybe only by Booker and DDP.

Obviously it would have been better to have, for isntance, Scott Steiner for Booker to face. But other than DDP who would you rather he have fought in that main event match, Kanyon?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

can't wait to see how this plays out on the special Indian only Impact cut entirely around him

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Is that even for real or is it just as mythical and elusive as the Indian "WWE Raw starring the Great Khali" broadcasts

I mean it strikes me as even less believable because there was at least a period where Khali was a big part of the product

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

meltzer just yesterday said tna is doing an india tour and would be pushing him pursuant to that

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

DynamiteKidd posted:

Everyone pretends that Buff Bagwell wasn't consistently a lot more over than his "upper-midcard ceiling guy who never held a singles title" pedigree would indicate. It's not like this was Booker T vs. Shawn Stasiak or Booker vs Hugh Morrus. Buff never got much of a babyface push but he was one of the more popular guys whose contracts WWF bought out, surpassed maybe only by Booker and DDP.

Obviously it would have been better to have, for isntance, Scott Steiner for Booker to face. But other than DDP who would you rather he have fought in that main event match, Kanyon?

The phone calls from his mom did not help.

epitasis posted:

Now you owe him money.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Oh hey I found the clip I was thinking of, always learn Russian. I looked up 26/03/2001 Винса Селмент (Vince Segment):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAb6S0XHn74

Right before this he says I'm gonna give you some thumbs up thumbs down and let's see who I should keep from WCW or something like that.

It sounds like someone edited the reactions though. Or it's just the audio dropping out. You can still tell the crowd goes nuts for Bagwell. Of course, they went crazier for BPP and Goldberg though.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

epitasis posted:

He's unironically the stuff and I can't get enough.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

epitasis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsHja1TU1c0

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

that announcer's voice :stare:

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

DynamiteKidd posted:

Is that even for real or is it just as mythical and elusive as the Indian "WWE Raw starring the Great Khali" broadcasts

I mean it strikes me as even less believable because there was at least a period where Khali was a big part of the product

I cancelled my Observer subscription but it looks like it was in the June 15th Observer if anyone wants to find it

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

James Storm is fat.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Is that Jack Evans's #1 fan from RoH circa 2006-2008 there in the front row?

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Codependent Poster posted:

James Storm is fat.

Dude's physique seriously went to hell after that Gunner feud. I have no idea what he started doing or not doing. I'd assume he "just gave up" if he didn't also seem like he was giving 110% trying to make the lovely Revolution gimmick work.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

DynamiteKidd posted:

But other than DDP who would you rather he have fought in that main event match, Kanyon?

uhh yeah he was the alliance MVP

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

DynamiteKidd posted:

who would you rather he have fought in that main event match, Kanyon?

Who better?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Buff is the stuff and I will not hear otherwise

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

They cut off the lead up to that which was even more spectacularly awkward and hilarious.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Memento posted:

Who better?

Antidepressants

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Edge & Christian posted:

Is that Jack Evans's #1 fan from RoH circa 2006-2008 there in the front row?

I think so

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
gently caress Buff Bagwell.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

NickRoweFillea posted:

gently caress Buff Bagwell.

For a moderate fee.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Buff is the stuff and I will not hear otherwise

I long to view the alternate reality where Buff managed to stay in the WWE long enough to form a tag team with Heidenreich, preferably called The Buff Reich :getin:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Angular Landbury posted:

Dude's physique seriously went to hell after that Gunner feud. I have no idea what he started doing or not doing. I'd assume he "just gave up" if he didn't also seem like he was giving 110% trying to make the lovely Revolution gimmick work.

Didn't he start that stable before they got kicked off Spike? What the hell have they been doing all this time?

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Rhonne posted:

Didn't he start that stable before they got kicked off Spike? What the hell have they been doing all this time?

Kidnapping dudes, holding the tag belts briefly, train murder and dance parties. In that order.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Angular Landbury posted:

Kidnapping dudes, holding the tag belts briefly, train murder and dance parties. In that order.

Oh yeah, I heard about the train murder. Last time I watched TNA, he was beating up The Great Muta and had Suicide and some Japanese dude as his henchmen.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Rhonne posted:

Oh yeah, I heard about the train murder. Last time I watched TNA, he was beating up The Great Muta and had Suicide and some Japanese dude as his henchmen.

Yeah, that was hilarious. Muta shows up so they can turn his protege heel, said protege then spends six months losing matches and standing in the background during promos, then disappears with basically no explanation due to him apparently quitting IRL.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Angular Landbury posted:

Don't forget being a bad touch cult

Rhonne posted:

Japanese dude quit & TNA no longer has a working relationship with Wrestle 1 so no more Muta.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

DJExile posted:

that announcer's voice :stare:

Is he the same guy from the "most illegal move in the history of wrestling" clip or do a lot of these guys sound the same?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Angular Landbury posted:

Yeah, that was hilarious. Muta shows up so they can turn his protege heel, said protege then spends six months losing matches and standing in the background during promos, then disappears with basically no explanation due to him apparently quitting IRL.

If you told me that all of this happened in 1999 on Nitro I would have believed you.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

RZApublican posted:

If you told me that all of this happened in 1999 on Nitro I would have believed you.

Like... how loving hard is it to sit down in a room and come up with 7 or 8 little stories to play out over a month and figure out what you want these characters to do. I just legitimately do not understand why "creative" is in any way hard for these companies.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Angular Landbury posted:

The story on Sanada is that Mutoh didn't like the 'Great Sanada' gimmick, or didn't like how Sanada played what was basically the Muta character, and cut ties with him and TNA at the earliest opportunity because of this. He really turned on his golden boy for this reason. Sanada was left stranded in the US because Muta is crazy, and quit TNA immediately because he knew he could get better money working various indies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

DynamiteKidd posted:

The story on Sanada is that Mutoh didn't like the 'Great Sanada' gimmick, or didn't like how Sanada played what was basically the Muta character, and cut ties with him and TNA at the earliest opportunity because of this. He really turned on his golden boy for this reason. Sanada was left stranded in the US because Muta is crazy, and quit TNA immediately because he knew he could get better money working various indies.

So is Sanada just now allowed back in Japan now or what?

• Locked thread