Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Training camps are underway and we're just one week away from the start of preseason. You know what that means:

Shut up Febreeze, football is coming back I don't care if the games don't count IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMNIT

Relevant dates for August:

Aug. 8: Pro Football Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony (this year's class: Jerome Bettis, Tim Brown, Charles Haley, Bill Polian, Junior Seau, Will Shields, Mick Tingelhoff, Ron Wolf)
Aug. 9: Hall of Fame Game, Minnesota Vikings vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
Aug. 13-17: First preseason week
Aug. 20-24: Second preseason week
Aug. 27-30: Third preseason week

The final preseason games and roster cut deadlines don't come until September so I left those alone.

One more month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
gently caress autograph hounds who start near riots.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

yeah, I mean start a fuckin riot or don't. what is this "near" riot bullshit :colbert:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Hard Knocks starts August 11th! :woop:

A Texans fan should probably do a cool write up and what to look for. Or else I will do it, and you don't want that.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Tyler Eifert was pretty much uncoverable in the first Bengals practice. Really good tight end or really lovely linebackers, taking all bets!

"COVER THE GODDAMN TE!" is basically my hello in the fall. You have no idea how happy I am that all the other TEs in the division are old, hurt and or slow.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Benne posted:

One more month.

Summer's gone quick for me. The offseason for SF has left me a little numb so I've mostly been focusing on non-49er stuff. It's been nice!

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

Tyler Eifert was pretty much uncoverable in the first Bengals practice. Really good tight end or really lovely linebackers, taking all bets!

"COVER THE GODDAMN TE!" is basically my hello in the fall. You have no idea how happy I am that all the other TEs in the division are old, hurt and or slow.

yall gonna get maxx to the sack

High_Life
Sep 19, 2004

MIND GAMES...
On the autograph thing... what is the judgement if you have access to a practice field or pit lane or dugout and can get a dude to sign the pass? No trampling, but it seems like a grey area.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

High_Life posted:

On the autograph thing... what is the judgement if you have access to a practice field or pit lane or dugout and can get a dude to sign the pass? No trampling, but it seems like a grey area.

If you want an autograph, get one. If not, don't.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
so stoked for fake games. can't wait to see christian ponder and trent richardson blow up scrub defenses.

:smith:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I watched IFAF

Hall of Fame game is gonna look like the goddamn Super Bowl

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

quote:

The only autograph I ever got was from Kimble Anders when I was like 8 or 9. There was a long line and he talked to me for a few minutes about school. Cool dude. Beautiful smile.

From the last thread.

One of the football things that always makes me :smith: is how Kimble's career went down. I mean he still had a solid run and all but... After years of playing fullback the Chiefs didn't have anyone obvious to play halfback in '99, so they decide to give Kimble a shot there. First week he wasn't particularly good. The second week he's killing it, 142 yards on 21 carries against Denver. With the game basically over KC's running out the clock. On his 22nd carry Kimble crumples down in the backfield without anyone touching him, completely blown achilles.

He tried to come back the next year but you could see he wasn't the same.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Cam Newton laughing cause he got 50 million guaranteed paid up front.

Owns.

Well I guess after all the Bullshit and delays Wilson gets $61 million in guarantees.

:clint:

A Man and his dog fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Aug 1, 2015

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
The only good thing about pre-season is Hard Knocks. Everything else is irrelevant.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

High_Life posted:

Just ask. They can say no. Be polite. Unless it's a determined thing they have zero obligation.

Also if a big dude signs expect vultures to flock.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

:slick: I am so excited :slick:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

2nd round pick Devin Smith broke a few ribs making a ridiculous catch at practice yesterday and will be out most of training camp. :smith:

Pads aren't even on yet!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

GaussianCopula posted:

The only good thing about pre-season is Hard Knocks. Everything else is irrelevant.

I love the preseason because the Dolphins play football games that don't matter

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ozu posted:

2nd round pick Devin Smith broke a few ribs making a ridiculous catch at practice yesterday and will be out most of training camp. :smith:

Pads aren't even on yet!

I was trying to figure out how he broke ribs in non-contact practice. Did he just sell out on a ball and fall really hard or something?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ehud posted:

I was trying to figure out how he broke ribs in non-contact practice. Did he just sell out on a ball and fall really hard or something?
He laid out for a ball on a deflection. The initial speculation was that he had a concussion because he was hit in the head and slow to get up so I guess ribs are better than scrambling your brain.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ehud posted:

I love the preseason because the Dolphins play football games that don't matter

Same. You get to be interested in the game and hope that they win and all, but if they lose, it's just preseason. If they win, you just stomped those other idiots, go team, you guys are going to make a big splash this season if you keep it up! You throw in a few more lies to yourself about the team's chances and with enough of them you'll no longer be able to tell the difference between the preseason and the regular season and suddenly the extended season you never dared to dream of is right in front of you. That's when Sam Bradford tears his ACL.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Boom Herron arrived at camp wearing Boom Herron socks, greatly increasing his chance of making the team.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Boom owns.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

High_Life posted:

I don't think their is anything wrong with getting an autograph, its the basement dwelling retards with the fanny packs and binder full of team photos and head shots guy who knocks over little kids to try and get one who are the scourge of the earth.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

it's been so long, andy-kun~~~~~

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Came for candirú, left disappointed.

Going to the Redskins-Ravens preseason game. Gonna be awesome. No matter who wins, I'll be happy.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I wish I had a pre-season where I didn't have to pay close attention to my team's quarterbacks.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
football??

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Derek Carr looks good! And hit Crabree with a few 25+ attempts!

Trent Richardson, Rod Streater, and Sio Moore did not suit up. The former two due to injuries.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Weren't we talking about LaMichael James?

Hes still on Miami I guess

Greg Likens ‏@GregLikens 1h1 hour ago
LaMichael James draws cheers from the crowd after showing some wiggle before breaking a nice run #Dolphins

Chris Perkins ‏@chrisperk 1h1 hour ago
Pouncey blocks Suh...LaMichael James goes away from Suh for big gain. Nice move by James.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

davecrazy posted:

I don't think their is anything wrong with getting an autograph, its the basement dwelling retards with the fanny packs and binder full of team photos and head shots guy who knocks over little kids to try and get one who are the scourge of the earth.

They always are doing it to sell them explicitly and they're all awful shitheads

"don't get more than one"

*coyly comes back in line, changes nothing about appearance*

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
:golfclap:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@NateUlrichABJ
Asked if he wants to play for #Browns, Ohio State QB Cardale Jones said he wants to play in #NFL.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Ouch.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Same. You get to be interested in the game and hope that they win and all, but if they lose, it's just preseason. If they win, you just stomped those other idiots, go team, you guys are going to make a big splash this season if you keep it up! You throw in a few more lies to yourself about the team's chances and with enough of them you'll no longer be able to tell the difference between the preseason and the regular season and suddenly the extended season you never dared to dream of is right in front of you. That's when Sam Bradford tears his ACL.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Chris James 2 posted:

@NateUlrichABJ
Asked if he wants to play for #Browns, Ohio State QB Cardale Jones said he wants to play in #NFL.

:lol:

The Browns are finishing with a top 3 pick right alongside the Redskins.

Going down in flames together!

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Weren't we talking about LaMichael James?

Hes still on Miami I guess

Greg Likens ‏@GregLikens 1h1 hour ago
LaMichael James draws cheers from the crowd after showing some wiggle before breaking a nice run #Dolphins

Chris Perkins ‏@chrisperk 1h1 hour ago
Pouncey blocks Suh...LaMichael James goes away from Suh for big gain. Nice move by James.

Bahhahahahahaha!!! Enjoy that bust, Miami!!!!

:smith:

And I think we were talking about Lache Seastrunk in the July thread.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Ohio State is a cesspool that should be erased from the Earth but God bless Cardale Jones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Ohio State is a cesspool that should be erased from the Earth but God bless Cardale Jones

Cardale is a real life Raydon from Blue Mountain State. :patriot:

• Locked thread