Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Wow. Good to have Wagner around for a while. He owns.

Have fun signing Kuechley, Carolina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ross Angeles posted:

Jeff Fisher is a poo poo coach and the Rams have a poo poo QB

Counterpoint: Chargers aren't much better and will probably be moving and searching for a QB in the next 2-3 years.

I dunno though? Is Rivers a guy whose gonna play until he's physically done?

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
The Seahawks now have the highest paid LB, TE, and Safety and second-highest CB and QB. How can they afford this?

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Chichevache posted:

Wow. Good to have Wagner around for a while. He owns.

Have fun signing Kuechley, Carolina.

Yeah that shouldn't be to hard.... Don't have to worry about Hardy. Cams been paid. The awful RB contract situation from years ago is coming to a conclusion.

He will get paid. I like this GM. He's cool.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

Jeff Fisher is a poo poo coach and the Rams have a poo poo QB

Yeah but when the mustache takes over for a season he is good

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

A Man and his dog posted:

Counterpoint: Chargers aren't much better and will probably be moving and searching for a QB in the next 2-3 years.

I dunno though? Is Rivers a guy whose gonna play until he's physically done?

How is that a counterpoint to anything? The Chargers have nothing to do with the Rams lovely QB and lovely coach

a neat cape fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Aug 2, 2015

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Magicpants posted:

The Seahawks now have the highest paid LB, TE, and Safety and second-highest CB and QB. How can they afford this?

We have the highest paid SS too! And he wants more!

John Schneider is a god drat wizard.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Roasted Donut posted:

We already have a Landry jones tyvm

Speaking of which he;s been getting outplayed in camp by loving tajh boyd and tyler murphy. lmfao

I thought Murphy switched to WR?

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Not really a counterpoint I guess. But the Chargers could be in the same boat very shortly? :shrug:

You had a wide open window back In the day. It's pretty much closed. Still think you have 2-3 years to make a run. ESP when Peyton / Brady retire.

Riversthrowingponcho.gif

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

A Man and his dog posted:

Not really a counterpoint I guess. But the Chargers could be in the same boat very shortly? :shrug:

You had a wide open window back In the day. It's pretty much closed. Still think you have 2-3 years to make a run. ESP when Peyton / Brady retire.

Riversthrowingponcho.gif

Counterpoint: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2533454-should-the-san-diego-chargers-be-the-favorites-in-the-afc

I want to believe

Nibbler
Feb 13, 2007

America's Game, the way it's meant to be played.
Fisher is a poo poo coach and is holding the Rams back. I hope they continue to be on the cusp of competing only to go 7-9 for years. If they keep Fisher around that is all but guaranteed. Their D will be amazing but they are basically the Texans on offense.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Lmao 2013 Nick Foles: 27 TDS - 2 INT

Times change. But this season will get a pretty good gauge on what he's going to be.

Probably not good.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Magicpants posted:

It owns.

Guess we can keep everyone after paying Wilson!

Here's the list of players we have under contract for the next three years minimum

Russell Wilson
Marshawn Lynch
Richard Sherman
Kam Chancellor
Earl Thomas
Michael Bennett
Cliff Avail
Jimmy Graham
Doug Baldwin
KJ Wright
Bobby Wagner

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Aug 2, 2015

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Nibbler posted:

Fisher is a poo poo coach and is holding the Rams back. I hope they continue to be on the cusp of competing only to go 7-9 for years. If they keep Fisher around that is all but guaranteed. Their D will be amazing but they are basically the Texans on offense.

He will have his magical bullshit season and get a 5 year extension

Nibbler
Feb 13, 2007

America's Game, the way it's meant to be played.

Metapod posted:

He will have his magical bullshit season and get a 5 year extension

As a hawks fan I'm totally cool with this because the Rams are actually scary as gently caress. They have one of the youngest rosters in the league and are stacked with talent thanks to a zillion top 10 picks. Luckily so far the talent hasn't been used properly and the QB position has been sketchy. Foles isn't the answer, but if he somehow pulls some bullshit out of his rear end for this season then the rest of the NFCW should celebrate because ultimately Fisher is the only thing keeping the Rams from dominating.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Magicpants posted:

Isn't Kaepernick's contract for way more money than Wilson's?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

African AIDS cum posted:

Isn't Kaepernick's contract for way more money than Wilson's?

Yup, and for a lot longer. They're stuck with him for at least two more coaching changes.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Jesus Christ why didn't you run the ball on the 1 yard line and win the SB...

You had one loving job.....

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Chichevache posted:

Yup, and for a lot longer. They're stuck with him for at least two more coaching changes.

Kaep has to be glad True Detective is around to take his title as biggest 1 season wonder

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Magicpants posted:

They're weak at a few positions, like:
LT
LG
C
RG
RT
WR1
WR2
WR3

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

They're weak at a few positions, like:
LT
LG
C
RG
RT
WR1
WR2
WR3

We have a pretty good LT! You know, for the five or six healthy games he has.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

News out of camp is that the Chargers and Philip Rivers are closing in on a contract extension and should be finalized before training camp ends.

Early rumors is that it's gonna be four years and 20+ million per

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
john Schneider is only a genius if some draft picks start delivering. 2013 and 2014 were a whole bunch of nothing.

Writing big checks on someone else's bank account is no great trick.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Magicpants posted:

Skimping on OL and (other) LBs.

They're 10mil below average on offensive line contracts this year, and 16.6mil below the average of 21mil on OL locked up for next year.

LB they're essentially at half the league average for both this year and next year, though as you mention Wagner is going to cost them a bit.

Add that to additional savings from trotting out scrub WRs every game (though they still have like 8mil of dead money from Harvin this year), and things seem to balance out.

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Aug 2, 2015

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

Magicpants posted:

Saving at these positions:

LG - Alvin Bailey $587,000
C - Lemuel Jeanpierre $665,000
RG - J.R. Sweezy $1,556,212
RT - Justin Britt $785,666

And Okung is at like 7 million, which is 16th in the NFL at LT.

And the WRs I assume will make the team are:

Doug Baldwin - $4,650,000
Jermaine Kearse - $2,356,000
Paul Richardson - $1,071,099 (PUP)
Ricardo Lockette - $660,000
Tyler Lockett - $631,687
Kevin Norwood - $615,027
Chris Matthews - $510,000

They combine to make half of Calvin Johnson's cap hit :v:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Zifnab posted:

Saving at these positions:

LG - Alvin Bailey $587,000
C - Lemuel Jeanpierre $665,000
RG - J.R. Sweezy $1,556,212
RT - Justin Britt $785,666

And Okung is at like 7 million, which is 16th in the NFL at LT.

And the WRs I assume will make the team are:

Doug Baldwin - $4,650,000
Jermaine Kearse - $2,356,000
Paul Richardson - $1,071,099 (PUP)
Ricardo Lockette - $660,000
Tyler Lockett - $631,687
Kevin Norwood - $615,027
Chris Matthews - $510,000

They combine to make half of Calvin Johnson's cap hit :v:

And his receptions.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

That is a rough group of wide receivers.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

In other news, once again god dammit Philadelphia
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...rticle25811702/

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Also on the topic of Philly:

Chip Kelly has a bunch of his guys work out at a local "community-driven fitness and lifestyle boutique" that Chip himself frequents. Here is their website. They offer "flow arts" classes for "inspired movements and empowered living" and have champagne sundays.

Naturally all the players he has going there are white guys. Don't think he's even trying to fight the image at this point.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

sweet thursday posted:

In other news, once again god dammit Philadelphia
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...rticle25811702/

We are the worst and deserve nothing but sadness and misery.

Then again, at least we aren't the Cowboys. Or Skins.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
It's okay you will probably finish 3rd in the Division.... Wait that's assuming the Giants are second.

Lol NFC East

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ehud posted:

Lockett will be pretty good

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Forever_Peace posted:

Also on the topic of Philly:

Chip Kelly has a bunch of his guys work out at a local "community-driven fitness and lifestyle boutique" that Chip himself frequents. Here is their website. They offer "flow arts" classes for "inspired movements and empowered living" and have champagne sundays.

Naturally all the players he has going there are white guys. Don't think he's even trying to fight the image at this point.

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/brandon-boykin-chip-kelly-uncomfortable-around-grown-men-our-culture

quote:

In a text message to Comcast SportsNet's Derrick Gunn, Boykin said Kelly is “uncomfortable around grown men of our culture.”

“He can't relate and that makes him uncomfortable,” Boykin added in the text message. “He likes total control of everything, and he don't like to be uncomfortable. Players excel when you let them naturally be who they are, and in my experience that hasn't been important to him, but you guys have heard this before me.”
@GeoffMosherCSN
Boykin's comments are important/significant/telling, whatever, because they aren't sour grapes. That dude is THRILLED to be out of here.

Boba Phat
Feb 19, 2003

Deal With It

Ehud posted:

I actually think they're becoming a pretty intriguing group of WRs, althoughly clearly unproven. Baldwin is underrated, Kearse is overrated (dude wouldn't be in the league if he didn't make 1 or 2 absolutely stupefying catches each year). Richardson, Norwood, and Matthews have all flashed in limited action last year, and I really think Tyler Locket has the potential to be THE steal of the 2015 draft.

Although I agree with A Man and his dog that the Rams are going to be for real this year, lovely Jeff Fisher grooming choices and all. Their defense is the legit scary and if you don't believe that then you haven't been watching their games the last few years. All they need out of their offense is competence, and I think they now have that and then some with Foles and Gurley. Bradford seems like a hell of a nice guy and genuinely talented, but his injuries have held that team down for a few years.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

swickles posted:

I thought Murphy switched to WR?

He did for OTAs but now we have a bunch of UDFA wide receivers who are looking real good and Gradkowski is on the PUP so they needed another QB and he hasn't been doing bad

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Ozu posted:

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/brandon-boykin-chip-kelly-uncomfortable-around-grown-men-our-culture

@GeoffMosherCSN
Boykin's comments are important/significant/telling, whatever, because they aren't sour grapes. That dude is THRILLED to be out of here.

Well Tomlin definitely does just let dudes be themselves so hopefully he hate plays this year and racks up 6+ picks again

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Metapod posted:

Lockett will be pretty good
This checks out

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Boba Phat posted:

I really think Tyler Locket has the potential to be THE steal of the 2015 draft.

I'm still pissed you guys got him, I don't trust Bevell to use him correctly.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Boba Phat posted:

I really think Tyler Locket has the potential to be THE steal of the 2015 draft.

DGB in the 2nd is the steal of the draft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Metapod posted:

DGB in the 2nd is the steal of the draft

Nope. La'el. On a technicality.