Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

i don't actually understand the reject corporate welfare comment, like why bring it up at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
And while I'm posting Roll Call videos, a truly exceptional hits and misses this week with lots of great props.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHcMN63CX0Q

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Chard posted:

Is there going to be anywhere I can watch the debates online? I don't have a TV, just this computer. I don't want to miss the magic!

It will be streaming all over the place, and multiple streams will be posted in D&D threads and IRC.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hollismason posted:

This is just like not true. The ADA doesn't work like that it's a civil rights law.

There is absolutely nothing in the ADA that would allow you to get around a business firing you for Medical Marijuana.

You're just flat out wrong

e.g., http://www.samhsa.gov/sites/default/files/partnersforrecovery/docs/Know_Your_Rights_Brochure_0110.pdf

http://blogs.lawyers.com/2013/01/cant-fire-for-rx-medication/

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
However, as mentioned before, they'll just fire you for "not being a good fit for the culture" or "wore blue shirt on Thursday" and good loving luck proving otherwise.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

SumYungGui posted:

However, as mentioned before, they'll just fire you for "not being a good fit for the culture" or "wore blue shirt on Thursday" and good loving luck proving otherwise.

Companies are generally too stupid to have come up with backing for those claims, but will have recorded things like "we should fire them if they ever do x".

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

Marijuana is not recognized as a prescription drug under federal laws. It's like saying " My doctor prescribed me heroin" and then getting to use heroin and not be fired from a job for testing positive for it.

Even in states where there is Legal Marijuana, they can still fire you.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Aug 2, 2015

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Hollismason posted:

Marijuana is not recognized as a prescription drug under federal laws. It's like saying " My doctor prescribed me heroin" and then getting to use heroin and not be fired from a job for testing positive for it.

Even in states where there is Legal Marijuana, they can still fire you.

Which is why I specifically said in my post that you responded to that the prerequisite for ADA protection would be federal rescheduling.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
In the the hell are all the Sunday morning political shows have their BREAKING NEWS banners about Joe Biden maybe, possibly thinking about running? Is there a source article or anything of the sort that is triggering this or what?

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.

Solkanar512 posted:

In the the hell are all the Sunday morning political shows have their BREAKING NEWS banners about Joe Biden maybe, possibly thinking about running? Is there a source article or anything of the sort that is triggering this or what?

It's because literally everything nowadays is "BREAKING NEWS", even unsubstantiated rumors.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Joementum posted:

And while I'm posting Roll Call videos, a truly exceptional hits and misses this week with lots of great props.

I was about to post this after watching it and thank you for posting it and adding another subscription on my youtube.

"We are the half-empty toothaskdjal..."

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day, "If I'm gonna shoot it, I'm gonna eat it." ~ Rep. Paul Broun (R-GA)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpmox0BDoC0

A good hunter.

Seriously, trophy hunters can suck a gently caress.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Joementum posted:

Shruggy says

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

My Face When posted:

I was about to post this after watching it and thank you for posting it and adding another subscription on my youtube.

"We are the half-empty toothaskdjal..."

That man is Seattle's awesome long time representative. Dude gets 75%+ of the vote every time. I'm going to cry when he dies or has to retire.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Tigntink posted:

That man is Seattle's awesome long time representative. Dude gets 75%+ of the vote every time. I'm going to cry when he dies or has to retire.

Also he did this.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Kill Bill went in a strange direction after the second film. :stonk:

Maarek
Jun 9, 2002

Your silence only incriminates you further.

SedanChair posted:

Is there a German word for "despising someone, yet valuing the essential role they play in public discourse"?

Jugistmöstlugzurius

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Maarek posted:

Jugistmöstlugzurius

He said "essential," not "comedic"

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Can someone provide a link to the formal nuclear deal with Iran?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

mandatory lesbian posted:

i don't actually understand the reject corporate welfare comment, like why bring it up at all

Seconded. That was an odd topic to launch into considering the company and their politics.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
According to Sons of Wichita, the Koch's are old school libertarians and that's been part of their platform forever. If the donors are at all familiar with them it wouldn't have been a big shocker.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

site posted:

According to Sons of Wichita, the Koch's are old school libertarians and that's been part of their platform forever. If the donors are at all familiar with them it wouldn't have been a big shocker.

If I remember right, their father was a founding member of the John Birch Society. They've been knee-deep in this poo poo forever.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

Quote of the morning, "I wish good luck to all of the Republican candidates that traveled to California to beg for money etc. from the Koch Brothers. Puppets?" ~ Donald Trump.

From last page but, this is a perfect line of attack for anyone, even Trump. I want to see him double down on this.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Seconded. That was an odd topic to launch into considering the company and their politics.

If it helps the competition that's welfare and need to be destroyed, if it helps them that's the natural state of the world and shouldn't be touched.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Solkanar512 posted:

Well you see Maureen Dowd saw some people around Biden once....

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Trump vs. Koch thing had better end in legitimate violence between the two of them. Blood, dammit!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the night, “Look at the American revolution, the anti-slavery movement, the women’s suffrage movement, the civil rights movement. All of these struck a moral chord with the American people. They all sought to overcome an injustice. And we, too, are seeking to right injustices that are holding our country back.” ~ Charles Koch

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

chitoryu12 posted:

The Trump vs. Koch thing had better end in legitimate violence between the two of them. Blood, dammit!

Oh it will, but via proxy. Once President Trump opens the fighting pits for the poors to gain honor in. It is known. :black101:

Joementum posted:

Quote of the night, “Look at the American revolution, the anti-slavery movement, the women’s suffrage movement, the civil rights movement. All of these struck a moral chord with the American people. They all sought to overcome an injustice. And we, too, are seeking to right injustices that are holding our country back.” ~ Charles Koch

I'm having a real difficult time supporting my view that it's wrong to wish death on other people right now. Please try to not be such tremendous loving assholes Koch brothers.

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Aug 2, 2015

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Defenestration posted:

Well, that too. But the problem is you can't convince Americans to act on anything unless they think it's someone reaching into their back pocket for their wallet
Bring up all the other horrible stuff that comes with the Olympics and boosters would say "but this is AMERICA. That won't happen HERE." I was at a community meeting where someone asked about what Boston 2024 would do to prevent human trafficking around the games. They got booed and Boston 2024 said "that's not our problem. Human trafficking happens in China, not in Boston."

I super doubt that it will be any different than last time. See: Rio's waterways a year out being described as "raw sewage." They'll sweep it all under the bed for the IOC inspectors. As long as their TV show goes off well, the IOC couldn't care less about civic goals and whether they're met.

Sorry, was too busy yesterday to respond. The IOC wouldn't give a poo poo if it was held in Best Korea as long as they got their cut. I meant China - they literally shut down large swaths of the country in the weeks leading up to the summer Olympics because they were so embarrassed about the levels of pollution. They've been taking a lot of flak over it from the business class that comes over there to buy their exports, and despite wanting to ignore their own people when a billion+ people get restless you can't repress it away. So I'm hoping they use this as an endpoint goal to make the country habitable without wearing protective gear outside again.

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

radical meme posted:

From last page but, this is a perfect line of attack for anyone, even Trump. I want to see him double down on this.
The fact that it's coming from Trump really hurts the message; to him, the solution isn't "get money out of politics," it's "only let billionaires run for office."

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
My parents told me that one thing people liked about Kennedy at the time was that his wealth would keep him from being beholden to others over money. I have no idea if it actually was that way though.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Joementum posted:

This son of a bitch needs to croak.

Mo_Steel posted:

Oh it will, but via proxy. Once President Trump opens the fighting pits for the poors to gain honor in. It is known. :black101:

I'm having a real difficult time supporting my view that it's wrong to wish death on other people right now. Please try to not be such tremendous loving assholes Koch brothers.

Don't worry I have enough hate for everyone here.

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

My parents told me that one thing people liked about Kennedy at the time was that his wealth would keep him from being beholden to others over money. I have no idea if it actually was that way though.
Instead, they thought he was beholden to the pope.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

T. Bombastus posted:

Instead, they thought he was beholden to the pope.

And in reality, he was beholden to the ground.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Tigntink posted:

It's pretty great, the Republicans don't even bother so usually some lefty third party candidate makes the top two primary cut and I get to feel good that I'd be happy no matter who wins.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
When in reality he was just beholden to non-stop loving.

E: ^^^^^ gently caress you buddy!!!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

When actually he was beholden to bullets.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
When actually he beholden his head.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Joementum posted:

I wonder if anyone raised the way these two have been wouldn't have an utterly warped world view? Although it'd be nice if they acted like other rich people and only cared slightly about politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Joementum posted:

Lots to laugh at in here, but on the issue of Civil Rights, wasn't their dad directly against that?

• Locked thread