Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Nothing good is coming out this month, is there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It is possible I made the thread wrong.

Cybershell
Jun 12, 2007

I hold all of you in the highest contempt
The best video game of all time, the game to end all games, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is coming out the instant this godforsaken month is over.

If I can just not kill myself for one more month... I can play the GOAT....

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I need money so I can buy all these gosh dang games!!!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
In some parts of the world it does come out on the 31nd

it's always yesterday somewhere

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
It is possible that you are posting in the wrong thread

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3734153

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
august games chat: for 40 days and 40 nights we wandered, gameless, through the internet

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Looking forward to GOTY Senran Kagura 2 coming out this month.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
This is an OutRage AN OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...............that Skylanders are now crossing over with Amiibo and have some form of cross functioning features between the two.

http://www.amazon.com/Skylanders-SuperChargers-Starter-Pack-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B00YI79BNI/ref=pd_sim_63_30?ie=UTF8&refRID=0PKNXHARCCZDKHRQ3DQK

Yes you gotta now drop big bucks to get a single Amiibo and a bunch of Skylanders who are not nintendo characters. How long until we see people selling their family members into slavery just to feed their plastic addiction?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Update for August, games still good.

Taint Reapers, i think you have the weirdest Amiibo fetish.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Nasgate posted:

Taint Reapers, i think you have the weirdest Amiibo fetish.

It's like watching the fall of Rome everytime a pre-order is announced. People went apeshit that Pro Members at gamestop were allowed in 1 hour early to purchase amiibos and it went so far as some people planning to sneak in with a fake gamestop pro member card.

it's like 15 dollars to sign up or some bullshit.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Junpei Hyde posted:

Looking forward to GOTY Senran Kagura 2 coming out this month.

i would like to know more

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

precision posted:

i would like to know more

it's actually September he's slightly off by a day or so

http://www.amazon.com/Senran-Kagura...s=senran+kagura

Cyberbird
Jul 18, 2015

I haven't played any of the MGS games, but with everyone hailing MGSV as The Game To End All Games I've set myself to the task of playing every MGS title I have the hardware to play before August is over.

I've played a couple of hours of MGS1 and it's already the best PS1 game I've ever played.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Why buy amiibos anyway, nendoroids are where its fuckin at

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Taint Reaper posted:

goddamn japan, WE TALKED ABOUT THIS

AT LEAST KEEP IT ON THE FUCKIN VITA

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

precision posted:

Relax dude the Vita is still getting that game where you have to go around taking panty shots of girls and then you must sort through them to see which ones are not wearing panties. And the ones who are not wearing panties are actually killer space aliens because you'll see a giant eye between their legs instead. You must then eliminate the target while avoiding police. Because if you don't the alien will shed it's human skin and transform into some headcrab monster.

It's from the same people who made that vampire slayer game where you have to strip the clothes off of women to reveal the ones who are disguised as vampire and doing this will expose them to sunlight which will kill them.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

vita means life

- the judge sentencing us for vita ownership.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Bought a new 3ds and am having such a terrible time with screwing that I feel bad that I'm thinking of asking Gamestop for help/

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

is hyrule warriors very reliant on 2 analog sticks or will i be able to skate by on my original 3ds when it comes out next year?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Real hurthling! posted:

vita means life

- the judge sentencing us for vita ownership.

what do I get for buying a PSTV

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

XboxPants posted:

a ds3

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

XboxPants posted:

pity.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Cyberbird posted:

I haven't played any of the MGS games, but with everyone hailing MGSV as The Game To End All Games I've set myself to the task of playing every MGS title I have the hardware to play before August is over.

I've played a couple of hours of MGS1 and it's already the best PS1 game I've ever played.

MGS1: That was cool!

MGS2: The gently caress was that!

MGS3: Fuuuuuuck yeahhhh!!!

MGS4: gently caress.

MGS5: gently caress Konami.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I like Twin Snakes idgaf what anyone says.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
Devil's Word

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgLxcJ8c2qI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uXpY_7lCU8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUW_oo93Z5Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJN7AW7gyig

precision posted:

Nothing good is coming out this month, is there?
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/s8kxu8/gt-release-calendar-games-of-august

You tell me...

...how about GALAK-Z?

al-azad posted:

I hope Galak-Z ends up being good I could use some faux anime shooter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EUq1jwl79Y

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Aug 3, 2015

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
A good month to be a PS4 owner.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

At the very least the EU release is apparently August 27th.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's like watching the fall of Rome everytime a pre-order is announced. People went apeshit that Pro Members at gamestop were allowed in 1 hour early to purchase amiibos and it went so far as some people planning to sneak in with a fake gamestop pro member card.

it's like 15 dollars to sign up or some bullshit.

Where are the crazy rear end videos of people trampling each other like the Walmart Black Friday vids?!

precision posted:

You cannot hope to contain life and hometown to one console. Embrace it and let it envelope you.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Cyberbird posted:

1 (or Twin Snakes) is great

2 is just hours upon hours of contempt for the audience - fun to watch happen back in 2001, not fun to play. Story gets real huge and dumb because now Kojima can render faces, so strap in for cutscene upon cutscene. For the next 15 years.

3 was good at the time and if you're interested in crawling around on PS2-era vegetation I guess go have fun. The story is less stupid and convoluted than 2 by like an inch but that's really just testament to how stupid and lovely 2 was.

4 isn't worth buying a PS3 for and is just so full of MGS's terrible lore that you're going to spend hours wondering when you can get back to its mediocre gameplay.

Revengeance is the only one other than 1 that is a no-asterisk Good Game. Mostly because it's the only one whose writers aren't pretending that their lovely fingerpaintings are loving Renaissance art.

Ground Zeroes is better than 4, and thanks to Kiefer Sutherland's busy loving schedule Snake actually spends most of the game in a state of having shut the gently caress up.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Do we have a release date on Galak-z for PC yet? All the dates only mention ps4 coming out tomorrow.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
oh taint reaper

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down

Don't listen to this, the DS3 is garbage. Get a DS4.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i want to go back and play valkyrie profile 2 again

that game is good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

fruitpunch posted:

Don't listen to this, the DS3 is garbage. Get a DS4.

yes but its what you get for buying a pstv. its bundled in

thats :thejoke:

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

precision posted:

what is it with people getting pissy about anime in their japanese games. the 3ds is an anime game console by an anime game company

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Aug 3, 2015

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Lmao "the widely regarded best mgs of all time is just slightly less lovely than mgs2"

Like jesus dude, did Kojima cuckold you?

Mgs3 is the best of the 4 main games, particularly with the improved gameplay from subsistance version and beyond. Great story and cinema, and the most fun you'll have with guards.

Mgs1 is classic and holds up well for a psx game. Twin snakes adds amazing cutscenes and makes ocelot a stupid easy fight.

Mgs2 is one of my favourites for how absurd the series can be and vastly improves the gameplay with lots of neat features added in. The tanker is my favourite "tutorial" in any game. Bonus points for introducing Vamp.

Mgs4 has super fun gameplay elements that you really only get to mess with in the first two acts. And god help you if you're going for a pacifist run. Long rear end cutscenes and you can really tell Kojima was unhappy working on Mgs again.

Peace walker is super fun but really meant to be be played in bursts. Notable for adding Fulton recovery.

Ground zeroes is loving gorgeous and insanely well optimized. People frequently play below spec levels. Also has amazing run videos. Such as a guy throwing one vip target at another who is driving a jeep and knocking him out. Or a dude taking out AA guns by ramming them with a truck.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Nasgate posted:

Lmao "the widely regarded best mgs of all time is just slightly less lovely than mgs2"

Like jesus dude, did Kojima cuckold you?

Mgs3 is the best of the 4 main games, particularly with the improved gameplay from subsistance version and beyond. Great story and cinema, and the most fun you'll have with guards.

Mgs1 is classic and holds up well for a psx game. Twin snakes adds amazing cutscenes and makes ocelot a stupid easy fight.

Mgs2 is one of my favourites for how absurd the series can be and vastly improves the gameplay with lots of neat features added in. The tanker is my favourite "tutorial" in any game. Bonus points for introducing Vamp.

Mgs4 has super fun gameplay elements that you really only get to mess with in the first two acts. And god help you if you're going for a pacifist run. Long rear end cutscenes and you can really tell Kojima was unhappy working on Mgs again.

Peace walker is super fun but really meant to be be played in bursts. Notable for adding Fulton recovery.

Ground zeroes is loving gorgeous and insanely well optimized. People frequently play below spec levels. Also has amazing run videos. Such as a guy throwing one vip target at another who is driving a jeep and knocking him out. Or a dude taking out AA guns by ramming them with a truck.

the only good metal gear game is rising actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

MGS3 loving owns. MGS2 is OK. MGS1 is really good for its time and is still pretty good now.

• Locked thread