Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

icantfindaname posted:

what is it with people getting pissy about anime in their japanese games. the 3ds is an anime game console by an anime game company

there's a difference between Good Anime (fire emblem, dragon quest, rune factory) and Bad Anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

precision posted:

there's a difference between Good Anime (fire emblem, dragon quest, rune factory) and Bad Anime

Good anime: anime I enjoy

Bad anime: everything else

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
:indeed:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

precision posted:

fire emblem

precision posted:

Good Anime

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

i'm a fan of noted anime games such as splatoon and dark souls

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

icantfindaname posted:

i'm a fan of noted anime games such as splatoon and dark souls
i quite enjoy anime games such as metal gear solid and ace combat

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

let's also not forget about anime games such as ridge racer and gran turismo

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

agreed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Initial dees nuts

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

i dont always like americanime games (shogo is pretty rough) but driver san francisco is one of the few i like

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

my fav anime trope character is the gruff wisecracker who's too cool for school but also the butt of every joke. he also eats a lot.
please recommend me games with this character in a prominent position.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

my fav anime trope character is the gruff wisecracker who's too cool for school but also the butt of every joke. he also eats a lot.

p4g

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

ys has dogi

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

got both those already but thanks

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Gotcha Force

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Junpei Hyde posted:

Good anime: anime I enjoy

Bad anime: everything else

Bad anime: harem anime cuz gently caress that gross poo poo

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Depends on your definition. If you define harem as a group of people who exist for the main character, you can argue that Dark Souls is a Harem anime.

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down

Real hurthling! posted:

yes but its what you get for buying a pstv. its bundled in

thats :thejoke:

Ah, mine didn't come with a controller, so even though the pstv only cost €40 it really cost me €120 by the time I got a controller and memory card.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
full bore is a good game

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

DolphinCop posted:

full bore is a good game
It's a great game

Microsoft's gamescom press conference is tomorrow morning but I dont feel like making a thread, someone else do it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

This past Saturday, the popular League of Legends-focused Twitch streamer Trick2g was putting on an elaborate 24-hour live event to commemorate the fact that he’d amassed 800,000 followers. He decided to end the stream with a bang: staging his own mock swatting. Come Monday morning, his account was banned.

cool guy

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Quest For Glory II posted:

He decided to end the stream with a bang: staging his own mock swatting.

What the gently caress does this even mean? Did he get friends to bust into his room dressed like cops or something?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Zombies' Downfall posted:

What the gently caress does this even mean? Did he get friends to bust into his room dressed like cops or something?

what else would it mean

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Zombies' Downfall posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAHN1g2MA_8&t=180s

thats what it looks like, from what i can see in the extremely tiny space in which there is actual video content

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Lol at him pretending to take a swing at a fake cop

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Broseph Brostar posted:

Lol at him pretending

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
but lol even harder @ kids who actually call the cops on people over bideo james

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

precision posted:

but lol even harder @ kids who actually call the cops on people over bideo james

It is a solemn lol.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I really want to try this Galak-Z game, is it going to be on Steam or is it some other service/not on PC yet, the site is unclear

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Ciaphas posted:

I really want to try this Galak-Z game, is it going to be on Steam or is it some other service/not on PC yet, the site is unclear

It will be on PC, but the release date is TBA, stating a few months after the PS4 version.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

theultimo posted:

It will be on PC, but the release date is TBA, stating a few months after the PS4 version.

Boooo urns, it looks like a shitload of fun but the PS4 is not home :(

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Stux posted:

what else would it mean
http://www.amazon.com/GETTING-SWATTED-David-Jewell-ebook/dp/B000WQ6DJE :nws:

"Officer Tom Sinclair is promoted to the SWAT team on his police department. During his initiation, he discovers that there is more to being on the SWAT team than meets the eye. He introduced to the secret meeting place of the SWAT team..."

Ciaphas posted:

Boooo urns, it looks like a shitload of fun but the PS4 is not home :(
How about you give them credit that they're taking extra time to test the PC version rather than becoming the indie version of Arkham Knight?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Hey if that's what it takes that's fine, I'm just an impatient bastard

Though since that post I got my buddy who is borrowing the PS4 to turn on remote play and after some fuckery with the PS TV, I got connected to it

I'm playing Bloodborne across the internet in my other monitor at full FPS, full resolution and near as makes no difference zero lag

What loving black wizardry is this

(edit) Though this means I can just buy Galak-Z now :woop:

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

There should be more info about Mafia 3 in an hour. Can't wait!

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Mafia seems to be taking a reverse Godfather approach so maybe the third will be a good game.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Okay Crackdown 3 looks pretty good.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I also realized the date for more Mafia info was 5.8.2014, not today -,-

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Golden Goat posted:

Okay Crackdown 3 looks pretty good.

They need to release the original Crackdown on the PC.

That was one of the few games that actually made me feel a sinking feeling in my stomach when jumping off somewhere high.

Plus it was pretty chill just jumping everywhere and kicking cars into orbit whenever you felt like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Ddraig posted:

They need to release the original Crackdown on the PC.

That was one of the few games that actually made me feel a sinking feeling in my stomach when jumping off somewhere high.

Plus it was pretty chill just jumping everywhere and kicking cars into orbit whenever you felt like it.
That'd be great with mod support too. Fat chance we get even the third game on PC.

The Dark Souls 3 gameplay looked really good.

I'm kinda surprised at the amount of stuff they're showing at GamesCom that is at least not rehashed E3 stuff.

• Locked thread