Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

The trade deadline has come and gone but wavier wire trades are still in play.

Also you should watch this because it owns: http://m.mlb.com/news/article/140172256/wilmer-flores-hits-dramatic-walk-off-home-run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Blue Jays DFA Danny Valencia.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
First Norris now Valencia. All the handsomest Jays are leaving. :(

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

What happened to Justin Turner

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Last I heard he had a leg infection that put him in the hospital.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Man the Valencia news sucked. I know they have enough guys who crush lefties that they dont need a platoon guy, but still. Loved that dude, and he had some huge hits for the Jays.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I just couldn't tell if he wasn't in the dodgers lineup for a dumb reason or a DL thing

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

its cool because for the first time in like 20 years at this point in the season I don't have a major investment in a team so I can just sit back and watch everything unfold.

except for the AL central. really not paying attention to that whole thing at all. it's whatever.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I'm pretty surprised they dfa'd Valencia actually.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Aug 1, 2015

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

It doesn't make a lot of sense to DFA Danny in order to keep an 8 man pen and call Muni up, but I guess they really care about this having too many RHB thing.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Why didn't they trade Valencia yesterday if they were gonna DFA him. They knew Travis was going to the DL.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Mets could use him. Fire Campbell into the sun.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Or DFA Colabello. He cant play any defensive position well and at least Valencia can play 3rd and 1st passably and can at least stand at 2nd and not be a total embarrassment.

Edit: actually I'm pretty sure that Colabello has an option so this move makes 0 sense to me unless the Jays need to clear the 500k or whatever is left on Valencias deal in which case lmao.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Aug 1, 2015

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
In this month of August I hope the Cubs play really well. Happy back 9 of baseball everybody!

Also I hope I have more time to actually sit down and watch games, July was insane.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Guys, I have it on pretty good authority that the Mets are NOT getting Cespedes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhD6zh0ZT1w

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
the month's thread title brought to you by A.J. Preller

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm so glad that the Marlins may finally end up as worst NL record thanks to the Phillies going on a tear. God drat it.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Who is Loria going to end up selling this winter

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Pastrymancy posted:

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Pastrymancy posted:

Who makes over the league minimum?

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Pastrymancy posted:

The Marlins to Montreal. Circle of Life.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Pastrymancy posted:

Wouldn't shock me if they traded Ozuna.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
I am pretty sure A.J. Burnett's career is over. He's on the DL with elbow "inflammation", the Pirates made a panic trade for J.A. Happ of all people to replace him in the rotation. RIP A.J. it's been fun.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

CJ Wilson to get elbow surgery, save Angels from his inevitable second half meltdown

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He's cool and awesome.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

pat is definitely one of the cooler dudes to play the game

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Jesus Christ Matt Moore has been awful since coming back from TJ. Is he gonna find his stuff?

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

is that former wwf wrasler sunny in the background lmao

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I hope Danny Valencia makes it to the Rangers but he is such a perfect fit that I know it won't happen

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Scob posted:

is that former wwf wrasler sunny in the background lmao

It doesn't really look like her so probably not.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

If you search Valencia's name on twitter it's just fans of every team saying what a great pickup he would be.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I mean I'll be shocked if he made it past the A's. I just want to dream of never seeing Adam Rosales play 1B against LHP again

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
N: White Sox sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league contract

V: :shepicide:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

davecrazy posted:

Last I heard he had a leg infection that put him in the hospital.

I thought I read somewhere the infection was brought on by a bad zit, which is the most ginger injury i can imagine

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DannoMack posted:

If you search Valencia's name on twitter it's just fans of every team saying what a great pickup he would be.

Everyone wants a slice of the Valencia! It's a real squeeze to see who'll get him!

I'm the most original person in the world!

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Wade Davis just gave up his first home run since Sept 2013. Probably a malfunction in his programming or something.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

CJ Wilson to get elbow surgery, save Angels from his inevitable second half meltdown

RIP CJ Wilson Mazda of zoom zoom nation

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Gorman Thomas posted:

RIP CJ Wilson Mazda of zoom zoom nation

those radio commercials are so unbelievably bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

MourningView posted:

those radio commercials are so unbelievably bad

Why does a guy from California, who plays for a California baseball team, have so many car dealerships in Illinois?

• Locked thread