Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
J.J. Watt is quickly becoming the Kanye West of the NFL wherein the product he creates professionally is incredible but everything else he does is obnoxious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
That's a pretty bad analogy. ily.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
It's actually a pretty sweet analogy because much like Kanye you have to separate all the weirdness from J.J. to truly appreciate his art.

(and also if people say they don't like them because of things they say you can discount their opinion)

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Aug 18, 2015

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Spoeank posted:

It's actually a pretty sweet analogy because much like Kanye you have to separate all the weirdness from J.J. to truly appreciate his art.

Kanye is a waaaaaaaaaaay over the top obnoxious dickbag, though. Watt seems to be hated for being really good and being pushed as a face of the NFL. Who gives a poo poo, it's better than Clay Matthews.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
If JJ Watt was on the Lions, I wouldn't give a poo poo if he spent his spare time building antique ships inside of bottles, or playing hopscotch with sickly orphans, or even going to country music concerts whilst hosed up on PCP.

If that son of a bitch helped the Lions win football games, i'd be okay.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
at least clay matthews has interesting hair

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

warcrimes posted:

Kanye is a waaaaaaaaaaay over the top obnoxious dickbag, though. Watt seems to be hated for being really good and being pushed as a face of the NFL. Who gives a poo poo, it's better than Clay Matthews.

Oh you're of the wrong opinion on Kanye. My bad.

Anyway, Hard Knocks. I'm excited to see how the Texans reacted to the like ten play goal line stand.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

warcrimes posted:

Kanye is supremely talented just like JJ

I'd compare JJ to Cena but Cena has won a bunch of championships :v:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

texaholic posted:

A little more googling it looks the first episode was free for everyone, subscriber or not for ~24 hours.

I literally just finished watching it on HBO Go on my Amazon fire TV so it IS available. Guess we'll see if episode 2 shows up.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Intruder posted:

Kanye is supremely talented just like JJ

I wasn't debating his talent.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Gonz posted:

If JJ Watt was on the Lions, I wouldn't give a poo poo if he spent his spare time building antique ships inside of bottles, or playing hopscotch with sickly orphans, or even going to country music concerts whilst hosed up on PCP.

If that son of a bitch helped the Lions win football games, i'd be okay.

I'm okay with Watt mostly because his incredible on field performance constitutes a Sisyphean effort to overcome the putrid offense the Texans have had lately and being only somewhat successful.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

lol, who the gently caress is this goofy looking jamoke?

"Alright, now give me your loving game face!"

"Like this? I'm all business on gameday."

"Uh no, not... *looks at line of players to photograph* yeah, whatever, hold it" *flash*

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Aug 18, 2015

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Lotta irrational Watt haters itt.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Just watched that video.

Oh look, Brian Cushing is a giant tool.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
People hate the "oh taking selfies? Not getting better at football that way!" smugness while he goes off and does all sorts of other non-football things. JJ Watt is the closest thing we have now to that old school you are scared of your teams health when you play him and I love him for that.

This season started out so much better than last. Nothing could be as terrible as the Falcons season. BOB is entertaining to watch. You get sort of hints at how Belichick runs the patriots from how BOB does things; I'd guess that knowing everyone affiliated with the team names is a Belichick thing.

I also thought it was funny Hard Knocks had a couple of Patriots clips in there, you know they would give anything for the Pats to be a Hard Knocks team while Belichick and Brady are still around. They'll take any chance they can to shoehorn some footage of them in.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
It says something about your coach that a production reality TV film crew can't make your camp seem interesting.

Peace out, Mike Smith.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Are people still upset about Watt poking fun at a divisional rival's QB?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

bhsman posted:

Are people still disappointed that it turns out Watt is a loving goob?

yup

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
who the gently caress considers the titans a bitter rival

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Titans fans

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I'm just mad J.J. Watt has come out in support of child brides

(that's a joke)

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

bhsman posted:

Are people still upset about Watt poking fun at a divisional rival's QB?

It's more his general hypocrisy and lying than anything.

And it's less upset and more "what a tool".

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Athanatos posted:

People hate the "oh taking selfies? Not getting better at football that way!" smugness while he goes off and does all sorts of other non-football things. JJ Watt is the closest thing we have now to that old school you are scared of your teams health when you play him and I love him for that.

This season started out so much better than last. Nothing could be as terrible as the Falcons season. BOB is entertaining to watch. You get sort of hints at how Belichick runs the patriots from how BOB does things; I'd guess that knowing everyone affiliated with the team names is a Belichick thing.

I also thought it was funny Hard Knocks had a couple of Patriots clips in there, you know they would give anything for the Pats to be a Hard Knocks team while Belichick and Brady are still around. They'll take any chance they can to shoehorn some footage of them in.

I thought it was kinda harsh telling his whole staff that the team is a joke around the league. I mean, that just seems demoralizing and a little demeaning. Especially when some of those people have been there for years.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Raku posted:

who the gently caress considers the titans a bitter rival

Houston for obvious reasons. If the Adams family were willing to give up the name and colors I would still want to change the Texans back to the Oilers, in a drat heartbeat, although at this point I doubt Bob McNair would do it even if he could.

Athanatos posted:

WHO ARE YOU TO NOT KNOW STEVIE BROWN AND AKEEM DENT ON SIGHT

e: Any former Oilers and now Texans fan who tries to tell you they don't care is a god drat liar

Plus the Oilers had a way better name, color scheme and logo

Intruder fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Aug 18, 2015

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

It says something about your coach that a production reality TV film crew can't make your camp seem interesting.

Peace out, Mike Smith.

Srsly.

Why couldn't Quinn have been there last year? :(

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

You're a Falcons fan. :colbert: That's an entire team of goobers.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I am baffled that anyone really thought Watt would honestly be any way other than what we saw on last week's episode. That was pretty much exactly what I expected JJ Watt to be.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

bhsman posted:

You're a Falcons fan. :colbert: That's an entire team of goobers.

Just because the face of the team is a goober doesn't mean the team is entirely goobers. I could make the same generalization of the Texans.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

I'm just mad J.J. Watt has come out in support of child brides

(that's a joke)

So you're not mad? Perv.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

AAA DOLFAN posted:

It's more his general hypocrisy and lying than anything.

And it's less upset and more "what a tool".

lol

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

How did I miss that?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

bhsman posted:

How did I miss that?

How did you not get that from my ninja edit of your original question?

edit: to clarify, we're all disappointed that he is a goober, because we had hoped he would be a rad dude.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Aug 18, 2015

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Intruder posted:

Houston for obvious reasons. If the Adams family were willing to give up the name and colors I would still want to change the Texans back to the Oilers, in a drat heartbeat, although at this point I doubt Bob McNair would do it even if he could.

WHO ARE YOU TO NOT KNOW STEVIE BROWN AND AKEEM DENT ON SIGHT

e: Any former Oilers and now Texans fan who tries to tell you they don't care is a god drat liar

Plus the Oilers had a way better name, color scheme and logo

:hf:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Chilichimp posted:

edit: to clarify, we're all disappointed that he is a goober, because we had hoped he would be a rad dude.

Pretty much this.

You need to focus on your post quality a bit more, perhaps a trip to a deserted Cabin with no frills will set you right.

Edit lol I just realized you're on quite the jj watt crusade this thread.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Aug 18, 2015

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Chilichimp posted:

I guess your answer to my original question is 'Yes,' then.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

You need to focus on your post quality a bit more, perhaps a trip to a deserted Cabin with no frills will set you right.

I mean, I understand Swearinger is gone so you need another Texans to irrationally dislike.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Well rightly so, JJ is cool and good unlike the dickbag dirty player who isn't as good yet your team just paid more money for :colbert:

THUNDERDOME

e: I still can't decide if I think he's awesome but his personality sucks or if his personality sucking is what drove him to be awesome :shrug: Or maybe he's a good dude and he's just intense when it comes to football or he just likes putting on a show for the cameras or I don't know man

Intruder fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Aug 18, 2015

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

bhsman posted:

I mean, I understand Swearinger is gone so you need another Texans to irrationally dislike.

I'm the Swearinger hater in this subforum, and hating him is not irrational :colbert:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

AAA DOLFAN posted:

it really is some grade-A dickriding, maybe he knows him personally or something

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm still chuckling over Cushing talking poo poo when he finally beat Blue in a 1 on 1 drill after being successfully blocked the first two times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

bhsman posted:

Watts just a toolbag but an overall amazing player with a good heart, at least. Swearinger was just a cheap shotting shithead. Not even CLOSE.

• Locked thread