Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ronda's actually really bad at some things.

Losing is one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Also she tweeted about sandy hook being a conspiracy

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Bundt Cake posted:

Im ok with her being a little paranoid crazy.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Bundt Cake posted:

Video she made saying racist things about black people.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Biodome posted:

Video she made saying racist things about black people.

Nope.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Bundt Cake posted:

incoherent rambling v english learner

I'm sure Khabib has an accent but that's no reason to say he's incoherent.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
well Ronda decided to get into sports and become really good at it and become rich and famous, so that right there basically is proof that she is a loving gay retard when she couldve just become a computer programmer.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Vitamin Boss posted:

Dana is saying Big Nog is retiring and probably getting a Chuck Liddell/Matt Hughes type employee position with the UFC.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/8/2/9086497/ufcs-dana-white-announces-antonio-rodrigo-minotauro-nogueiras

I support this.

this is the greatest day in the history of the sport

Thrawn
Sep 10, 2004

double negative posted:

Ronda once did a weight cut that would have most other fighters either dying or sobbing deliriously and she did it just to prove a point on the Ultimate Fighter

not to mention stomping Tate in the Coaches Challenge right in the middle of it

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Sweet.

Also, I like that Dana's now officially referring it to as the "Liddell/Griffin/Hughes kinda jobs." Wonder how many old fighters they can ultimately keep on the payroll to do silly promotional stuff.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 2, 2015

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

Vitamin Boss posted:

Dana is saying Big Nog is retiring and probably getting a Chuck Liddell/Matt Hughes type employee position with the UFC.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/8/2/9086497/ufcs-dana-white-announces-antonio-rodrigo-minotauro-nogueiras

I support this.

good

good

red19fire
May 26, 2010

CarlCX posted:

a diaz brother once attacked a man in the hospital for the crime of getting treated in the same place as him, there isn't a great deal of beef necessary to start poo poo when you are A Diaz

The word is that both Brothers Diaz are banned from WSOF events, but Khabib is not. Khabib's manager is the guy in charge at WSOF :tinfoil:

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

red19fire posted:

The word is that both Brothers Diaz are banned from WSOF events, but Khabib is not. Khabib's manager is the guy in charge at WSOF :tinfoil:

Ali Abdel-Aziz is a gigantic shitheel this is nothing new

outy
Aug 27, 2004

I demand some sort of royalty payment.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Dave Meltzer posted:

Japanese didn't gamble on Pride, was considered an extension of pro wrestling there.

Dave Meltzer posted:

I remember when Nog was named Pride champ and he was compared with the IWGP champ & GHC champ.

lol

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

outy posted:

whats that from?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

manyak posted:

well Ronda decided to get into sports and become really good at it and become rich and famous, so that right there basically is proof that she is a loving gay retard when she couldve just become a computer programmer.

lol

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Jst0rm posted:

whats that from?

Canadian Sportscentre last week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B0NPuKYWBY

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Bean Fried posted:

UFC 191 – PPV
September 5 - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Main Card: 10PM ET/7PM PT | Prelims: 8PM ET/5PM PT | Early Prelims: 7PM ET/4PM PT
Quick Summary: Man, this would be a pretty rad Fox card. Unfortunately, so far this card
is a pretty good argument for why the UFC needs fewer PPVs.

Vs

Vs

Card in Progress
Flyweight Championship: Demetrious "Mighty Mouse" Johnson (C) (22-2-1) vs. John Dodson (#1) (17-6)
Heavyweight: Andrei Arlovski (#4) (24-10) vs. Frank Mir (#10) (18-9)
Light Heavyweight: Anthony Johnson (#1) (19-5) vs. Jimi Manuwa (#7) (18-4)
Flyweight: Joseph Benavidez (#2) (22-4) vs. Henry Cejudo (#5) (9-0)
Bantamweight: Francisco Rivera (#12) (11-4) vs. John Lineker (#7 FLW) (25-7)
Strawweight: Paige VanZant (#8) (5-1) vs. Alex Chambers (5-2)
Lightweight: Nazareno Malegarie (23-3) vs. Joaquim Silva (7-0)

Apparently you can add Jan "BJ" Blachowicz vs Corey "Worst nickname in MMA" Anderson to the main card.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Bean Fried posted:

Strawweight: Paige VanZant (#8) (5-1) vs. Alex Chambers (5-2)

Astro Girl, no. :(

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

outy posted:

problem 2-99 is edmond?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

freud mayweather posted:

Resting Betheface

Lmao

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Caught a replay of the Rousey/Correa fight. Was not disappointed in the least.

See Bethe, see what happens when you open your stupid loving mouth and make things personal? :allears:

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Ozz81 posted:

Caught a replay of the Rousey/Correa fight. Was not disappointed in the least.

See Bethe, see what happens when you open your stupid loving mouth and make things personal? :allears:

Do you think a calm and respectful deference to the champ in the buildup would have got her off lighter?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

remusclaw posted:

Do you think a calm and respectful deference to the champ in the buildup would have got her off lighter?

No, but even talking about someone's late father, especially when she knew Ronda's background, was stupid as hell and probably contributed to her quick loss :lol:

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

remusclaw posted:

No, but she would have looked like less of an rear end in a top hat afterwards.

"She's good, but I'm better" is a reasonable line of trashtalk and probably even necessary to make you believe you can actually beat the champ. "She's terrible and has been built up by the media" just means that after you get demolished you look like utter garbage.

Doctor Nick
Dec 27, 2003

fatherdog posted:

[url=https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/627961445334978560]

[url=https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/627961579053539328]

lol

pure japanese bushido spirit!

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...

Skip My Posts posted:

you're blind

Didn't see them in the first video. The other ones, yep. 209 motherfucker 209.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

fatherdog posted:

No, but she would have looked like less of an rear end in a top hat afterwards.

"She's good, but I'm better" is a reasonable line of trashtalk and probably even necessary to make you believe you can actually beat the champ. "She's terrible and has been built up by the media" just means that after you get demolished you look like utter garbage.

Exactly. There's building a fight and then there's making it personal with unnecessary disrespectful attacks on family or saying you hope your opponent doesn't kill themselves after, knowing full well what had happened to them in the past. Bethe got exactly what she deserved and christ was it sweet to see happen.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

You know, I don't disagree at all, but she was gonna get killed regardless. Maybe the personal poo poo made a few people who weren't going to bother with the show tune in to to see the beating, maybe it didn't. Ronda is so high above everyone I wouldn't know what they would need to do to get an edge on her.

Roman Herbom
Aug 2, 2006
The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4VSCIKkxss
Ronda did mention there that she was going deliberately for the ko, and that she could have finished the fight earlier if she wanted to, so I guess all the thrash talk did ended up biting bethe in her rear end.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

I think I mentioned it before, but when people heard Ronda say she was going to teach Bethe a lesson, everyone assumed 'broken arm with the swiftness'. No one thought faceplant knockout, which is what made it so ridiculous when it happened. I mean, to literally wade into your opponent's strength and destroy her, good f'ing christ.

Maybe if Bethe hadn't been such a bitch, Rousey would have immediately hit the takedown, grabbed an arm and won in 20 seconds like normal. Instead she did THAT.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Roman Herbom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4VSCIKkxss
Ronda did mention there that she was going deliberately for the ko, and that she could have finished the fight earlier if she wanted to, so I guess all the thrash talk did ended up biting bethe in her rear end.

I am happy to learn that Ronda bet her mom and sister a hamster dance if she won in less than a minute.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

eh, I dunno. Ronda might just be saying that to rub salt in the wound, I don't really feel that it had much bearing on the outcome. Bethe isn't the first person she's KO'd. I think the trash talk leading up to getting completely chumped did make Bethe come off pretty badly and might be bad for her career longterm, like she might not get much benefit of the doubt from the fans and the UFC if she loses her next fight decisively as well. Whereas Zingano, Davis and McMann still have a little goodwill going for them.

Anyways speaking of bad fighters,

lol. What are they now, 1-7 aside from Ronda since TUF 18?

colonel_korn fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Aug 3, 2015

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
It'd be cool if they did that rematch and Bethe just beat her rear end again. Except for the fight itself, it would probably be bad and not cool.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

colonel_korn posted:

eh, I dunno. Ronda might just be saying that to rub salt in the wound, I don't really feel that it had much bearing on the outcome.

This is maybe the only time I've ever believed a fighter who said this sort of thing, and it's solely because Rousey could almost undoubtedly have pretzeled her on the ground at will, yet when she tripped Correia and she sort of clumsily rolled around on the canvas Rousey didn't even begin to try to go to the ground with her. She just waited until Correia was on her feet and went back to hitting her.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
So, apparently Rousey hit Correia so hard she had poo poo herself? Confirm / Deny?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Blacktoll posted:

So, apparently Rousey hit Correia so hard she had poo poo herself? Confirm / Deny?

C. I saw a pic on twitter earlier. A brown stain on a white field.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
I think it was a photoshop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Lloyd Boner posted:

I think it was a photoshop

I think so, but I also think it's a great statement on the Reebok uniforms.

• Locked thread