Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

hemophilia posted:

You guys aren't too smart to breed, it's just that nobody would gently caress you much less with the intent of having children. Try to learn to grow up and not take your faults out on others :)

well it's not that I don't breed, it's that I'm not too poor or too selfish or too lazy to get a good babysitter

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

stay safe shia laghost

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

hemophilia posted:

You guys aren't too smart to breed, it's just that nobody would gently caress you much less with the intent of having children. Try to learn to grow up and not take your faults out on others :)

nah I just enjoy having more disposable income and free time

my sister's kids are cool but after an hour or two I'm over it. much better to just be an uncle because I can leave and go home.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
If you want to bring your child with you when you go out to eat, choose some place like a diner, something like an IHOP, somewhere with a child's menu.

If I'm going somewhere more upscale with like a menu prix fixe or somewhere that's like $30+ / head, you're goddamn right I don't want any loving children in there. You're paying for both the quality of the meal and the atmosphere and screaming little shitmonsters will completely ruin that.

It's not a matter of hating children, it's just a matter of where is and isn't appropriate to bring them, and finer dining places are not them.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

lmao if anyone in this thread could afford to eat at a place nice enough where children shouldn't be allowed

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

nah I just enjoy having more disposable income and free time

my sister's kids are cool but after an hour or two I'm over it. much better to just be an uncle because I can leave and go home.

yup uncle/druncle is the way to go

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

raditts posted:

lmao if anyone in this thread could afford to eat at a place nice enough where children shouldn't be allowed

At fancy restaurants they let you eat before demanding any money. The foods already been eaten. Jokes on them!

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I get the no kids in restaurants and movie thing;but if you have an issue with people traveling with their kids you're a stone cold idiot. I've been on well over 300 flights and i've never seen someone complain about a baby that didn't come off as a complete loser. Mocking those idiots is one of the only times i actually talk and bond with the people next to me.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

stay safe shaira law ghost

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Hobohemian posted:

I get the no kids in restaurants and movie thing;but if you have an issue with people traveling with their kids you're a stone cold idiot. I've been on well over 300 flights and i've never seen someone complain about a baby that didn't come off as a complete loser. Mocking those idiots is one of the only times i actually talk and bond with the people next to me.

complaining about it out loud does make you an idiot but being stuck somewhere with a screaming proto-retard still isnt an enjoyable experience

e: i know its not the kids fault, but lovely parents make lovely kids, and i guess im talking more about sit down restaurants than planes

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

but why

it's not like a 7 yr old is going to remember it or gain anything from it

he's not a toddler, seven year olds do form memories and gain things from stuff. he'll be eight then.

also i dont want to leave him across an ocean

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
my wife is about to have a kid and i'm going to bring it to restaurants, im not oblivious to crying i just dont care and thinks its kind of funny to see your lemon sucking faces and passive aggressiveness :)

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Do it ironically posted:

my wife is about to have a kid and i'm going to bring it to restaurants, im not oblivious to crying i just dont care and thinks its kind of funny to see your lemon sucking faces and passive aggressiveness :)

You'll reach a point where you find you're not enjoying the experience yourself because one of you has to keep stopping and starting conversations and eating to attend to the child. Parents who don't take their kids to adult focused venues make that choice more for their own benefit than out of consideration for other guests. If you're going to blow a couple of hundred bucks on going somewhere nice for dinner, you don't want to feel like you you were too busy parenting to enjoy it.

Babies are usually fine. It's once they get to the age where you can't really keep them strapped in a stroller for a couple of hours that it becomes an issue. They're too young for passive amusement like an iPad and their tolerance for sitting still is pretty low (as is their ability to wait for the food).

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

RaceBannon posted:

he's not a toddler, seven year olds do form memories and gain things from stuff. he'll be eight then.

also if youve done your job as a parent correctly up to this point, and also plan ahead, a 7 year old is totally fine

if youre a fuckup parent and you didnt plan ahead, your 7 year old is a worse terror than the screaming baby because at least the baby isnt saying gently caress every 2nd word

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Do it ironically posted:

lol you're probably going to mollest your kid

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Do it ironically posted:

I will pour hot coffee on your child and stare you down. I WILL BECOME THE MONSTER THAT LURKS UNDER THEIR BEDS AND IN THEIR CLOSETS! You may have ruined my meal, but I have now ruined your child. Even Steven. MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*twirls cape and disappears in a puff of black smoke

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

I will pour hot coffee on your child and stare you down. I WILL BECOME THE MONSTER THAT LURKS UNDER THEIR BEDS AND IN THEIR CLOSETS! You may have ruined my meal, but I have now ruined your child. Even Steven. MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*does it ironically

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Do it ironically posted:

Isn't that passive aggressive in and of itself?

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Do it ironically posted:

yeah next time i see a dad with a bawling kid in public and we make eye contact i'll definately be thinking "man that dude must be so stoked how hard he's owning everyone right now" and then the cool dad will go home and have a peaceful evening in which he probably doesnt drink to excess and strike his wife.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Hobohemian posted:

You've obviously never had someone decide to change their toddler's poopy diaper on the tray table behind you in flight. Some people are really goddamn stupid.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RaceBannon posted:

yeah alright fair enough

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

BigBoss posted:

You've obviously never had someone decide to change their toddler's poopy diaper on the tray table behind you in flight. Some people are really goddamn stupid.

You're right. Never seen that level of inconsiderate behaviour.Mostly old men trying to shush a baby crying when it's ear pressure builds up as if it understands and can react to it.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Do it ironically posted:

When the waiter comes over and asks you to leave, will you suffer the indignity in silence and just go or will you throw a tantrum even louder than your infant's?

Because the second option would definitely be a great way to own everyone else even harder.

Also when your kid is able to talk and ask for things, be sure to never respond definitively until they start crying and screaming, then give in and do whatever they want. Train that kid into an attitude of constant whining and a hair-trigger meltdown response. This is a great way to troll the world no matter where you are, be it the grocery store, a sports game, or just your local park. You can look forward to a decade or more of sour looks!

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Klyith posted:

When the waiter comes over and asks you to leave, will you suffer the indignity in silence and just go or will you throw a tantrum even louder than your infant's?

this is a person who brought their toddler into a sit down restaurant

e: 'person'

Klyith posted:

Also when your kid is able to talk and ask for things, be sure to never respond definitively until they start crying and screaming, then give in and do whatever they want. Train that kid into an attitude of constant whining and a hair-trigger meltdown response. This is a great way to troll the world no matter where you are, be it the grocery store, a sports game, or just your local park. You can look forward to a decade or more of sour looks!

this is where i have to draw the line, why do you hate job creators???

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Aug 6, 2015

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH
I'm down with no kids under 4 if you're at a nice place. My kids were awful at restaurants until they hit about 4 or 5. After that, they were cool. They're 7 and 8 now and never cause trouble at restaurants or movies.

However, I must say that I haven't been bothered by kids in restaurants for years. I'm guessing that being a parent makes you numb to the constant whining.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I honestly would be fine if a woman actually gave birth to a squalling screaming slimy baby on a table next to me and the mucous-like membrane it is covered in flies off of it and into my water because I realize its not the 50s anymore and men don't have to wear a suit all the time and women don't have to wear dresses and societal standards have evolved.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Jose Mengelez posted:

yeah next time i see a dad with a bawling kid in public and we make eye contact i'll definately be thinking "man that dude must be so stoked how hard he's owning everyone right now" and then the cool dad will go home and have a peaceful evening in which he probably doesnt drink to excess and strike his wife.

dont be mad at me that i found someone to spend the rest of my life with and have sex with just because you cant :)

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

oldpainless posted:

I honestly would be fine if a woman actually gave birth to a squalling screaming slimy baby on a table next to me and the mucous-like membrane it is covered in flies off of it and into my water because I realize its not the 50s anymore and men don't have to wear a suit all the time and women don't have to wear dresses and societal standards have evolved.

sounds like ur an old soul with modern sensibilities

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

mostlygray posted:

I'm down with no kids under 4 if you're at a nice place. My kids were awful at restaurants until they hit about 4 or 5. After that, they were cool. They're 7 and 8 now and never cause trouble at restaurants or movies.

Is this "they're cool/never cause trouble" by your standards or by the standards of a person not accustomed to children screaming and running around from the time they wake up until they go to bed?

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I knew a mom who used to let her kid lick the ketchup bottles and would just put them back at the end of the meal.
Her reasoning was 'I've tried to teach him it's bad, but he still does it' so she just gave up.

a good parent who tried hard to teach the kids nowadays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Do it ironically posted:

dont be mad at me that i found someone to spend the rest of my life with and have sex with just because you cant :)

i might be childless and godless but im not sexless, unlike your marriage, the second your greatest disappointment hulksmashes his way out of your wifes cooter with his pereniall retard strength. lmao.

• Locked thread