Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
like an older one?

heres the prob. guys. since I was 16 or so ive liked performancey cars. i loved most everything about them. i love grabbing the road. i love how it feels like its just an extension of your body. i could go on, but lets just say if you looked at the cars ive had you wouldnt pin me for a wrangler dude - cobalt ss/tc, mustang gt, subaru sti, gto, genesis 3.8 r type, to name the stand outs, and all with a few thousand in modifications that I did - and like to do - on my own.

i really prefer vehicles that can do something, have a specialty that I use. a regular plain jane car just feels like a box I sit in that moves me from one place to another place fairly ungracefully and without any ... life? but I get it. thats what a car really needs to be, but I just dont prefer it if I can.

so what is a wrangler then? its like an outdoor box you sit in thats uncomfortable and slow and handles like ... a box on wheels, its expensive, and frankly the whole jeep camaraderie seems like it'd be more of a chore than something enjoyable. and while i enjoy having the top down, im not all that fond of way too much attention, or at least being associated with a group of people that is generally stereotyped as somewhat annoying (this goes for both the jeep crowd and car crowd admittidly)

but, ive been ina few and driven a few albeit many years ago and ive really enjoyed it. i liked the fact i felt like i was barely inside a vehicle. yeah its slow, but speed is no longer holding the same spark it used to. and ive always wanted a vehicle i cared about, but didnt really care as much about the paint, a little abuse, etc.

from a practical point of view - i hardly drive anywhere anymore. my commute is 4 whole miles and none of that is highway. I feel like my genesis is just wasting away. despite having quite a payment left on it, it hasn't depreciated much and I wouldn't be shooting myself selling it off. the jeeps im looking at are about half the price of my car (early 2000's, late 90's, no real regard for mileage). insurance is literally 1/4 the cost. gas mileage will be comparable.

I just dont know what to do!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

get two

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
get a miata, op. its the only car gayer than the jeep

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
get a clue, OP

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Just get a Toyota.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Wrangle ur cock instead

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
If you do get a Jeep Wrangler be sure to take the doors off so you can save time getting in and getting out of it

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
get a Fiero

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

im gay

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
If you do, be sure and tell people they wouldn't understand. It's a jeep thing.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Amarcarts posted:

Just get a Toyota.

Straight up, get a land cruiser.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I drive a 2006 nissan altima

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
sit on the gear stick and use the prodigious strength of your rectal muscles to manipulate the stick u uggo

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
this is seriously a very difficult decision for me lol

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Maybe take one for a test drive then stick your weiner in its exhaust and burn it off

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress yo face op

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
If it's the car you want and you can afford it, go for it

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

That would be a strange way to come out to your family, OP.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
If you get a Jeep be prepared to have every other Jeep owner on the loving planet wave at you when you drive by.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Vastarien posted:

If you get a Jeep be prepared to have every other Jeep owner on the loving planet wave at you when you drive by.

i know, this was one of my "cons"

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
get an old land cruiser then

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jeeps also have dismal reliability.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

like an older one?

heres the prob. guys. since I was 16 or so ive liked performancey cars. i loved most everything about them. i love grabbing the road. i love how it feels like its just an extension of your body. i could go on, but lets just say if you looked at the cars ive had you wouldnt pin me for a wrangler dude - cobalt ss/tc, mustang gt, subaru sti, gto, genesis 3.8 r type, to name the stand outs, and all with a few thousand in modifications that I did - and like to do - on my own.

i really prefer vehicles that can do something, have a specialty that I use. a regular plain jane car just feels like a box I sit in that moves me from one place to another place fairly ungracefully and without any ... life? but I get it. thats what a car really needs to be, but I just dont prefer it if I can.

so what is a wrangler then? its like an outdoor box you sit in thats uncomfortable and slow and handles like ... a box on wheels, its expensive, and frankly the whole jeep camaraderie seems like it'd be more of a chore than something enjoyable. and while i enjoy having the top down, im not all that fond of way too much attention, or at least being associated with a group of people that is generally stereotyped as somewhat annoying (this goes for both the jeep crowd and car crowd admittidly)

but, ive been ina few and driven a few albeit many years ago and ive really enjoyed it. i liked the fact i felt like i was barely inside a vehicle. yeah its slow, but speed is no longer holding the same spark it used to. and ive always wanted a vehicle i cared about, but didnt really care as much about the paint, a little abuse, etc.

from a practical point of view - i hardly drive anywhere anymore. my commute is 4 whole miles and none of that is highway. I feel like my genesis is just wasting away. despite having quite a payment left on it, it hasn't depreciated much and I wouldn't be shooting myself selling it off. the jeeps im looking at are about half the price of my car (early 2000's, late 90's, no real regard for mileage). insurance is literally 1/4 the cost. gas mileage will be comparable.

I just dont know what to do!!!!!!!!!

lmao if u think I read this but yes get a wrangler they goddamn own and I love mine

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
If you do get a jeep angrily flip off and maybe shout really mean things at any jeep owners who wave at you. Be the change you want to see in the world

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

it's the brotherhood of always stuck at the autoshop for car repairs

SD-455
May 15, 2009

by Lowtax
Fix up an old land cruiser instead.

The only people who own jeeps are college girls and old guys who think dirt roads are "trails"

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

SD-455 posted:

Fix up an old land cruiser instead.

The only people who own jeeps are college girls and old guys who think dirt roads are "trails"

yeah but a dirt road is the only off roading I do, and I think college girls are sexy

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i see another prob

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

why dont you wrangle up another poo poo thread?

nvm i see you are on it

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
Get one of these instead,

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

get a honda civic and just accept being a boring person

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
I had a 91 wrangler for a summer after my senior year of high school. It was fun to drive, but it's top speed was about 55 mph because it was in a barely operable condition, so I never really went anywhere too far from home with it.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

i know, this was one of my "cons"

It will never be as bad as driving a motorcycle.

Wranglers own would get a new one if had lots of money to waste.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

etalian posted:

o rly?

what goes wrong with a 4.0L equipped tj?

I've had a 98 for years at around 180,000 miles, haven't had any issues outside of normal wear parts

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
sounds like what u want is a mazda miata...go for it

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

etalian posted:

Oh look, it's the guy who knows nothing about the mechanics of a vehicle to school all of us wrangler owners on why we drive a bad vehicle.

OP: Get a low mileage 2006 TJ.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Aug 3, 2015

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fog Tripper posted:

Oh look, it's the guy who knows nothing about the mechanics of a vehicle to school all of us wrangler owners on why we drive a bad vehicle.

OP: Get a low mileage 2006 TJ.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
How many puffy vests do you own? This is crucial to jeep ownership.

krnpfunch
Aug 24, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
BEEP BEEP IMMA JEEP.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah mine is an 06 Lj and it goddamn owns and I think the engine is more reliable than etaliams moms dilz sucking, and you can set your watch by that

• Locked thread