Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
like an older one?

heres the prob. guys. since I was 16 or so ive liked performancey cars. i loved most everything about them. i love grabbing the road. i love how it feels like its just an extension of your body. i could go on, but lets just say if you looked at the cars ive had you wouldnt pin me for a wrangler dude - cobalt ss/tc, mustang gt, subaru sti, gto, genesis 3.8 r type, to name the stand outs, and all with a few thousand in modifications that I did - and like to do - on my own.

i really prefer vehicles that can do something, have a specialty that I use. a regular plain jane car just feels like a box I sit in that moves me from one place to another place fairly ungracefully and without any ... life? but I get it. thats what a car really needs to be, but I just dont prefer it if I can.

so what is a wrangler then? its like an outdoor box you sit in thats uncomfortable and slow and handles like ... a box on wheels, its expensive, and frankly the whole jeep camaraderie seems like it'd be more of a chore than something enjoyable. and while i enjoy having the top down, im not all that fond of way too much attention, or at least being associated with a group of people that is generally stereotyped as somewhat annoying (this goes for both the jeep crowd and car crowd admittidly)

but, ive been ina few and driven a few albeit many years ago and ive really enjoyed it. i liked the fact i felt like i was barely inside a vehicle. yeah its slow, but speed is no longer holding the same spark it used to. and ive always wanted a vehicle i cared about, but didnt really care as much about the paint, a little abuse, etc.

from a practical point of view - i hardly drive anywhere anymore. my commute is 4 whole miles and none of that is highway. I feel like my genesis is just wasting away. despite having quite a payment left on it, it hasn't depreciated much and I wouldn't be shooting myself selling it off. the jeeps im looking at are about half the price of my car (early 2000's, late 90's, no real regard for mileage). insurance is literally 1/4 the cost. gas mileage will be comparable.

I just dont know what to do!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
this is seriously a very difficult decision for me lol

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Vastarien posted:

If you get a Jeep be prepared to have every other Jeep owner on the loving planet wave at you when you drive by.

i know, this was one of my "cons"

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

SD-455 posted:

Fix up an old land cruiser instead.

The only people who own jeeps are college girls and old guys who think dirt roads are "trails"

yeah but a dirt road is the only off roading I do, and I think college girls are sexy

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
im not worried about maintenance costs, very little will compare to the cars ive already had, and I can do most of it myself

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Apparition posted:

don't be a human being and just buy, your humble brags about all the expensive cars you used to own are about as lame as you lmao

.......... lol im sorry you cant afford what amounts to a new honda civic over the last decade. or maybe an accord, i know, fancy

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

You work four non-highway miles away and are wondering what to commute in? Get a bike and save your money. Just between us you need the exercise anyway.

*awaits torrent of excuses for why this is like, totally impossible*

its totally impossible lol. also the very last thing i want to be is a dickhead holding up rush hour traffic in a bike because i feel like im better than them, and also id die. if i thought it was even remotely an option id get an actual motorcycle

hmm not much of a torrent i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Conquistador posted:

Get a bronco imo

actually already had one, that was my first vehicle

• Locked thread