Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

PREVIOUS CHAMPIONS
Season 1 - Wisconsin Badgers
Season 2 - USC Trojans
Season 3 - Michigan Wolverines
Season 4 - Nebraska Cornhuskers
Season 5 - Ohio State Buckeyes
Season 6 - Nebraska Cornhuskers

DYNASTY RULES

1) I will be the first truly cruel commissioner of this era. There's not an actual timetable that I have in mind, because I am human and realize that every situation isn't always the same. However, if you have a CPU game I expect that poo poo to be played by no longer than 72hrs(excluding extraordinary circumstances of course). I don't care if you sim plays to see that it's done. The rate at which we advance will be very arbitrary and to my preference.

2) Please communicate in the thread on a regular basis. It takes but a minute to post about your schedule or any problems you're having in the dynasty.

3) Don't play like a jerk: nano blitzes, 24/7 no-huddle, putting speed WRs at TE(w/o officially changing his position), or in memory of my dear friend Bio - changing a CB to QB, ya know, poo poo like that. I'm not gonna get more specific then that so use your brain. If you have to think twice about it then you probably shouldn't do it in the first place.

4) You can reset CPU games as much as necessary to get the win. Please, no rage quitting against other users, and let's not destroy a user team that isn't available to play for that week. Just do enough to get the win.

CONFERENCE SETUP
We will be using schools from both the BigTen and Pac12 conferences, but consolidating them all under the B1G due to loss of players. This means that anyone joining after the season has started will have to choose a B1G team this season, but can switch to a PAC team(if desired) during the next off-season. Looks like we're to the Wild West as everyone will be shooting for a spot in the B1G CG, and possibly the Rose Bowl.

BigTen
East
Michigan - cletus42o, GT: cletus42o
Michigan State - Diodeous, GT: BenedictWong
Ohio State - Notorious ZSB, GT: JDMTyte

West
Nebraska - John Brown, GT: True Cryme
UCLA - Dubious, GT: Dubious28SS
USC - Slywalker13, GT: Slywalker13
Penn State - Texas A. Wreckus, GT: QuickDrawQuincy

SETTINGS
Difficulty - All American; Recruiting is at Varisty
Quarters - 6 minutes
No QB Quiz, Ice the Kicker is On, Home Field Advantage is on.

Dynasty Name: SASBigTenPac12
Password: Goonball4eva

In short, don't be a dick and pay attention to the thread you bastards. So without further ado, let's get to it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Maxed out DC, watch out y'all.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at Week 1 and everyone has a CPU game.

I got an instacommit from a top DE...now watch as Cletus proceeds to clean house.

E: Holy poo poo this game. I made a pick 6 that not only got called back for a phantom OOB, but somehow wiped from the stats as well. For example, I clearly made the pick (and stayed inbounds) but the CPU thought otherwise and called me out at the 18. The possession switched over to my O and we drove the field. However, my SS never got credit for the pick, nor was the opposing QB listed as throwing it. Yet it circulated through the lowlights of the CPU QB. gently caress EA, gently caress Notre Dame.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Aug 3, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I had the game deny me a rushing score and I had 120% Red Zone effieciency as it put the score on my HBs record, but not in the game or scoreboard had to do it twice. The stats keeping gets weirder as it gets older somehow.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

John Brown posted:

I got an instacommit from a top DE...now watch as Cletus proceeds to clean house.
drat, not a single instacommit out of 11 recruits that I tried for it on. Something ain't right here!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

drat, not a single instacommit out of 11 recruits that I tried for it on. Something ain't right here!

Holy poo poo! Isn't that the first time ever?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

John Brown posted:

Holy poo poo! Isn't that the first time ever?
Yeah, since I got the skill it definitely is - especially with that many people I would have wanted who had me at #1. Maybe I shouldn't have done it from the web this time.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

This Nebraska roster is unreal. My starting QB is a 99OVR redshirted Junior with 92SPD. My SS Powell played out of his mind during the ND game even though he didn't have any picks. This LB corps is arguably the best I've ever had, and now my WRs are living up to the hype. All of this including a 90OVR 99SPD redshirted Sophomore HB.

Let the reign begin

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Step off these dudes please k thanks

MLB Raymond Richard
CB Jason Allen
T Jason Brooks
G Damien Townsend
ATH Andrew DeAngelis
HB Javon Campbell
T Joe Brown

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Michigan r2a

Dubious posted:

Step off these dudes please k thanks
Don't see them on my board but let me know if you see otherwise.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Honestly it only started happening recently for me that they actually did commit. That skill's % factor is total BS.

Got 2 insta commits, but it is drat annoying that the recruits are all interested in our same 3 schools. Makes figuring out who to chase annoying through the first week or 3.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Aug 3, 2015

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
5 instacommits including 2 in top 10 overall.

My only regret is that I have but one season with which to recruit these young men.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Slywalker13 posted:

5 instacommits including 2 in top 10 overall.

My only regret is that I have but one season with which to recruit these young men.

After all of these seasons I've never experienced such a thing. Are you bowing out after this season?

John Brown fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Aug 4, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dio and Wreckus, are you r2a?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Since web is down yeah

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Everything was down. Couldn't do poo poo earlier, the end may have come...

I hope it's just like some maintenance and it'll be back later?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Let's get rolling again. You have until tomorrow night before I advance us.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We've advanced to Week 2.

Everyone except Wreckus has a CPU game.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
UCLA R2A.

Offense clicked much more this week, but still struggling to set the run game. Better than last week though, and i gave some play time to my freshman RB.

At least I wasnt in danger of a sack within half a second of the snap.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're advancing Friday night.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at Week 3!

Everyone except Dio had a CPU game.

Dio, your first user game isn't until week 8 so if you keep playing your CPU games you could still be undefeated when you're up and running.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'll definitely keep up my CPU games as I can

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

You and me sly if you can manage it.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Oh really lol? I completely missed that.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Z can you play tomorrow any time? I'm home from work all (Italian) day. Otherwise when on Saturday.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

Z can you play tomorrow any time? I'm home from work all (Italian) day. Otherwise when on Saturday.

My boss kindly gave me tomorrow off, so I'll have a window from around 12-3 cst where I can play. I've got 2 football scrimmages to work tomorrow so in between them should be possible. I'm assuming closer to noon my time will be better for you.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

If by Saturday night you guys can't land on a time to play before Sunday night, then Sly will go on AP and we will advance late Sunday.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I think we can at today, how's 2pm eastern?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

I think we can at today, how's 2pm eastern?

That should be perfect see you then.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I always have issues with you for some reason, let me switch to the non VPN'd router and then I'll restart the routers if needed.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Friday night, Internet can sucks, try again at 1500 eastern? If not will have to try tomorrow. Right now our speed is non existent

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

Friday night, Internet can sucks, try again at 1500 eastern? If not will have to try tomorrow. Right now our speed is non existent

Yeah I can try again in another 40 mins.

e: We always play the closest most "football" games of anyone on here I swear man. 27-20 OSU over USC. I was saved by the grind of my HB in the 2nd half, and my senior safety who came up with a sack and the game sealing INT in the final minute. I didn't pass it that well, USC wasn't able to run the ball very well. I think we punted like 7 or 8 times between us. Good game Sly. Sorry you couldn't pull it off, home field probably played a role in that.

e2: I also saw 2 of the wackiest plays this game has yet served up. My first TD bounced off his corners hands and my WR actually caught it in the end zone. The second was a ridiculous diving INT my nickel corner made to get me the possession that gave me a 3 pt lead. Just some silliness.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Aug 22, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at Week 4

Everyone has a CPU game except ZSB who's on a bye.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Let's advance by Thursday.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Reminder that we'll be advancing in roughly 48hrs.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious, Dio, and Sly, it's been nearly a week for a CPU game. I'm advancing us tonight.

E: Actually, I'll give you until Saturday morning.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Aug 27, 2015

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'll do mine at some point this evening

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

John Brown posted:

Dubious, Dio, and Sly, it's been nearly a week for a CPU game. I'm advancing us tonight.

E: Actually, I'll give you until Saturday morning.

i've been playing a bunch of madden. ill play it tonight, sorry.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at Week 5

UCLA won their sim but MSU lost to loving Army.

User Matchup:
#4 UCLA (dubious) @ #3 Michigan (cletus)

Everyone else has a CPU game excluding Wreckus.

E: Cletus, jesus H. 1300yds and 19TDs over 4 games???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Dubious, when is good for you?

John Brown posted:

E: Cletus, jesus H. 1300yds and 19TDs over 4 games???
I go after the right tight ends, at least for the Michigan playbook specifically.

He's averaging 17 yards per reception. He da best.

• Locked thread