Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

lizardman posted:

Arnold himself scored a big hit the very next year with True Lies so I don't think it was people just not being ready for satirical action comedies. The concept was probably too on-the-nose for a lot of folks and might have looked self-indulgent (the movie practically revolves around what a huge star and icon Arnold Schwarzenegger is).

The planet hollywood joke was very funny and self-depreciating at least. And Stallone's cameo was nice, given their animosity.

I really wanted to see the movie Man of the Year was advertised as.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Maluco Marinero posted:

It probably didn't help that the Vince Vaughn film immediately before it was Wedding Crashers, a movie so light hearted it made so skeezy a concept appealing to people.

The Break Up was a big shift from that and I imagine people were expecting another Wedding Crashers in terms of tone.

Goddamn I hated Wedding Crashers. Only good parts were Walken and Ferrell.

• Locked thread