Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I can't recall the last time I saw a film so egregiously degrading to women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

I can't recall the last time I saw a film so egregiously degrading to women.

you should see "V for Vendetta" holy poo poo

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I don't like the fat one

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
When did token fats become a thing?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Is this that lovely Jimmy Fallon movie that my dad made himself suffer through because it involved the Red Sox?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

loquacius posted:

Is this that lovely Jimmy Fallon movie that my dad made himself suffer through because it involved the Red Sox?

No it's the music movie about an all-female acapella group that treats each other and behaves horrendously.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

loquacius posted:

Wasn't that Fever Pitch? God, that movie sucked balls.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Anna Kendrick strikes me as the type of girl who does buttstuff, so thats neat

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Dr Cheeto posted:

Oh right, they have similar names

It was by all accounts and everyone's estimation completely terrible but my dad saw Fenway Park on its DVD cover, heaved a deep sigh, and purchased it with a heavy heart and stoic determination on his face. He watched it once with a stiff drink in hand and the demeanor of a soldier marching to certain death, and then placed it on a shelf between a Ted Williams documentary and a box set of DVDs containing the 2004 World Series, never to be touched again

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

Phobic Nest posted:

When did token fats become a thing?

They have been forever in hot girl friend groups

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I didnt see the second one but I saw the first one because one of my fraternity brothers was in it, he was one of the treblemakers its super cool, when he got back to LA after they shot it he invited me out to get a beer with him and Adam DeVine it was pretty neat. That is my Pitch Perfect story

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Pitch Perfect or The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants ??

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

im not sure if i should be happy if it killed jimmy fallon's movie career or upset that he ended up with a permanent place on television

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Bro Dad posted:

im not sure if i should be happy if it killed jimmy fallon's movie career or upset that he ended up with a permanent place on television

I'm surprised the fact that he couldn't keep a straight face through a single goddamn sketch on SNL didn't kill his TV career. I'm still completely baffled that he was ever a thing.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Applewhite posted:

I'm surprised the fact that he couldn't keep a straight face through a single goddamn sketch on SNL didn't kill his TV career. I'm still completely baffled that he was ever a thing.

its because he's jimmy fallon: hollywood's groupie

there is no better professional dickrider on television

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Jimmy Fallon was intolerable on SNL but he's perfectly fine on the tonight show

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Haven't heard of this "Pitch Perfect" thing.

It has a women in it? They can be actors now?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I like the music actually

Clemocracy
Jul 21, 2015

by Ralp

Chomp8645 posted:

Haven't heard of this "Pitch Perfect" thing.

It has a women in it? They can be actors now?

seems like a troll to me i dont buy it. Itd be far more progressive to let our mtf transgender friends play the roles of women. leapfrog right past this biological women actor bs

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
lol also at the unrealistic portrayal of men in PP. Is this what it's like for women to watch female characters in movies written by men? If so I can see why they're upset.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Applewhite posted:

lol also at the unrealistic portrayal of men in PP. Is this what it's like for women to watch female characters in movies written by men? If so I can see why they're upset.

The misogyny salted randomly into the lines of every male character in the third season of Orange is the New Black was hamfisted as hell

"C'mon, you can do better at your job than this! It's not like you're a woman or something! :xd: this is how I talk, this show takes place in 2015"

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Is that the sequel to Pitch Black (2000, d.p. David Eggby)?

IBurnStuffAlot
Feb 25, 2008

:siren:DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN:siren:

FreudianSlippers posted:

Is that the sequel to Pitch Black (2000, d.p. David Eggby)?

You're thinking of Blackish

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Applewhite posted:

50% of the population thinks hes really cute

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Let's not forget the kooky retarded Asian girl

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Aca-

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

IBurnStuffAlot posted:

You're thinking of Blackish

I think he means Blackfish

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

mind the walrus posted:

Let's not forget the kooky retarded Asian girl

lol it was so funny because she was weird but no one could hear the freaky poo poo she said. It's always the quiet ones LOL :xd:

naem
May 29, 2011

the the luelinks dot eti "smooty chicken"

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
I can't be hosed googling this poo poo so somebody give me a detailed synopsis that i'll promptly ignore while I see how much of my left hand I can get into my own rear end

i'm a busy man

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Jeff Sichoe posted:

I can't be hosed googling this poo poo so somebody give me a detailed synopsis that i'll promptly ignore while I see how much of my left hand I can get into my own rear end

i'm a busy man

An all girl acapella group sings its way to the top and learns the true meaning of sisterhood while behaving like total rampaging bitches to each other.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
women LOVE being degraded, they love it more than chocolate and anal beads

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib

Applewhite posted:

An all girl acapella group sings its way to the top and learns the true meaning of sisterhood while behaving like total rampaging bitches to each other.

Hmm ok sounds good I shall show this to my youth group, thanks :)

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Booblord Zagats posted:

Anna Kendrick strikes me as the type of girl who does buttstuff, so thats neat

I would have sex with Anna Kendrick

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
all aboard the Brittany Snow train

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I don't know about the second one, but I know the first one was pretty terrible. I liked how the fat girl would make up funny jokes on how to avoid exercising. Then the theater would laugh and laugh and their fat rolls were so large it caused a strange echo. Good times.

naem
May 29, 2011

DOOP posted:

DOOP posted:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jukeboxblues posted:

I don't know about the second one, but I know the first one was pretty terrible. I liked how the fat girl would make up funny jokes on how to avoid exercising. Then the theater would laugh and laugh and their fat rolls were so large it caused a strange echo. Good times.

No. First was good and had great music.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
more like Bitch Bore Fic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
trains about to leave

• Locked thread