Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I can't recall the last time I saw a film so egregiously degrading to women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

loquacius posted:

Is this that lovely Jimmy Fallon movie that my dad made himself suffer through because it involved the Red Sox?

No it's the music movie about an all-female acapella group that treats each other and behaves horrendously.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Bro Dad posted:

im not sure if i should be happy if it killed jimmy fallon's movie career or upset that he ended up with a permanent place on television

I'm surprised the fact that he couldn't keep a straight face through a single goddamn sketch on SNL didn't kill his TV career. I'm still completely baffled that he was ever a thing.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
lol also at the unrealistic portrayal of men in PP. Is this what it's like for women to watch female characters in movies written by men? If so I can see why they're upset.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

mind the walrus posted:

Let's not forget the kooky retarded Asian girl

lol it was so funny because she was weird but no one could hear the freaky poo poo she said. It's always the quiet ones LOL :xd:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Jeff Sichoe posted:

I can't be hosed googling this poo poo so somebody give me a detailed synopsis that i'll promptly ignore while I see how much of my left hand I can get into my own rear end

i'm a busy man

An all girl acapella group sings its way to the top and learns the true meaning of sisterhood while behaving like total rampaging bitches to each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Darth123123 posted:

No. First was good and had great music.

The music was the only thing tolerable about it. Anytime the characters weren't singing it was an awful movie.

• Locked thread