Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Mold is a feature, hack your diet, maximize your efficiency, alibaba a onsey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

I don't see the issue with adding a little bit more flavor and texture variation.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
its just antibiotics

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I thought soylent was a dry powder that you added water to.. That doesn't look dry at all.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

when you think about it lots of gourmet foodstuffs come with mold growing in them

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Sammus posted:

I thought soylent was a dry powder that you added water to.. That doesn't look dry at all.
premixed, ready to drink, that javascript won't write itself while you're adding water to a powder and mixing it

also I think you will find that many fine cheeses have molds involved, and many people happily consume Quorn, which is produced from a fungus?? so soylent having black mold in it is not a problem?? why do you hate the future??

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Much like a fine wine, soylent needs to be aged to perfection. The mold is just a sign that it's ready.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
at least it's not black people

like soylent green

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Sammus posted:

Soylent 2.0 is a drink, 1.5 is a powder.

I just checked their website, I don't touch purchase liquid or dehydrated horse cum myself.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Dear god save me from my own humanity.
*sucks soylent through tube while playing cooking mama for oculus rift*

poo poo like this is why I keep smoking. Maybe this future is what millennials want, and good for them, but oh my sweet lord Hare Krishna please let me die before its mandatory.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Is FEMA one of the backers of Soylent? :tinfoil:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Pebergehund posted:

I am not religious but I believe hell exists

the fact that he wants to associate with gamers shows hes remarkably stupid

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

he did mention in one post that he uses some tiny intel NUC to play league of legends. probably over an lte modem

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Lutha Mahtin posted:

he did mention in one post that he uses some tiny intel NUC to play league of legends. probably over an lte modem

Yeah, it's linked in the OP. As part of trying to live off a solar panel he downsized his computer.

quote:

Computing

Today’s computers are remarkably efficient. But we could always do better. I winced as I ditched my homebuilt desktop for a cheap, low power Intel NUC. Giving up my tower for a mini PC felt like when I lost my beloved ‘86 Ford F250 and started riding around in Uber Priuses. It’s the future. But it still stings a little.

The NUC and my displays, 2x AOC 17in USB DisplayLink monitors, are amazingly efficient and serve all my daily needs. When I want some real computing power I SSH or RDP in to an EC2 instance and have all the power I need. Intel has really stepped up their graphics game too. The HD 6000 integrated GPU runs League of Legends and Kerbal Space Program great. Skylake should bring further improvements this Fall. I power the NUC directly from the battery since it runs on 12V and draws less than 1A of current even with the monitors. That’s 72Wh if I use it for 6 hours straight, which my panel produces in less than an hour in direct sunlight, an abundant resource in Los Angeles. No more power blocks, wall warts, or rats nests of cables. My Android phone charges at 5V and uses less than 10Wh / day, which isn’t a lot but I still think is atrocious for what it does. My old Nokia would run for a week on that.

DC Desktop

17 inch monitors. No video card. What a noob.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Pebergehund posted:

I am not religious but I believe hell exists

I salute anyone trying to make professional gamers suffer more.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

http://mic.com/articles/125924/i-spent-one-nightmarish-day-on-nothing-but-drinkable-superfoods-here-s-what-happened

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Hahaha oh god those pictures are worst then I thought. I looks like they are trying to drink over cooked oatmeal not even counting the mold. Also can't stress enough how much of an insane person the creator is every time I read an excerpt from his blogs.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

this morning i made a nice egg and ham sandwich with onion, it was a simple meal that took less than 10 minutes to make, but it was tasty and made me feel good. have i discovered a new way to eat?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mr. Pumroy posted:

this morning i made a nice egg and ham sandwich with onion, it was a simple meal that took less than 10 minutes to make, but it was tasty and made me feel good. have i discovered a new way to eat?

Dunno, depends on what you did with it after making it?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

ummmm i washed the dishes

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Mr. Pumroy posted:

That's not very efficient of you jeez.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i'm such a loving disgrace i knew i should have thrown the plate and pan out the window where i never have to look at them again

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Angela Christine posted:

Yeah, it's linked in the OP. As part of trying to live off a solar panel he downsized his computer.

17 inch monitors. No video card. What a noob.

I briefly thought it was cool that he got a desktop with power draw that low and then I realized laptops are a thing and lol what the gently caress.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mr. Pumroy posted:

So the food is just sitting around somewhere, untouched? I suppose that's novel :shrug:

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

oh ha sorry bro i misunderstood the question. yeah, i ate it. i chewed the food, and then i drank a cup of water too.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
What the gently caress, why are you burning so many calories just to ingest this so-called food? Now if it were in the form of a flavorless cumsludge...

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Video games are inefficient

Sleep is inefficient

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Pumroy posted:

dehydrate it, mechanically process it into a powder, add a huge margin for your trouble, and then you might just have something disruptive there buddy

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Looking at his blog I noticed the little picture in the tab next to the name (what are those called?).

Is that . . . yes it is, it is Marvin the Paranoid Android. 2005 version. In case you've been living under a rock with no books or movies all your life, here's what wikipedia says about the character, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_(character)

quote:

Marvin, the Paranoid Android, is a fictional character in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series by Douglas Adams. Marvin is the ship's robot aboard the starship Heart of Gold. Originally built as a failed prototype of Sirius Cybernetics Corporation's GPP (Genuine People Personalities) technology, Marvin is afflicted with severe depression and boredom, in part because he has a "brain the size of a planet"[1] which he is seldom, if ever, given the chance to use. Indeed, the true horror of Marvin's existence is that no task he could be given would occupy even the tiniest fraction of his vast intellect. Marvin claims he is 50,000 times more intelligent than a human,[2] (or 30 billion times more intelligent than a live mattress) though this is, if anything, a vast underestimation. When kidnapped by the bellicose Krikkit robots and tied to the interfaces of their intelligent war computer, Marvin simultaneously manages to plan the entire planet's military strategy, solve "all of the major mathematical, physical, chemical, biological, sociological, philosophical, etymological, meteorological and psychological problems of the Universe except his own, three times over," and compose a number of lullabies.

What a curious choice in avatar.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I think my favorite part about this whole thing is he probably obsesses over his blog referrers. Meaning he probably seen and or reading this thread.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
It's called a favicon btw

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

thathonkey posted:

It's called a favicon btw

Thank you.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Mr. Pumroy posted:

That's very selfish of you, that's 10 minutes when you could have been making the world a better place by writing some lovely web app.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

deadly_pudding posted:

This is important. If you think drinking alcohol will improve your mood, it is because you are an alcoholic.
I drink alcohol while I'm doing something that is actually fun. You know, to make it more fun.

Please do not operate heavy machinery, even if that is fun :ohdear:

Hmm... very intelligent thoughts here. I think you've cracked the code. Blown the hole thing wide open.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ilustforponydeath posted:

1. Get all the world to eat this garbage

2. Spike a batch with arsenic

so really they just need to work on step 1

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i'm such a loving disgrace i knew i should have thrown the plate and pan out the window where i never have to look at them again

Congratulations on not disrupting anything :smug: namely your bowels

Scooty Puff
Apr 24, 2010
Pillbug
I age

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

that guy is a sad husk of a human being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

• Locked thread