Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I saw some Europeans in Cedar breaks national park. They were fatter than me and spoke moon tongue.I was told they were called thwrench.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
well i had this lil beauty for lunch today, so you wont see me packing on the pounds anytime soon :smug:

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

q) is it even possible to live in Europe and not be a stupid loving piece of poo poo?

a) nope

don't talk down to your parents

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

dad gay. so what posted:

well i had this lil beauty for lunch today, so you wont see me packing on the pounds anytime soon :smug:

Yah, that is a nice mug

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat posted:

Yah, that is a nice mug

thanks im a theta

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Yesterday morning I turned on the TV and it was some teen kids news show thing. The segment was explaining how to read a nutritional label, and explained that saturated fat is bad and that the vitamins are good and made zero mention of sugar. Made me slightly angry.

Also non-fat person living in america here. It takes effort.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
When I first came to America it was for 3 months and I gained about 20 lbs easily just because the giant portions and deliciousness of the food were overwhelming.

Fortunately I don't have a car and I have to walk to the grocery store/restaurants so my laziness usually wins out over my gluttony, I ended up losing all my extra weight and more when I moved here permanently.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

lol jsut lol if I think it takes effort to not be fat just eat 1 meal per day you idiot cretin

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
According to my research Americans get fat when their food is mainly brightly colored boxes from the supermarket

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

notZaar posted:

The problem isn't in the food, it's in eating for comfort which is a manifestation of depression. If we stopped eating when we weren't hungry then most of us wouldn't never get close to the morbidly obese whales that are becoming the norm in western nations.

but that would mean that lots of people are depressed, and maybe our society was structured in a way that produces mental illness. thats dangerous talk, solving a big problem like that is hard, dont make me think about it :argh:

*bans large soda containers* there problem solved!

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Three Olives posted:

Right we should openly persecute them.

Execute them

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

dad gay. so what posted:

wow 5 guys burgers look like poo poo

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Waroduce posted:

Execute them

The sweet and warm embrace of death is being too kind to them.

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost
IMO people need to learn that being hungry isn't a bad thing. You can survive being hungry.

If it's 5pm and you've ingested the appropriate amount of calories for the amount of exercise you've done/will do for the rest of the day... Just don't eat until the next day.

Yeah it can suck and be uncomfortable at first but humans can actually go several weeks without eating. so not eating until breakfast the next day should be easily manageable.

(Of course you need to be paying attention to how much you eat in the first place. )

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
drinking a ton of water or taking fiber supplements can also help if you're hungry

i bet most americans don't really know what hunger feels like tho

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Huge Lady Pleaser posted:

Yeah it can suck and be uncomfortable at first but humans can actually go several weeks without eating. so not eating until breakfast the next day should be easily manageable.

i like watching Naked and Afraid and seeing them lose like 30lb over 21 days, going in with love handles and coming out an emaciated shell of a person. if they can do it well sleeping outside in the amazon jungle so can you, fatty!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

The Saurus posted:

drinking a ton of water or taking fiber supplements can also help if you're hungry

i bet most americans don't really know what hunger feels like tho

It will make you do horrible things

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost

Rutibex posted:

i like watching Naked and Afraid and seeing them lose like 30lb over 21 days, going in with love handles and coming out an emaciated shell of a person. if they can do it well sleeping outside in the amazon jungle so can you, fatty!

I'm not talking about starving yourself. I'm just talking about not over eating. Even if you're hungry hours later, just wait till the next day. The body will get used to it after a week or so.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Moridin920 posted:

yeah but it takes a lot of effort

yeah but in other countries I can get a breakfast for 400 calories and be full meanwhile in America unless you meticulously shop and cook for yourself and never eat out it's like 'oh you had 1 plate of food, that was 1500 calories.'

Even if you had a Big Mac for breakfast, it's 2060 kJ/492 calories. You could have McDonalds for 3 meals a day and still come in under 1500 calories a day,but nice try.

If you don't want to cook, then buy Weight Watchers/Lean Cuisine meals from the supermarket. Portion and calorie controlled food is more accessible than ever.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Aug 4, 2015

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
yea just tell them 'no cheese no mayo no bacon no butter' and send that fucker back if they load whatever it is up with fatty garbage

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Yea, come to Southern California. I saw a fat lady the other day, and it was like spotting a four-leaf clover.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
every pound of lard gained, every chin and roll signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed. This world of western capitalist excess is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening heart disease, it is humanity hanging from a cross of bacon.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.
Yes but you have to live in a city in either the northeast or the west coast. Anywhere else and it's entire loving states of walking (figuratively) TLC specials.

Houston is a loving horror show

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

potee posted:

Yes but you have to live in a city in either the northeast or the west coast. Anywhere else and it's entire loving states of walking (figuratively) TLC specials.

i call this the food belt, runs from florida to washington state

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
ive lived in america all my life and have never once been fat so suck my tractor

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
im personally OFFENDED by the OP's overreaching and obvious nationalist anti-american propaganda and would ask, for clarification, what country the OP is from and the reason for posting this thread, if he is not a coward.

TIA

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I love America but OP is right, fatties are a national shame

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

dad gay. so what posted:

im personally OFFENDED by the OP's overreaching and obvious nationalist anti-american propaganda and would ask, for clarification, what country the OP is from and the reason for posting this thread, if he is not a coward.

you went to five guys burgers and fries and ordered this:

so STFU you traitor to the fat cause

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009
Entered college at 5'10" 205 lbs, left college at 6'3" 180 lbs. I always carried around a ~50 lb backpack.

31, still at 180 lbs. Good to be fat if you're still growing.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

huskarl_marx posted:

every pound of lard gained, every chin and roll signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed. This world of western capitalist excess is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening heart disease, it is humanity hanging from a cross of bacon.

very depressing fast food novel

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

potee posted:

Most major cities and you'll be fine so long as you aren't a poor or lower middle class. a lot of cities look fat in the statistics but it's almost entirely in the areas where murder rates that rival iraq (eg. southwest side of chicago). Also of course this intersects with race, in your average state minorities tend to be 10-30 % more obese than the average.

stick in the tourist areas and the US will have comparable obesity rates to the rest of the world- which is pretty much steaming towards US obesity rates at full speed anyway.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
i saw an obese fat guy drive his rascal scooter onto the bus the other day, they had to put up like every single disabled seat so he could do a doughnut and turn himself around

if you're too poor to buy a car then you're too poor to be too fat to walk.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
If being fat in America is wrong then I don't want to live anymore!

Wait, that didn't come out right.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Enfield posted:

ive lived in america all my life and have never once been fat so suck my tractor

So you burn fat ok

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

you're right I'm just saying from the point of view of someone who worked in restaurants, many cooks/chefs/owners see the 'mediocre quality but huge portions' thing as out of date and a fad from a decade ago.

yea a decade ago all the best restaurants prided themselves on humongous plates of mediocre garbage

moran

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
op should post a pic of themself

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

naem posted:

I find you're either a professional level gym rat in perfect steroid sculpted shape, or a fat lump. There isn't much room for intermediate levels in people's minds.

Like you can't be slightly above average in shape by being active generally and then peak once in a while by focusing on exercise a bit, for fun. People get mad like "you're not as awesome as this guy I know who uses steroids all day" and I'm like "oh, ok uh," and then someone else is like "I hate you because you're not fat like me" and I'm like "well I've been fat before I just exercise now, so I'm not, that's all"

It's like the overall culture isn't fitness and health as fun goals to aim for as a society, in a big happy group, instead it's "gently caress you got mine I'm the best, me!!! Go get fat now I'm better!!"

I think the concept of gyms with machines and treadmills are part of this problem. A lot of people see exercise as a human form of the hamster wheel indoors rather than going outside to have fun doing something active. Plus I hear a lot of American cities are poo poo to walk in and everyone drives everywhere.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
Plus it makes exercise into a giant all or nothing time commitment so it's easy and desirable to give up on it. Doing 10 bad push-ups or laying down and lifting up your legs a few times every day is better than going to the gym three times in January.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Ocean Book posted:

Plus it makes exercise into a giant all or nothing time commitment so it's easy and desirable to give up on it. Doing 10 bad push-ups or laying down and lifting up your legs a few times every day is better than going to the gym three times in January.

I started "groove greasin" because i can't stand to do a workout for an hour to 90 minutes without getting bored so now I just stop and grab my weights and bang out a couple sets a few times a day, works pretty well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I just ate fried chicken and it's like way past midnight so you're right, OP

• Locked thread