Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pram
Jun 10, 2001
yea lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

ShadowHawk posted:

they grandfathered in the existing ones. If you remove someone you can't re-add them. Most bets are it'll expire when the prime renewal comes up.

Basically this is the way it is going forward:

100 dollars per prime account, you can share it with exactly one person in your household, but then you have to give them access to your credit cards. Basically almost identical to sharing your account, except they can't see your secret wishlist.

Amazon sees no problem with this.
ah, makes sense. i've been on the same goon sharing thing for probably 7 years now and the owner emails us to pay up every 2-3 years because he forgets :cool:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
yeah, I still don't see the problem here. if your finances aren't mixed and you can't just tell your partner not to order poo poo on your card then don't share your prime accounts with them.

is this a thing where you nerds are overthinking a thing that's not a real problem because you haven't talked to a real woman?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Space-Pope posted:

no loot crate is generic nerd "culture" horseshit

im talking specific shipments of stuff tailored to match my interests

let's talk about this. I've been looking at signing up for service that sends you outfits once in a while so I don't dress like a nerd every day of my life. anyone tried one of these?

something like https://www.trunkclub.com/ or https://www.bombfell.com/

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
yeah why is this a thread

oh no i cant share my prime with strangers on the internet!!

its like $8/month buy it or dont loving poor

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

The Management posted:

is this a thing where you nerds are overthinking a thing that's not a real problem because you haven't talked to a real woman?

what does your heart tell you?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

pram posted:

like you need to worry about anything involving a girlfriend

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Space-Pope posted:

i want amazon to offer a service where i just give them like $50 a month and they just buy me things they think i'll like

i yearn for the future where companies have my exact tastes and preferences in a database, so one day the dominos pizza guy will just show up and hand me pizza without any words exchanged, because they know that i was in the mood for dominos pizza

you sound like the Soylent guy who found the experience of deciding how to sustain himself to be so exhausting that he invented a flavorless goop diet for obnoxious nerds

"I need some consumer garbage every month, don't care what, just dig up those rare earth metals and make that plastic and ship it to me, you know the kind of stuff I like"

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Smythe posted:

never share your hard earned greenbacks with a scamming harlot. vapid bitches are just out to leech Him dry and spend His money on her chintzy junk to cock-tease other innocent Sirs

I have a prenup, op

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

if youre busy eating you arent busy hacking

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

i have an MVP but that pesky "dinner time" is a hurdle between me and that 100MM valuation s

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Management posted:

dont dress like a nerd every day of my life

motherfucker both those companies ship almost nothing but button up shirts, jeans, and v-neck sweaters.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tired Of Dressing Like A Nerd? Dress Like A Dressed-Up Nerd For His Monthly Team Meeting

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

ShadowHawk posted:

they grandfathered in the existing ones. If you remove someone you can't re-add them. Most bets are it'll expire when the prime renewal comes up.

Basically this is the way it is going forward:

100 dollars per prime account, you can share it with exactly one person in your household, but then you have to give them access to your credit cards. Basically almost identical to sharing your account, except they can't see your secret wishlist.

Amazon sees no problem with this.

what is the problem? that you can't share your amazon prime with everyone in the hacker house??? gently caress you

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

thi si sbullshit

anything that calls itself a crate should be delivered in a wooden b ox packed with straw that you have to pry open (the crate not the straw)

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

duTrieux. posted:

thi si sbullshit

anything that calls itself a crate should be delivered in a wooden b ox packed with straw that you have to pry open (the crate not the straw)

fruh gee lay, must be italian

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Space-Pope posted:

"hello? mr... pope?"
"yeah?"
"hi, this is gary from uber! i'm here to pick you up for your okcupid date."
"oh! is everything set up?"
"yes sir. she is on her way to the restaurant. you will be having italian, and the date will be miserable."
"what? why? i thought we were matched"
"well, according to this... she has been wanting something different, and needs to be reminded why she doesn't date outside of her usual types.

as for you... well, you're apparently just desperate for human connection, and are going to be enthralled to spend any time with someone so far out of your league"
"huh. well, have they-"
"your playstation is already preloading with a brazzers video where the actress bears a vague resemblance to her, yes."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MYAGyZlBY0

sure I'll quote this

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

The Management posted:

let's talk about this. I've been looking at signing up for service that sends you outfits once in a while so I don't dress like a nerd every day of my life. anyone tried one of these?

depending on where you live, you end up looking like every other shithead on the subway that orders from seamless every day and doesn't know to change a fluorescent bulb so he orders the help on taskrabbit or whatever

JAY ZERO SUM GAME fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Aug 4, 2015

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

but if you live in omaha or something you'll probably fool people into thinking you have a clue

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

god drat i hate this poo poo. it's like the height of american consumerism. a bunch of made-in-china sweatshop crap that you don't need. i shudder at the thought of just considering where to stow all this crap in my house. the solution many have apparently found is to store it all prominently around your desk at work to show people how wasteful you are. i always think of telemaricorp from Workaholics for some reason, maybe it's the fact they sell stupid gimmicky products also manufactured in china?

oh man i'm really mad about loot crates

also dollar stores

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

actually its like a friend who gets you monthly presents who understands your love of geek, gamer and pop culture

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i get loot crates through work. the guys who have kids freaking love it, i give away most of the stuff immediately.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the loot crate stuff is always unwanted crap that they were unable to sell, even to nerds

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The Management posted:

just to be clear, the examples on the trunk club website are $2240, $3250 and $4550 right

seems a little steep for an unknown service all at once

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

As a Millennial I posted:

the loot crate stuff is always unwanted crap that they were unable to sell, even to nerds

really? so it's like Winners? where people go thinking they are getting huge savings on brand name stuff but really they're buying stuff from last year that didn't sell in the stores or was defective.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
remember woot.com and their bag of crap and how coveted that was?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

hobbesmaster posted:

just to be clear, the examples on the trunk club website are $2240, $3250 and $4550 right

seems a little steep for an unknown service all at once

that's pretty crazy when you put it that way

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i don't know if this is the right thread but

http://www.vocativ.com/news/217943/is-it-cheaper-to-live-off-soylent-or-chipotle/

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

PleasureKevin posted:

really? so it's like Winners? where people go thinking they are getting huge savings on brand name stuff but really they're buying stuff from last year that didn't sell in the stores or was defective.

why else would loot crate even exist.

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
have you considered cargo pants where the leg has a zipper and they transform into cargo shorts

because those are really good

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The Management posted:

that's pretty crazy when you put it that way

bombfell's model makes more sense in its initial description where they say "give us all the information and then ask for a couple of clothes you want" so you're just putting up a couple hundred

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

angry_keebler posted:

have you considered cargo pants where the leg has a zipper and they transform into cargo shorts

imagine if they made the same thing, but for shirts.

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

imagine if they made the same thing, but for shirts.

i've made cardigans that do this with button on sleeves that turn into sweater tunics

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

angry_keebler posted:

angry_keebler posted:

i've made cardigans that do this with button on sleeves that turn into sweater tunics

hmm how about this, but standardized, so you can use pant legs for sleeves and sleeves for pant legs. i will make the website.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

zip-off brims allow a beanie to become a baseball cap to become a sherlock holmes cap

zip em off again and pop the propeller on top

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

angry_keebler posted:

u should knit an entire body suit that buttons together

u can be the hero ur city needs

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

i thought about sewing a stillsuit with a thermoelectric cooler for yardwork but it would need a big utility belt for batteries to work very good and sewing neoprene is a pain in the rear end

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

zip-off brims allow a beanie to become a baseball cap to become a sherlock holmes cap

zip em off again and pop the propeller on top

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I remember the 90s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

amazon gives away your apps for free, lol

• Locked thread