Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
I had this pretty good pita wrap. I am trying to get ideas for what to eat tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Hell, why stop now?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Man that is some killer lunch my man!! (:

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
what kind of a mug is that though? looks like the mug a total lameass would drink out of, no offence op

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

The Saurus posted:

what kind of a mug is that though? looks like the mug a total lameass would drink out of, no offence op

It is a mug from my fraternity Sigma Nu. There is water in the mug.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
whoa whats that key in the back of the picture go to? I bet it is a super nice sports/luxury vehicle or something!

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Nooner posted:

whoa whats that key in the back of the picture go to? I bet it is a super nice sports/luxury vehicle or something!

I am not sure. I was eating lunch with a coworker and that is their keys. I will ask them tomorrow though!

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
It is like two hours from lunchtime and it looks like I won't get any food suggestions. :ohdear:

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Demonachizer posted:

It is like two hours from lunchtime and it looks like I won't get any food suggestions. :ohdear:

Here is my lunch for today:

Toasted multigrain bread
Roasted red pepper hummus
Homemade mayonnaise
Grilled boneless skinless chicken breast
Sliced raw yellow onion
Red pepper flakes

I have two of these sandwiches to eat. I'd provide a photo but it's in my lunch bag in the cooler downstairs because I am at work.

Good luck with your lunchtime inspiration!

As a bonus kicker, here is what I had for dinner last night, that could also be eaten as lunch!

La Brea demi baguette, sliced in half
Grilled hot dog, placed on the bottom half of the baguette
Chili (from a can, I just wanted a quick and easy chili dog) poured over

I ate this open-faced with a fork and a knife since it was messy and I didn't have any hot dog buns. On the top half of the baguette, I just thinly spread some salted butter on it and ate it as a regular piece of bread.

This was delicious and good!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
That dinner sounds ds both delicious and still accessible to the novice goon with a spoon, good call (:

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
As long as we're crossposting GBS into GWS, for those that don't read the sardine thread, here's my lunch from yesterday:

pr0k posted:

FANCY PANTS TRIGGER WARNING

leftovers, fancypants style; or bouillabaisseramenpho

ingredients:

for the soup:
2 cups broth and about ten mussels leftover from moules marinières, (mussels cooked in white wine, butter, garlic, and parsley) butterfat congealed on top.
2 cups homemade vegetable stock
1 bundle real ramen noodles
A good pinch shredded seaweed, rehydrated
a few black mushrooms, rehydrated and sliced into ribbons.

1 can HOT TITUS sardines in spicy oil

for the garnish:
1-2 large crimini mushroom, sliced thin
2 green onions sliced thin
a few tops of basil plants

condiments:
pickled thai chiles
sriracha sauce
hoisin sauce

Heat up the juice from the mussels and the veg stock to a boil, add ramen noodles. Simmer 4 minutes. Add black mushrooms and seaweed. Dump into bowl. Add the reserved mussels and some of the butterfat but not all of it. Dump in the can of sardines and the oil from it. Serve with the onion, mushroom, and basil garnish and the various sauces. Eat like pho.

Fuckin delicious. If you like pho, you will like that. The Titus 'dines weren't especially impressive - big and meaty but a little dry until they absorbed some of the soup. Still fantastic. I need a nap.

Why there is a 63-page thread about sardines in GBS I still don't fully understand, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

pr0k posted:

As long as we're crossposting GBS into GWS, for those that don't read the sardine thread, here's my lunch from yesterday:

Why there is a 63-page thread about sardines in GBS I still don't fully understand, but it's awesome nonetheless.

that looks delicious, but seems like a lot of work for lunch!

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
GWS answer: Not if you have a sharp knife and a well-stocked larder
GBS answer: you can substitute a packet of ramen noodles for everything in the recipe except the sardines. Add hot sauce to taste.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
This is what I had for Lunch today gusy !!! (well only half of it, it was wayy too much food but i had to make the dilivery minimum!!!!)

Its Pad Kee Mau and 6(!) eggrolls Spicy and Delicious!!

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Nooner posted:

This is what I had for Lunch today gusy !!! (well only half of it, it was wayy too much food but i had to make the dilivery minimum!!!!)

Its Pad Kee Mau and 6(!) eggrolls Spicy and Delicious!!

You've got me wondering what you actually had for lunch and who actually had this for lunch and posted about it in another thread. :smug:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Dr. Pangloss posted:

You've got me wondering what you actually had for lunch and who actually had this for lunch and posted about it in another thread. :smug:

I really did have it for lunch! and I had the pita wrap too those were both mine just people stole them because htey were jealous of my lunch

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PLEASE DO NOT BACKSEAT MODERATE
Brats boiled in beer, maple sap, and beef juice. Mac and cheese, and green beans.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i had leftover strfry it was the first time i ever cooked tofu and it came out okay i think

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Fancy smoked russian sardines on crackers and salad.

Nhilist
Jul 29, 2004
I like it quiet in here

pr0k posted:

Fancy smoked russian sardines on crackers and salad.

I love sardines, especially at lunch, light, tons of flavor, but I think the rest of my office are about to stage either an intervention or revolt. Not my breath but the kitchen/dining area, people can be such assholes about sardines. And I eat the good stuff.

davmillar
May 22, 2012

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Gravy Boat 2k
I had vanilla cinnamon chai spice pancakes with vanilla cinnamon chai spice butter and a drizzle of agave nectar, washed down with Granny Smith Woodchuck cider.

Basically, in a small mason jar, I combined a few drops cinnamon leaf oil, a shake or two of chai masala, a splash of vanilla extract, and filled the rest of the jar with heavy cream. Shook it until I had a scrumptious compound butter and flavored buttermilk.

For the pancakes, I poured off the buttermilk onto a bowl with a couple cups of flour, a few shakes of baking powder and baking soda, a pinch of salt, a few spoonfuls of sugar, a shake or two of extra chai masala, and a drizzle of agave nectar. Stirred and added a bit of water to get the right consistency, and I was in business. Cooked them, topped them with some of the butter and a drizzle of agave, and we are in business.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
It was Brunch but close enough:

Blueberry and some kind of seed waffle with salted caramel, banana, creme fraiche and almonds. The picture doesn't really do it justice.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

Nhilist posted:

I love sardines, especially at lunch, light, tons of flavor, but I think the rest of my office are about to stage either an intervention or revolt. Not my breath but the kitchen/dining area, people can be such assholes about sardines. And I eat the good stuff.

I *used* to sit in an odd corner that had all of the overhead lights unscrewed. The artists used to use that area and needed non-florescent light. I like it because I hate florescents. I just got new neighbors and they screwed the lights back in. I eat at my desk. I'm eating sardines until they move.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Nhilist
Jul 29, 2004
I like it quiet in here

pr0k posted:

I *used* to sit in an odd corner that had all of the overhead lights unscrewed. The artists used to use that area and needed non-florescent light. I like it because I hate florescents. I just got new neighbors and they screwed the lights back in. I eat at my desk. I'm eating sardines until they move.

HA! That is brilliant. Sardines, the ultimate workforce passive resistance.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
My combination breakfast and lunch was a chocolate brownie clif bar. Livin' the dream.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

some nice 'za broski

I think I might get some chili today or maybe a nice bowl of tortilla soup and a beer across the street to help with my FIIIIEISSSSSSSTAAAAAAAA!!!! hangover

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Update:::

I'm drinking a grapefruit sculpin and ordered Texas spring rolls for lunch

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
I had a tuna salad sandwich on a bagel and a green salad.

Tanglefoot
Feb 27, 2002

I ate left over this for lunch....

http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1017359-roasted-chicken-with-potatoes-arugula-and-garlic-yogurt

its loving good.

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!
Left over ham sammich I found buried in the back of the fridge. It passed the smell test... will update on if it passes the exit test :p

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Sunday nights I make a batch of hummus. Small chickpeas, couple hours soak, pressure cook with a bit of baking soda for about 35-40 minutes. Drain, rinse, blitz with tahini, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, salt, a little olive oil, and water. About 500 grams of dried chickpeas last me the week for lunch. Buy a bunch of carrots, apples, other fruit I might fancy, bag of quality mixed nuts, pack of fish patties I keep in the office fridge, pack of Finnish sourdough flatbread. Way tastier lunch than the poo poo I get at the workplace cafeteria. Also about 1/3 of the price or less. And it's good for me, unlike the mayo-butter-white bread sandwich monstrosities they sell at a premium, and doesn't fill me up as much as the hot meals.

Also pictured: ibuprofen and paracetamol, dip box.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Reheated leftover pancakes with strawberries, pineapple and cream.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
A Macadamia & Coconut Bounce protein ball, grilled chicken, green salad with some mustard vinegarette and a banana. Managed to resist the chicken lasagna at work. Back on the wagon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!
Today's lunch was more like a survival lunch.... cheese puffs... a pickle.... a few grapes and a hotdog.

• Locked thread