Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aydjile
Oct 13, 2013

Survive Adapt Improve
its a simple question, really.
i still feel fresh, but a "look at dat fukken cat" thread made me understand thats my place is here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiger
Oct 18, 2012

And you, who are you? This is what we've got, yes. What are you going to make of it?
Fun Shoe
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=goon&defid=2580035

"user on SA forums" and "goon" are used interchangeably.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Stop showering.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Hey, welcome to Something Awful! I hope you enjoy your stay!

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
It is a sacred rite where you set $10 on fire.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Lurk more

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
The more you post, the higher your rank. Post a lot.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

i don't recommend it

Garmann
Nov 4, 2009
Grimey Drawer
You're already in the goonion of :10bux:

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Aydjile posted:

its a simple question, really.
i still feel fresh, but a "look at dat fukken cat" thread made me understand thats my place is here.

#goatse
#iamgay
#slenderman
#cuck
#fatwhiteandautistic

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
goons are a myth

bikesonyx
Oct 9, 2014
Manga

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
you have to find the perfect balance of hating most things, especially memes, then latch on to some memes and get really ardent about defending the stuff you like but that stuff cant be popular because you think popular things suck and you have to do all this while pretending your dead gay forum is somehow the last bastion of sanity and decency on the internet even though its just as full of pedos and basement dwellers as the rest of the internet

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
you must be baptized in mangosteen

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
use milquetoast in a sentence

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
cheetos, mountain dew, vapid oval office, comedy gold, fat, virgin, 5 just 5, radiohead, tool, stairs, goatse, mom's basement, poo poo your pants

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Repeatedly stare at goatse during your formative years.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
the dunning-krueger affect

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Eat one full Juggaloaf

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Eat one full Juggalo

you can parse him out over a few years like that one guy who slowly ate an entire car.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
You do not "become" a goon.
Goons are born goons, although it may take years, decades, for the goonism to arise from its dormancy and surface. Like a dam holding back a river, the mind tries to protect itself from the goongene but sooner or later it is overwhelmed.
When a goons protective barrier finally breaks, the results are often catastrophic. (i.e. spending 10 bucks on an account)

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
its pretty easy actually

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
You have to unironically j/o to microwaves mom

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I heard if you film yourself doing it while reading from a page of printed out microwave posts they make you a mod

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

i was bitten by a radioactive autist

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

Step 1. Watch Anime.
Step 2. Remember the 90s.
Step 3. Eschew humor for pedantry.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

who?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
A goon has to forcibly put their penis in a fledgling goons butt and mouth; that's the "goon handshake" and how one really gets the grenade next to their name

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

Kuato posted:

A goon has to forcibly put their penis in a fledgling goons butt and mouth; that's the "goon handshake" and how one really gets the grenade next to their name

this is only to moderate, hth

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Libelous Slander posted:

Step 1. Watch Anime.
Step 2. Remember the 90s.
Step 3. Eschew humor for pedantry.

You know what, I'm going to say it: With a handful of exceptions the 90s mostly sucked loving balls.

I don't know many people who can truly hate the iconic parts of the 60s. I liked the 70s OK. The 80s were rad on a few levels. The 2000s had some memorable stuff and honestly a lot holds up. The 90s was mostly a blur of gaudy colors and lukewarm hip hop. Again, a few exceptions here and there, but I think the 90s is one of the least interesting decades.. it lacked personality and the personality it had wasn't very good.

To be honest a lot of people go "80s nostalgia" is fully responsible for the 80s trend, except I've noticed a lot of people that are too young to have any nostalgia for it seem to even appreciate it more. Same with all the decades before it. We have lots of period movies but I honestly think very few things will bother to set themselves in the 90s in the future; like the only exception coming to mind is Better Call Saul and that seems to downplay the era.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Blazing Ownager posted:

You know what, I'm going to say it: With a handful of exceptions the 90s mostly sucked loving balls.

I don't know many people who can truly hate the iconic parts of the 60s. I liked the 70s OK. The 80s were rad on a few levels. The 2000s had some memorable stuff and honestly a lot holds up. The 90s was mostly a blur of gaudy colors and lukewarm hip hop. Again, a few exceptions here and there, but I think the 90s is one of the least interesting decades.. it lacked personality and the personality it had wasn't very good.

To be honest a lot of people go "80s nostalgia" is fully responsible for the 80s trend, except I've noticed a lot of people that are too young to have any nostalgia for it seem to even appreciate it more. Same with all the decades before it. We have lots of period movies but I honestly think very few things will bother to set themselves in the 90s in the future; like the only exception coming to mind is Better Call Saul and that seems to downplay the era.

better call saul is set in early 2000s

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Blazing Ownager posted:

To answer ur question OP, this is how

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
4000 calories a day

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
let the hate flow through you

everything else will come

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
:justpost:

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013
Be spergin' enough that you can grow a neckbeard without too much trouble.

Be self aware enough that you shave off the neckbeard and still get laid once in awhile.

That's at least the goon/life balance I've found. hth :)

Indubitable Leg fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Aug 4, 2015

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

Eat one full Juggaloaf

Sorry I don't know what a goon is but that's rad as hell

Aydjile
Oct 13, 2013

Survive Adapt Improve
hmm, interesting. does being gay helps?

TrickleDownPosting
Aug 4, 2015

Cantaloupe posted:

Sorry I don't know what a goon is but that's rad as hell

You realize that the bread was just painted with a stencil and not baked that way, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Eat one full Juggaloaf

I'd eat a Nonviolent PB&J off that

• Locked thread