Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
some sort of well-defined technical meaning, usually to justify why they don't go outside.

"no, you see, introverts aren't shy, they just lose their energy being around people so they need to stay in their basement to recharge"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
*beep boop* Social Batteries Expired

Must Return to Basement and Begin Recharging Process

*eats cheetos with chopsticks and jacks off to steven universe*

RECHARGING PROCESS COMPLETE

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

logical phalluses posted:

some sort of well-defined technical meaning, usually to justify why they don't go outside.

"no, you see, introverts aren't shy, they just lose their energy being around people so they need to stay in their basement to recharge"

I know someone who loves posting on social media about being an introvert, when really he's just an rear end in a top hat that's been hit with the 'tism stick multiple times.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ

Nooner posted:

*beep boop* Social Batteries Expired

Must Return to Basement and Begin Recharging Process

*eats cheetos with chopsticks and jacks off to steven universe*

RECHARGING PROCESS COMPLETE

same, but w/ pistachios

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

BigPoot posted:

I know someone who loves posting on social media about being an introvert, when really he's just an rear end in a top hat that's been hit with the 'tism stick multiple times.

Don't sign your posts.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Some people like to jump out of airplanes while on fire and also fighting a tiger.

Some people like books.

Neither is better, they're just different (actually books are better!!!)

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

dearest op, you are draining my social batteries with your nincompoop bullshit, im going home

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

logical phalluses posted:

I'm an introvert and my recharger is a dragon butt plug

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
i don't have enough spoons today sorry OP

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Darth123123 posted:

i don't have enough spoons today sorry OP

same except anime wall scrolls

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i smoke weed to recharge

it's like I'm popeye and the weed is my spinach

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Moridin920 posted:

i smoke weed to recharge

it's like I'm popeye and the weed is my spinach

smoke weed then hide in the fort i made behind the couch with its cushions to play phone games for 18 hours.

**RECHARGED**

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

sensible dissent dispenser
I'm an ambivert, so I'll go out with my friends but stay on my phone and shitpost the hole time

CheddarGoblin
Jan 12, 2005
oh
I have to stay in smoking weed, playing games and masturbating for 6 days before a 2 hour social interaction.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I don't like crowds.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Ironic that my only solace from the rigours of the humdrum cruelty of the outside world are my Nipponese* dating simulators.

Oh Kaori-chan, only you understand me~~~

*Nipponese means from Japan u silly baka (*v*)

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

curiously on the corpse.

the nicker posted:

I have to stay in smoking weed, playing games and masturbating for 6 days before a 2 hour social interaction.

this but unironically, except for the weed, which is ironic.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Coolie Ghost posted:

I'm an ambivert, so I'll go out with my friends but stay on my phone and shitpost the hole time

Should've ate those eggs.

Faux Mulder
Aug 1, 2014

just gonna do whatever I want to do, all the time

we had to come up with a scientific-sounding term for it because people kept loving bothering us about it. there's a whole subset of people who inexplicably cannot understand that some people like reading books in quiet places more than they like getting drunk in loud ones, or chatting about nothing important with some fuckwit for hours every goddamn week. And you fuckers get all offended for some reason when we tell you to gently caress off even for a little while, so congratulations, this is what you get, you're an 'extrovert' now because you weren't happy with "jesus christ, not this again, please go away and stop bothering me forever, it's not my fault you get terrified when you go without espousing all your groundbreaking inner thoughts to some other hapless idiot for longer than ten minutes, or that if there's too much silence you have to listen to your inner thoughts for one single second, which is presumably as loving soul-destroying to you as it would be to me, please just leave me the gently caress alone"

Faux Mulder fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Aug 4, 2015

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
At times, introverts will need to retreat to their lairs to update their Nixon-style enemies list.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
Personally I think it's ok to use the actual meaning of words to communicate thoughts, sentiments, reactions, etc. to people.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Just replace the word "introvert" with "antisocial rear end in a top hat" and suddenly their unique-snowflake rant turns into sobering self reflection. Try it at home, kids!

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
I don't like going for walks or going to the gym because I'm afraid skinny girls will make fun of me, those catty bitches!

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

curiously on the corpse.

Faux Mulder posted:

we had to come up with a scientific-sounding term for it because people kept loving bothering us about it. there's a whole subset of people who inexplicably cannot understand that some people like reading books in quiet places more than they like getting drunk in loud ones, or chatting about nothing important with some fuckwit for hours every goddamn week. And you fuckers get all offended for some reason when we tell you to gently caress off even for a little while, so congratulations, this is what you get, you're an 'extrovert' now because you weren't happy with "jesus christ, not this again, please go away and stop bothering me forever, it's not my fault you get terrified when you go without espousing all your groundbreaking inner thoughts to some other hapless idiot for longer than ten minutes, or that if there's too much silence you have to listen to your inner thoughts for one single second, which is presumably as loving soul-destroying to you as it would be to me, please just leave me the gently caress alone"

lol, trap sprung

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Faux Mulder posted:

we had to come up with a scientific-sounding term for it because people kept loving bothering us about it.

This was the original unedited version. Holy sperg. luv your title btw

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Faux Mulder posted:

same

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i'm more of a 360 mctwist revert

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

Faux Mulder posted:

this. THIS. THIS. THIOSSSSS

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

Faux Mulder posted:

so true man im always like listen frat boy poo poo head, have you ever read a book? probably not, unless they started putting books at the bottom of coors light bottles lmbo

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
My belly button is an introvert, OP.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

Faux Mulder posted:

hey what are some dope books and quiet places that youve found irl

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

hey what are some dope books and quiet places that youve found irl

ill start: the back of a really neat old barn

NOTE: you will need to bring your own lantern to see unless you have a kindle paperwhite

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
i don't find silence awkward
this makes me an rear end in a top hat

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i'm an inversely introverted extrovert

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

the nicker posted:

Same here

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

ill start: the back of a really neat old barn

NOTE: you will need to bring your own lantern to see unless you have a kindle paperwhite

have you ever tried the bottom of a grain silo, with the grain still in it. pretty serene down there and no dumb extroverts for sure

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Ghaz posted:

have you ever tried the bottom of a grain silo, with the grain still in it. pretty serene down there and no dumb extroverts for sure

I heard a thing on NPR about grain silos and how dangerous they are cause they send in kids to "walk down the grain" when it gets stuck and sometimes it like becomes a grain avalanche and they get sucked in and crushed to death and there was this one kid who was talking about how he was working with his friend and they were both only like 14 and his friend started to get stuck and he tried to save him but couldnt and almost got stuck himself andthen they had the dead kids mom and he was tlaking about how when they recovered her son's body he looked like a golfball from all the dimples from teh grain crushing him to death

it was really really sad ):

Faux Mulder
Aug 1, 2014

just gonna do whatever I want to do, all the time

the inconvenient truth is that when someone tells you they're an introvert it's because they're hoping you will go away

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Faux Mulder posted:

the inconvenient truth is that when someone tells you they're an introvert it's because they're hoping you will go away

I'm an introvert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Faux Mulder posted:

"Us"

• Locked thread