Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos
50% chance of male pattern baldness. Onset and severity are totally up in the air because they depend on multiple other genes and their expression, haven't got any signs yet, doesn't mean I'm in the clear. My brother has it though, sucks to be him I guess, but he's in the military so it doesn't matter so much.

1 in 32 I'm a carrier of cystic fibrosis. Super interesting and devastating disease, if I liked medicine I would have studied that. All it does is fucks with the transfer of chloride from one side of the cell membrane to the other (maybe more). Makes mucous way more sticky than it should be and possibly stops production of a vital anti-microbial chemical and that's the interesting part that's still being investigated. Anyway it's a very very bad gene and if I have one of those well I should be ok even though it feels like I'm on the edge of a cliff. I still have a good one to compensate, but if I screwed a chick who also had a bad one there's a 1/4 chance the kid would live, at best, a shortened life of continuous antibiotics and intensive lung work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread