Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Aralan posted:

haha oh yeah I forgot about that scene

i don't remember that either. what scene was that? that's pretty lol worthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
The doctor that let him through should be jailed as well with his "oh I love my retard biological child" bullshit. Very unethical.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Xaris posted:

i don't remember that either. what scene was that? that's pretty lol worthy

When he was giving a sample the doctor was all "nice dick, I wish my parents had ordered one like that for me"

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

op you can talk when you get your shins sawed in half to make you 2 inches taller, jerk

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot

Nooner posted:

I dont really remember this movie too much, I think we watched it in Biology class in like my sophomore year of highschool

Once you become a teacher you realize all the poo poo all of your old teachers did to get out of doing work. I just show my college class TED talks and stuff and collect a paycheck

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

POWERBALL posted:

Once you become a teacher you realize all the poo poo all of your old teachers did to get out of doing work. I just show my college class TED talks and stuff and collect a paycheck

Recognizing that you are someone who has to deal with teenagers/early20 all day, I full support you in this

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N

POWERBALL posted:

As a fellow teacher I can confirm this. We have a departmental copy of GATTACA that basically travels from one biology room to the next beginning the week after April vacation.

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster
it's bad writing to not show the dick to the audience

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Pththya-lyi posted:

E: An example of the TV adaptations was one about this old woman who hired a doctor to keep her alive through her old age. The treatments leave her only a head hooked up to machinery, and she wants to die, but the doctor is greedy and is keeping her alive against her wishes for the money she promised him. Ring a bell for anybody?

That sounds awesome, someone needs to find this.

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

Applewhite posted:

The so called "hero" endangered the lives of his fellow astronauts and put the entire Mars mission at risk with his little stunt.

What happens when that bum ticker of his finally gives out a million miles out from Earth, huh?

How did he smuggle a two year supply of saline solution for his contact lenses onto the ship?

Vincent Freeman was a criminal who deserved to be caught and punished.

i will catch and punish him

severely

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

king salmon posted:

it's bad writing to not show the dick to the audience

"Show don't tell." It's like the first rule.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

boom boom boom posted:

They specifically mention that he has a huge cock, moron

He used a fake to pass the (DNA?) piss tests.
Totally a real thing that exists to cheat at drug tests.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Pththya-lyi posted:

E: An example of the TV adaptations was one about this old woman who hired a doctor to keep her alive through her old age. The treatments leave her only a head hooked up to machinery, and she wants to die, but the doctor is greedy and is keeping her alive against her wishes for the money she promised him. Ring a bell for anybody?

Found it! It's Kurt Vonnegut's Fortitude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNNSQWw81rk

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

ghetto wormhole posted:

Did u know that the name GATTACA is a reference to a nucleotide sequence? Pretty cool huh!

As codons utilize a triplet system, there's the wrong number of letters. How about calling the movie GATTACACA?

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009
Gattaca was a good movie

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Sir Nose posted:

As codons utilize a triplet system, there's the wrong number of letters. How about calling the movie GATTACACA?

Gattaca is a cutting site for those things that cut your DNA or something. that's how they insert those penis enlargement genes into your genome. you would know that if you hadn't spend all your time in school watching movies :thurman:

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
A system of continuous discrimination under the excuse of security. A retro-styled nation that seems to fetishize the early twentieth century. An active and successful space program?

Whew, disaster averted, nothing to worry about here.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

The Protagonist posted:

what do tall, beautiful, healthy and well endowed people have to feel smug about if everyone is that way?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8I9pYCl9AQ

olympic athletes describe the village as "high school except everyone is hot" and its a free-for-all fuckfest

so yeah no fatties is a universal positive

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

I was just about to say, I've only played the video game.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

I'm the first moth to dive down at you.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
a good trick is to let one ship get captured, then get it back with your next guy and then you're like, a double ship

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

The Protagonist posted:

in the movie GATTACA how come they had really powerful and fast dna analysis but screens and electronics too lovely to make for a clear id pic

how come they had to draw blood every time at the turnstiles when it was clear dead skin or any other poo poo would suffice

abble how come

You dumb bab! What would stop some inferior specimen from painstakingly collecting dead skin and stuff from some real Alpha's private office bathroom or whatever that he was assigned to clean, and coating his entire body in it by rolling around in it like a chinchilla?

Some uppity low-breed, covered in a fine dust of somebody who is objectively better than him in every measurable capacity :monocle:

HollywoodDialysis
Jan 19, 2005

not doing nothing
Grimey Drawer

Nooner posted:

I dont really remember this movie too much, I think we watched it in Biology class in like my sophomore year of highschool

Oh wow, San Mateo High, Nooner?

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

waitwhatno posted:

Gattaca is a cutting site for those things that cut your DNA or something. that's how they insert those penis enlargement genes into your genome. you would know that if you hadn't spend all your time in school watching movies :thurman:

Nah, the restriction sites that restriction endonucleases bind to are palindromic with their complementary strand. That's impossible with the sequence GATTACA.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Sir Nose posted:

Nah, the restriction sites that restriction endonucleases bind to are palindromic with their complementary strand. That's impossible with the sequence GATTACA.

I have spend countless seconds reading the wikipedia article on this subject, anyway, and the very first paragraph says that not all of them are palindromic, and so on. Further, there are thousand of them already known, anyway, and there as only like 4^7 possible combinations possible, and so on. Chances are very good that gattaca is on already discovered or one that will be discovered soon. In conclusion.

PsionicAnt
Jul 16, 2001
the last physical DVDs I ever bought were a two pack of GATTACA and the Fifth Element and I haven't needed another movie since

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
It's like the matrix. Like what if you have to take a poo poo while you're hooked in? They obviously should hook in while sitting on a toilet. Definitely unrealistic, bad movie

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ROFLburger posted:

It's like the matrix. Like what if you have to take a poo poo while you're hooked in? They obviously should hook in while sitting on a toilet. Definitely unrealistic, bad movie

you just poo poo yourself that's why there's 2 handlers

one sits on the computer talking to you and the other is the bitch

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

ROFLburger posted:

you know how to jack into the matrix it shows them ramming the thing into their skull? You think THAT'S why Neo made that surprise face the first time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

waitwhatno posted:

I have spend countless seconds reading the wikipedia article on this subject, anyway, and the very first paragraph says that not all of them are palindromic, and so on. Further, there are thousand of them already known, anyway, and there as only like 4^7 possible combinations possible, and so on. Chances are very good that gattaca is on already discovered or one that will be discovered soon. In conclusion.

Yep sure whatever you say, professor

• Locked thread