Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
My wife (A Brazilian Jew that grew up in Brazil and didn't move to the US till her late teens) Ask me last night while watching Bessie (The story of legendary blues performer, Bessie Smith, who rose to fame during the 1920s and '30s.) "Did the north or south have slaves?" I replied the south did mainly the north had some. Then she asked "Why did black people stay in the south after the civil war" At this point I really didn't no what to say other than, well they didn't all just get up and move from where they knew home to be.

I spoke with a co worker that also as a foreign wife and we started to share stories of odd things our foreign wives say.

Anyone else have a foreign spouse that just has the what the gently caress did they just ask me moments?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
My foreign wife asks me stuff all the time but I don't speak ukrainian so

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
"wow nooner, how is your dick so big and nice and I love that you are circumcised also you are the best my love"

Heh, women ...

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Sounds like you married an idiot with no critical thinking skills, good work OP

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
my foreign wife said "sucky sucky five dorra" to me last night, and I was all like "wtf, wife?"

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Uziduke posted:

My wife (A Brazilian Jew that grew up in Brazil and didn't move to the US till her late teens) Ask me last night while watching Bessie (The story of legendary blues performer, Bessie Smith, who rose to fame during the 1920s and '30s.) "Did the north or south have slaves?" I replied the south did mainly the north had some. Then she asked "Why did black people stay in the south after the civil war" At this point I really didn't no what to say other than, well they didn't all just get up and move from where they knew home to be.

I spoke with a co worker that also as a foreign wife and we started to share stories of odd things our foreign wives say.

Anyone else have a foreign spouse that just has the what the gently caress did they just ask me moments?

my wife isn't an alien but these seem like rational questions imo

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
my wife is canadian and didn't know what rissoles were :(

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Because the filthy Irish and Italians washed up on our shores about the same time and took all the jobs in the north.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
My wife is German by way of Panama, OP.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

what is his name?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
My waifu sometimes asks why we have pizza and milk for every meal, always with this disappointed look.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Applewhite posted:

That's after they widened the canal, right?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

That's after they widened the canal, right?

:drat:

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
It wasn't overnight but The Great Migration.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Uziduke posted:

well to be honest op what do you know about brazilian history or any other countrys history for that matter?

i bet you dont know a hell of a lot about any history before a hundred years ago or however recently your little country was founded and well guess what, thats not when time began and you are not the only country in the world nor should everyone be expected to give a drat about your countrys petty little squabbles that you may or may not have had

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
op what can you tell me about the Federalist Riograndense Revolution of 1893?

didnt think so...

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
All anyone needs to know about Brazil is that it's not America, and therefore not worth learning about

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake

Shirley Crabtree posted:

op what can you tell me about the Federalist Riograndense Revolution of 1893?

didnt think so...

My wife is from Rio Grande do Sul, I wonder if she even knows. I will ask her.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Clipperton posted:

my wife is canadian and didn't know what rissoles were :(

do you know what a "dickie dee man" is ?

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Shirley Crabtree posted:

you are not the only country in the world

yes we are

well the only country that matters anyway

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster
probably because the north was full of racists

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Shirley Crabtree posted:

well to be honest op what do you know about brazilian history or any other countrys history for that matter?

i bet you dont know a hell of a lot about any history before a hundred years ago or however recently your little country was founded and well guess what, thats not when time began and you are not the only country in the world nor should everyone be expected to give a drat about your countrys petty little squabbles that you may or may not have had

You seem like a dick

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

king salmon posted:

probably because the north was full of racists

and former slaves probably didnt have a whole lot of travelin money

mrhotdogvendor
May 28, 2006
very tired hispanic

Hector Beerlioz posted:

My waifu sometimes asks why we have pizza and milk for every meal, always with this disappointed look.

I get this reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

poopzilla posted:

and former slaves probably didnt have a whole lot of travelin money

Literally everything they had, right down to their clothes on their backs, belonged to their former owners. And the terms they were offered after slavery, employment to their former masters, were virtually identical to slavery - they got just enough cash to buy the food they themselves grew, on their "employer's" land, just enough to eat, with nothing left over.

Sherman burnt a hell of a lot, but he burned out too early. Maybe he should have burned it all to the ground?

• Locked thread