Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
yes, if you're a gormless loving moron who just jams enter during installation processes as fast as you loving can without reading anything you're well and truly hosed re: privacy with windows 10

but then you're hosed anyway because your computer already probably has a decade-old working version of bonzi buddy still installed because you're a gormless loving moron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Windows 10 forces users to have automatic updates all the time, and you can't pick and choose. gently caress that.

this, however, is retarded because windows updates are all too often themselves broken

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

a 10$ word I bust out for special occasions :tipshat:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

the jokes on you: I added MH370 to the list of news items I want Cortana to update me on periodically; soon I will steal your place as resident GBS MH370 expert :twisted:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
my biggest beef with windows 10 so far is that I was in the middle of working on something with music playing when the loving superfetch optimization service decided to kick in, locking the machine up for five minutes and making the music slur; I thought the loving processor had just melted down :argh:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

ThaGrandCow posted:

They're basically giving it away to everyone, even pirates if you signed up for the beta test, so they can get the sweet appstore cut.

when are these chucklefucks going to realize people put up with windows' poo poo expressly because they dont want some central app store controlling what they can and cant install

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

RaDaMaNt posted:

Is this the worst windows yet?

no, but, it's not much better than 7. its biggest improvement is "copy paste into cmd.exe" and "pretty graphs on file copy dialogs." cortana is an interesting gimmick but pretty transparently about datamining over anything else

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Parallax Scroll posted:

wait does it not let you install programs that don't come from the app store or something?

no but thats obviously the direction they want to go, so goddam badly; they sliced the salami too thick on windows 8 and had to be more subtle this time, hence Metro Start Menu

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Dongattack posted:

it turns everything back on when you windows update/a couple of hours pass

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

I keep uninstalling Metro Solitaire and updates keep reinstalling it

For gently caress's sake Microsoft, no means no!!!!

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
Lol if you're such a self-hating beta cucklord you think your privacy isn't worth preserving.

edit: ah, limey, should have figured

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
reversi more like REMORTGAGE

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Crash_N_Burn posted:

Look at you, Hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you browse xtube on Thursday, August 6, 2015.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
use opera 12 with windows 10 to confuse the ever-loving poo poo out of cortana (and everyone else)

• Locked thread