Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which sweetie is best
dolly mixture
jelly babies
liquorice allsorts
fish & chips
fizzy bubblegum bottles
fizzy cola bottles
flying saucers
foam bananas
foam mushrooms
fried eggs
friendship rings
giant pink and white mice
jazzies
jelly snakes
juicy lips
milk gums
pear drops
pineapple cubes
rhubarb and custard
sherbert lemons
shrimps
sweet peanuts
wine gums
View Results

• Locked thread
Astroduck
Aug 30, 2006

It's flying saucers or pear drops, but I'm just not prepared to make a commitment either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Astroduck posted:

It's flying saucers or pear drops, but I'm just not prepared to make a commitment either way.

aren't flying saucers just styrofoam filled w sugar packets someone lifted frum second cup?

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
were are the sour patch kids? what kind of hellish country are you from OP?

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
Wine Gums and Fizzy Cola Bottles.

texaholic posted:

lol, just lol if you don't get your sweeties imported from the UK at all times

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I would like an explanation for Circus peanuts.

Let's start with the fact that it is called and shaped like a peanut. It's bright orange, spongy in texture and finally it's banana flavored.

None of this makes any sort of loving sense.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

VendaGoat posted:

Let's start with the fact that it is called and shaped like a peanut. It's bright orange, spongy in texture and finally it's banana flavored.

These are a holdover from when peanuts were an exotic and foreign food, so people didn't know better.

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Ape Fist posted:

lol, just lol if you don't get your sweeties imported from the UK at all times

The best sweets have vaguely sinister names like that. Names that imply that they contain human body parts, or even better those that are made of babies. It's got a Victorian-Dickensonian-Old England feel to it, like maybe once upon a time they really did contain unethical ingredients. Did you ever do that thing in primary school where you go up to the girl who loves horses, give her some jelly to eat, and then when she's half way through it tell her that jelly is made out of horses' hooves? It's a bit like that.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

IronClaymore posted:

The best sweets have vaguely sinister names like that. Names that imply that they contain human body parts, or even better those that are made of babies. It's got a Victorian-Dickensonian-Old England feel to it, like maybe once upon a time they really did contain unethical ingredients. Did you ever do that thing in primary school where you go up to the girl who loves horses, give her some jelly to eat, and then when she's half way through it tell her that jelly is made out of horses' hooves? It's a bit like that.

Yeah that was my sister. And dog food too was always a joy to talk about.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Phoon posted:

parma violets are amazing

:agreed:

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

thats not right!!! :argh:

Clemocracy
Jul 21, 2015

by Ralp
lol if your candy isnt handmade in england by a pikey fellow with poopy hands

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

texaholic posted:

Yeah, those are the best gummy candy. Anything covered in a layer of citric acid, really.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
wine gum chat:

they are really great except for the green ones which are poison

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
sry i only eat candy for non poors. if it wasnt grown by nestle slave labor i dont want it.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Shirley Crabtree posted:

wine gum chat:

they are really great except for the green ones which are poison

get hosed

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Which one is best to eat after a heaping spoonful of cod liver oil medicine?

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Which one is best to eat after a heaping spoonful of cod liver oil medicine?

the red and the black ones are the best at any time, same rule applies with jelly babies, orange are meh and yellow are not great but at least theyre not as poo poo as the greens

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

VendaGoat posted:

every once in a while I like want to eat these things but after I eat approximately 3 I'm like "this was a mistake"

yet I am tricked time and time again

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Look...

I hate to be that guy...

But literally almost any American candy is better is better than every option here.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Monkey Fracas posted:

every once in a while I like want to eat these things but after I eat approximately 3 I'm like "this was a mistake"

yet I am tricked time and time again

Candy corn. Or those loving Candy pumpkins that are the same poo poo just mushed into a loving pumpkin mold.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Amarcarts posted:

Look...

I hate to be that guy...

But literally almost any American candy is better is better than every option here.

gently caress right off, I wish the USA had candy half that interesting. Any time a stores opens like "Fagguette Q. Dinglehopper's Old Tyme Candee Shoppe" it closes down a week later because Americans have absolutely no imagination or taste.

I have to go out of my way to some international food market and dig through all the dried squid and packets of weird sauces to find decent candy.

e: calling candies "sweeties" though is really stupid and sounds like baby talk

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

King Vidiot posted:

gently caress right off, I wish the USA had candy half that interesting. Any time a stores opens like "Fagguette Q. Dinglehopper's Old Tyme Candee Shoppe" it closes down a week later because Americans have absolutely no imagination or taste.

I have to go out of my way to some international food market and dig through all the dried squid and packets of weird sauces to find decent candy.

e: calling candies "sweeties" though is really stupid and sounds like baby talk

You are an adult, candy should be a novelty at best in your life. You shouldn't be going on missions to find poo poo to help lure children to your loving van.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
lol if you taste them instead of injecting straight to your bunghole

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
*in sean bean voice* No bloody comms, no decent maps, no bloody backup. They can't even get the weather right. And all my sweets are green. Green for Christ's sake! I hate bloody green.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Just going to come out and say it: sweeties has to be the goofiest, child like name I've ever heard for candy. Yet hearing adults use it just rubs me the wrong way.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

how does jazzies have so many votes, the chocolate for them is poo poo

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
jawbreakers

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
jazzies are freckles in australia, and freckles are poo poo.

i voted for sherbet lemons but i really meant to vote for fizzy coke bottles. runts, warheads and eucalyptus drops are also pretty bomb.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

It was between fizzy cola bottles and jazzies for me, because jazzies look like the German chocolates I always get around Christmas.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
gently caress I voted for cola bottles before looking at the pictures but I want to change my vote to flying saucers cause they look so good

Fluo
May 25, 2007

frenton posted:

gently caress I voted for cola bottles before looking at the pictures but I want to change my vote to flying saucers cause they look so good

flying saucers are sugar paper with sugar inside, it's like chewing styrofoam and cardboard :(

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Fluo posted:

flying saucers are sugar paper with sugar inside, it's like chewing styrofoam and cardboard :(

Oh :( In the picture they look like lemon drops, a great candy, but in more flavors than lemon.

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010
I like gummy frogs :)

Bigchops
Mar 13, 2005
Biggus Choppus
Motherfukkin peach rings.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
fizzy cola bottles from the british import section of the grocery store (in canada)

that poo poo is so loving divine. Like loving wow. YUM. I want to get some tomorrow!

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman

Shirley Crabtree posted:

the red and the black ones are the best at any time, same rule applies with jelly babies, orange are meh and yellow are not great but at least theyre not as poo poo as the greens

pro info: the black ones are just the result of all the other flavors combined in the production process

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
Your poll has no option for orange slices, voted 1

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
going to go fizzy cola bottles but decided to chose the superior wine gums.

Allens (australian lollies) decided to stop making green frogs the other month, red frog outsold them 10 to 1.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
sometimes i get a craving for sweeties, and there's so much choice, but I always end up just buying a packet of tangfastics because tangfastics are pretty loving awesome

also are Freddo's 20p these days? this is an outrage

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Aug 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Wicker Man posted:

Just going to come out and say it: sweeties has to be the goofiest, child like name I've ever heard for candy. Yet hearing adults use it just rubs me the wrong way.

ur a sweetie ;-*

• Locked thread