Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Let's Finish?

About a year ago, more or less, I was doing an Emperor's New Groove LP for the Disney Games Megathread. Unfortunately during the LP, my Youtube account had received two copyright strikes and in an effort to keep a hold on my account, I bowed out of LPing and deleted everything on my channel. I did however keep most of my finished videos on my video editing hard drive for when I decided I wanted to get back into it. ENG even though incomplete was on of the sets I kept.

Are you still 100% the game?

Yes and No. I am playing off the same file that I was using for the Disney thread... that I had already finished 100%ing when I was gathering the footage. Since I didn't keep any of the unedited footage from the first run I had to record more. In an effort to get back to this sooner (and keep my sanity because gently caress 100%ing all the auto scroll levels again) I will not be going out of my way to 100% the levels in the videos. I will however still be showing off all the secrets and if I can point out where any coins I missed during recording are. Really though I believe this only applies to about 3 or 4 levels overall

The audio/video/editing mistake in one of the episodes between 1 and 17 is still present.
As stated before, I no longer have any of the unedited footage for the episodes that were (or were going to be) posted in the Disney thread. So things I know of like Aces audio being a little hard to hear in episode one of the Credits caption that scrolls on the screen at the beginning of Episode 6 I can't do anything about outside of scraping everything and starting over.

Aces High will still be Co-commentator for this LP

Episodes:
Chapter 1-1 Village
Chapter 1-2 Village
Chapter 1-3 Village
Chapter 1-4 Village
Chapter 2-1 Jungle Night
Chapter 2-2 Jungle Night
Chapter 2-3 Jungle Night
Chapter 3-1 River
Chapter 3-2 River
Chapter 3-3 River
Chapter 3-4 River
Chapter 4-1 Jungle Day
Chapter 4-2 Jungle Day
Chapter 4-3 Jungle Day
Chapter 5-1 Mountain (This was the last video posted in the Disney Games Thread before my account purge)
Chapter 5-2 Mountain
Chapter 5-3 Mountain (This was that last video completed before the purge. everything from here is new)
Chapter 6-1 City
Chapter 6-2 City
Chapter 6-3 City
Chapters 7-1 &7-2 Catacombs
Chapters 7-3, 7-4 & 7-5 Catacombs
Chapter 8-1 Lab
Chapters 8-2 & 8-3 Lab
Chapter 8-4 Lab
Chapter 8-5 Lab

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Oct 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
*reserved*

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
Awwwww hell yes :allears: I missed seeing this trainwreck, out of all the LPs from the Disney Games thread this was the one I most regretted not seeing finished for reasons.

Glad to see you back with this dude. :)

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Huh, I was thinking about this LP for a moment a couple of days ago. Clearly I am the true reason it has arisen.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

oh wow, I had forgotten how many finished videos we had before your account got hit

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
:siren:Update:siren:

Chapter 5-2 Mountain

This video was completed before the purge but never got uploaded.

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Sep 19, 2015

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Chapter 5-3 Mountain

This was the last video that got finished before I ended up quitting. Everything after this is new.

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Sep 19, 2015

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

This thread is too quiet. I loved this movie and I'm going to be following until the end.

Let's bring a little Yzma in the thread to remember the fun.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
In case anyone from the old Edutainment Megathread is also reading this, I have started to do a stream playthrough of Jump Start 3rd Grade on my hitbox channel here:

https://hitbox.tv/mateo360

I have done three streams so far and they are saved on the channel for rewatching. They will also eventually be put up on youtube as well. No set schedule to when I record but it will mostly be at night after about 8pm PST/11 EST when other people I co-com with aren't streaming. ANother way is to follow my twitter @mateo360 which will post when I start streaming.

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Aug 17, 2015

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Chapter 6-1 City

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Sep 19, 2015

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

alright everyone, time for the "up to date" updates :v:

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Chapter 6-2 City

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Sep 19, 2015

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
The thing with Looney Tunes is that the "villains*" tend to get the Darwin Awards more often than the "heroes*".

*I say heroes and villains in quotation marks since the Looney Tunes cast in general are assholes, just for different reasons depending on the cartoon.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I just want to say that your videos are good, and you are good, please continue them.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Chimera-gui posted:

*I say heroes and villains in quotation marks since the Looney Tunes cast in general are assholes, just for different reasons depending on the cartoon.

all Wile E. wants to do is catch Road Runner but that rear end in a top hat always runs away :v:

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Chapter 6-3 City

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Sep 19, 2015

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008
Wait, why are there peacocks in the Americas?

Edit: I counted 18 leaps and 8 time outs for the bunny punting.

Major_JF fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Sep 5, 2015

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

because they are colourful and work with the aesthetic?

I mean, it's Disney, I remember people giving them poo poo because there was a moose in Pocahontas

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008
On the side of the moose it could have gotten lost. But, I see your point.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Ferngully went for ecosystemic realism. Look how that turned out.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Chapters 7-1 & 7-2 Catacombs

Simultaneously my favorite and lest favorite levels in the game.

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Sep 19, 2015

Rhiodise
Feb 22, 2013
Man, that whole rainbow road roller-coaster segment doesn't look very enjoyable. The real tragedy though is that they gave us all of this and no lever gag. For shame tie-in game, for shame :(

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

I was waiting the whole LP for the lever gag.

:(

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Chapters 7-3, 7-4 & 7-5 Catacombs

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Sep 19, 2015

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Chapter 8-1 Lab

Two things I want to mention now.

1) I have got my original channel back up with Star Trek Bridge Commander, The 16-bit Mighty Morphin Power Rangers games, and Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm all up and ready to watch. All future videos will be uploaded to this channel instead of the back up I was using up till now.

2) I have started a LP for the Bad Games Megathread of Seven Samurai 20XX. Go check it out if you get the chance.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
When I rented his game as a kid, I distinctly remember the lab levels using a different animal for each level. Am I remembering that wrong or is that actually the case?

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
the next two have different animals. The last two we will be the llama again.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

mateo360 posted:

the next two have different animals. The last two we will be the llama again.

Okay, I remembered the animal order being llama -> rabbit -> either turtle or frog -> whatever we didn't turn into in the previous level -> llama again.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Chapters 8-2 & 8-3 Lab

Hyperman1992
Jul 18, 2013

Is that the first time Kronk shows up in the game?

If so, that is criminal

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Hyperman1992 posted:

Is that the first time Kronk shows up in the game?

If so, that is criminal

No, he has been in the game a few times. We raced him the first time we were a turtle in the village.

Hyperman1992
Jul 18, 2013

mateo360 posted:

No, he has been in the game a few times. We raced him the first time we were a turtle in the village.

Oh yes, that's right. I forgot all about that.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

don't worry, everyone forgets :v:

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Chapter 8-4 Lab

Only one more episode after this and we are done with the game.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Now either this level or the next one was the point where I had to return the copy of the game I played.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Oct 9, 2015

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

you got to the penultimate level and then gave up? I woulda thought the platforming from before would've done it, the side-scrolling stuff actually worked better

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Aces High posted:

you got to the penultimate level and then gave up? I woulda thought the platforming from before would've done it, the side-scrolling stuff actually worked better

Not so much gave up as simply ran outta time. Like I said, it was a rental from Blockbuster and the day I got to the lab was also the last day before it was to be returned.

Ape Escape was the same way, I got to the future level set before it had to be returned.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Oct 9, 2015

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
:siren:FINAL UPDATE:siren:

Chapter 8-5 Lab

And with that. I am finally done with this game. I'm Free at last.

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008
Congrats on finishing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

the demon has been excised.

In this case that demon would probably be Yzma, not Kronk's Shoulder-Devil :v:

• Locked thread