Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hooray! New thread, non-bad-joke title. I'm just gonna migrate my other posts over here because I'm too lazy to come up with anything new to say tonight.

I've had the manga on my reading list forever but hadn't got around to it so when the anime was announced I decided to watch it instead and so far that has been a good choice because the show is quite pretty. It's nice to have a story with a fantasy setting where the plot doesn't revolve around saving the world and/or kingdom. I like the romance but I'm also OK with it being a slice of life with Shirayuki figuring out her place in her new home.

Re: tonight's ep -- I like how this show takes the non-melodramatic option: Something's wrong with Shirayuki!? Instead of collapsing or being super ill she just needs to take a nap haha.
I'm also liking the relationship pace so far. Like nothing has been explicitly said yet but they don't really need to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nondevor posted:

Obi is a pretty cool dude at least.

Yeah he is much less obnoxious than I was afraid he was gonna be at first.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hahaha that reaction in the garden :lol:

Zen is very cute in this episode :3:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Raenir Salazar posted:

I like how the named characters in the show aren't really evil; Raj's whims in the first episode are awful and could have been much worse for Shirayuki in a darker work but you can see how in this episode there maybe is some hope for him to live up to Shirayuki's expectations.

I was thinking about that watching the last episode. Even the characters who are initially set up as antagonistic are relatable -- I ended up liking the older prince quite a bit once he had more development.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
When this show decides to have some violence it doesn't gently caress around. :stare:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

they kissed!

Puts it way above all sorts of other anime

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
ahhh that was so good :kimchi:

Zen and Shirayuki were both super cute in this one. I know the thing that keeps being said about this is it looks like a Disney or Ghibli movie but the forest scene was way too pretty for a regular tv show.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Well at least one show this season had a good last episode.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gotta remember to watch that OAD that's getting bundled with the manga, too. I don't remember when it was supposed to be out though, maybe January as well?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Obi and Ryu had a really cute big brother/little brother thing going :3:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

nielsm posted:

Heh, I see prince Raj is in fact the obligatory tsundere character.

jeez how are they so cute :3:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm shocked if that's a surprise to anyone

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
This show is very easy to marathon, I thought it would take me longer to catch up but I've watched 5 episodes tonight and may keep going til I run out.

e: I'm doing it, going to catch up tonight. Ep. 21 was pretty great all around, it was nice to watch them goof on each other after all that pirate stuff and the bath scenes were nice
watching 22 now -- ahhh a good big bro in the end :3:

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Mar 15, 2016

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
ahhh that was a nice finale, very sparkly :3:

Did the anime skip anything important in the manga or can I jump in where it leaves off without missing anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
cool, gonna start reading it then

• Locked thread