Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS

Klades posted:

##save the doughnuts

The other game I'm in is probably going to end shortly and horrifically.

I don't know what you're talking about.

##save the doughnuts

You might want to get this moved to the Game Room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Felix Gaeta please

##draw 1 POL 1 LEA 1 ENG

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##confirm loyalty

Lt. Gaeta reporting in, ready to shout DRADIS CONTACT at every opportunity!

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Gravy Train Robber posted:

##confirm loyalty

Going to just say I'm about as useful as a wet paper bag. Planning on heading to Colonial One on my turn

I don't get it, how is Gaius Baltar different than a wet paper bag again?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

I've been out of the game for a while, but it seems like unnecessary XOs before we get a handle on folk is still a bad idea? I'm not being accusatory I just don't know how much the rationale has changed recently.

In general you're probably right, but that would be a hell of cylon play to soft reveal on turn 1.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I can help a fair amount, but I agree mutiny is so bad this early, and I would like to hang on to the card I have if possible.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
BSG edit: Mutiny isn't so bad this early*

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Should we choose the Mutiny option, I think I might be the best choice for the second card since I'm not much more than an XO/Scout bot right now. Me getting Brig'd would not be the end of the world.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Uhh, I mean XO/Scout human, red-blooded colonial. Not bot.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

I forgot how fun this is. :psylon:

But no, I'm afraid I'm not your enemy. I'm not sold that the best strategy is to just feed XOs on the first round of actions. I took the least immediately useful card in my hand to move into a position to better utilize my title. And you'll have to trust that I wouldn't blindly discard an XO if I didn't have to.

Well there's one way to guarantee your loyalty. :getin:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Okay, feeling a lot more useful to the crew now and can help out in the future.

We're all truly thrilled by this revelation from our most esteemed robbit President.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Hmm... HMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

I mean Gaius is suspicious but it might possibly be a bit early to start executing people based on that, and morale is valuable in no sympathizer.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##draw 1 POL 1 LEA

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
If that's what we want to do, but remember if it rolls badly and Baltar is actually not a Cylon, we lose not one but two morale.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I really don't think we should risk 2 morale in no sympathizer, but maybe you guys think differently.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Toshimo posted:

I know we don't enforce Turn Order, but that's hardly Fair Play. He's the current player and would play last, on paper, no?

Thats why he said to wait until we find out how much Baltar can play, aka wait till he chimes in on what he has available.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##0

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Podima posted:

The only change between Cocks and my ongoing games is that I combine all pilots' Raider shooting, while he doesn't. But both games only have one pilot, so v:v:v

At least one of these games is going to have no pilot when sleeper phase hits, that will be interesting to watch.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Attention all decks, set condition 1 throughout ship, I repeat, set condition 1 throughout the ship!

And don't worry Romo, I'll probably be hanging out in Communications or Command for most of the game.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I really hope that Crisis you left us did not have heavy activation on it.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Podima posted:

:siren: Important correction - Heavy Raiders have a component limitation of 4. Thus, only 1 Heavy Raider jumps into BRAVO. :siren:

Technically this should be the current player's decision, as far as what jumps into where.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
If the Heavy in foxtrot gets through we are going to have to jump before we can deal with it, since we, you know, through the President in the Brig.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I can only help a very small amount.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##draw LEA then if XO is what we want.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##move to Communications
##play LEA-1 XO on Adama

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##play 2 high

Almost can pass it by myself but need a high card or two to guarantee, we can't keep bleeding morale.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I think we have this, its only 9.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I blow this Crisis out of the water, but it would cost me two good cards to save the Admiral's three. Do you think its worth it fits?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
BSG edit: I can blow this check out of the water. My fingers move faster than my brain.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##play 0 then, you should be able to hit partial with a bit of help from Toshimo.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I guess it was a good check to dump TRE wasn't it, oh well.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I'm thinking we should have someone other than the Admiral scout the destination deck sometime this cycle.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

fits posted:

With a three LEA draw I kinda figured I would have drawn a spare! :argh:

Or a scout, conveniently.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
XO me and we won't have to deal with toaster admiral anymore.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I have some good cards for Brig checks as well, and that's probably the best route.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
We are not short on repairs.

##0

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Cocks Cable posted:

Pander, Friction.123, Toshimo, come on...please chime in here! I can't be alone in thinking this.

I'd love to chime in, but from where I sit there's just too many unknowns. Any execution risks both a shitload of cards and a morale, which we don't have as much of in no sympathizer.

1) El Presidente is obviously suspicious after his "I don't believe in early XO" turn, and I'm happy to let him sit in the Brig and do things from there since I don't trust him with the Quorum deck (or at least with getting LOTS of quorum cards via the office).

2) The Admiral of course after a series of "unfortunate" events, but as pointed out blowing up a basestar is inconsistent so either he's playing a really long game or isn't (yet) a cylon.

3) The CAG, sorry buddy but you are out for blood like crazy this game and its a bit suspicious in and of itself

None of these things are enough to "prove" anything, at least not enough to risk a morale and buttload of cards.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##preload draw 1 POL 1 LEA

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I assume we want an "optimal" 2 distance card at this point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Pander posted:

Xo me, I'll handle fixing some vipers and scouting.

Engine Room is more useful right now I think.

• Locked thread