Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fun hater posted:

My comic got added to Hiveworks! :buddy: I'm really excited.

congrats, your comic owns, as does your new(?) username

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Worst thing is his announcement that it'll get released in print. It's a horrible wreck that I just can't look away from, even if it is just setups for more filth.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You can only weaponize cum so many times in one comic!

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

fun hater posted:

Hey, congratulations!

neogeo0823 posted:

I should definitely stop reading it at work, that's for drat sure.

I think this whole scene is kinda just there to poo poocumfart in the face of anyone who, like me, got bored of the comic but kept reading on for whatever reason. Once again, I feel like I want this to just skip to the end so I can see who dies and move on.

At least it's the most "fun" Jimmie's had in like 200 years?

I'm sure that someone will mention in this thread when it's over, if you actually want to do that.

nimby posted:

Worst thing is his announcement that it'll get released in print. It's a horrible wreck that I just can't look away from, even if it is just setups for more filth.

I actually saw a print volume of it in a comic store a few days ago, so I'm a bit confused. Maybe it was someone selling one of those handmade booklets he was talking about.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Sleepless Domain: I like Gewn. I hope she emerges from the inevitable train-wreck that will be the next fight relatively unscaved...

That'd be nice.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 19, 2015

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Monster Pulse: "we experienced many traumatic events together, but it was still cool and stuff" could be the comic's tagline.

skullamity
Nov 9, 2004

fun hater posted:

Welcome, Hiveworks buddy! I always miss new members arriving on the scene because using the skype chat immediately transforms me into the lest productive person in the universe.

ConanThe3rd posted:

Sleepless Domain: I like Gewn. I hope she emerges from the inevitable train-wreck that will be the next fight relatively unsaved.

That'd be nice.

I...I hope you mean 'unscathed' rather than 'unsaved'. :ohdear:

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

SynthOrange posted:

I honestly can't tell if this is a continuation of the previous fight (they just happened to posses a gay couple banging) or if they decided to just gently caress already and this is what their relationship looks like.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

:geno:

Well, I mean, I guess you could pronounce it like that. If you had some sort of horrific facial injury.

Still not sure what it has to do with the comic.

SynthOrange posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > Webcomics Thread 4: You can only weaponize cum so many times in one comic!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

raaaan posted:

I...I hope you mean 'unscathed' rather than 'unsaved'. :ohdear:

Yeah, I typoed. Sorry.

But who can hate this;

?

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Aug 19, 2015

Morbi
Aug 7, 2013

CONTRABAND

Oxxidation posted:

So I was reading through Poppy O'Possum again and some of the foreshadowing in this chapter was pretty nuts.

I mean, that giant boar that wrecked the place up got big because it was fed something "unnatural." And Valente showed up because he got a tipoff from some weird monk who giggles all the time. And I wonder where that weird hand got off to?

If you look carefully, the monk also had another appearance where they are suspiciously carrying a bug sprayer.
Thinking up all of the potential foreshadowing is probably one of the most fun things about being a writer.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

A cool foreshadowing trick is to go back through your early stuff and pick out some incidental detail or character you added and then hitch your idea to that, so it looks like you laid the groundwork years in advance when all you did was just scroll back.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Reiley posted:

A cool foreshadowing trick is to go back through your early stuff and pick out some incidental detail or character you added and then hitch your idea to that, so it looks like you laid the groundwork years in advance when all you did was just scroll back.

This is basically what Andrew Hussie does 100% of the time.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I mean the only other option is to plan out literally thousands of pages worth of work and narrative and that would just be silly!

And convoluted

And long

so long

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Here's a good writer's tip. Just write down whatever the invisible greco-thracian ghost babes tell you to write. Humans are empty vessels.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

readingatwork posted:

I honestly can't tell if this is a continuation of the previous fight (they just happened to posses a gay couple banging) or if they decided to just gently caress already and this is what their relationship looks like.

Unless you're using gay as an epithet, I'm pretty sure that's a heterosexual couple that they posessed.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

Unless you're using gay as an epithet, I'm pretty sure that's a heterosexual couple that they posessed.

I'm with him, actually, I think it's two men and not a man and a woman.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

khy posted:

I'm with him, actually, I think it's two men and not a man and a woman.

Look back a few pages. Shiga clearly draws a penis on Jimmy every chance he gets, and there's a scene where hunter is standing up where he/she has small breasts and nothing between the legs.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Poppy is a drat well put together comic. Foreshadowing here and there, and some extensive worldbuilding that doesn't get in the way and drag on.

Meanwhile, there's more family trouble in Badnix. Looks like Perry lost what little family he had when he was busy avenging his parents. Now all he has are his cold, lifeless, mountains of riches.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

SlothfulCobra posted:

Poppy is a drat well put together comic. Foreshadowing here and there, and some extensive worldbuilding that doesn't get in the way and drag on.

Meanwhile, there's more family trouble in Badnix. Looks like Perry lost what little family he had when he was busy avenging his parents. Now all he has are his cold, lifeless, mountains of riches.

Poppy is fun and I was re-reading it and I think this page might be my favorite thus far because I love it when she goes from full on caring-mother mode to "BLAME THE DRUNK FAKE NUN" in 0.2 seconds and that expression owns.

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006
Tom Preston has disappeared from Deviant Art. His presence on the internet is felt but not seen.

He is known to take new personas and projects. Indeed, the name "Tom Preston" is a pseudonym.

Is this his newest filth puddle?

Random Battles

It carries much of his stink - the all-female cast, lesbians, ugly same-face art with big white eyes and huge upper lips, the inability to express movement, flat humor, and characters more stock than a retail center's back room.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

why are people so fixated on that one lovely dude, he does not suck in an interesting way

abardam
Mar 1, 2015
I enjoyed this week's Junior Scientist Power Hour.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Plethora posted:

Tom Preston has disappeared from Deviant Art. His presence on the internet is felt but not seen.

He is known to take new personas and projects. Indeed, the name "Tom Preston" is a pseudonym.

Is this his newest filth puddle?

Random Battles

It carries much of his stink - the all-female cast, lesbians, ugly same-face art with big white eyes and huge upper lips, the inability to express movement, flat humor, and characters more stock than a retail center's back room.
Their Twitter account dates back to 2011 so... no? Don't be weird.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

I have no idea who Tom Preston is or why I should care.

Necropolis: It's a little sad to see this one run into problems so early on, but dang if these design notes aren't super interesting.

e:

The Meek: Uptight religious guy finally got interesting for me. (Is that Angora's grandfather we met there, do we think? It's been so long I can barely remember what he looked like.)

KOGAHAZAN!! fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Aug 20, 2015

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

If the man wants to wipe his slate clean and move on to something new, let him. Don't stalk him and insist he tell everyone his weird internet history like some kind of sex offender. So long as he's not making a massive rear end of himself, it's fine. That's the whole reason that there was that internet dogpile on him in the first place.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Plethora posted:

Tom Preston

Noone give a poo poo. Move on.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

SlothfulCobra posted:

If the man wants to wipe his slate clean and move on to something new, let him. Don't stalk him and insist he tell everyone his weird internet history like some kind of sex offender. So long as he's not making a massive rear end of himself, it's fine. That's the whole reason that there was that internet dogpile on him in the first place.

Yeah, honestly, I don't get why people continue to be obsessed with that guy.

(And the comic linked above probably isn't even him anyway)

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

DaveWoo posted:

Yeah, honestly, I don't get why people continue to be obsessed with that guy.

(And the comic linked above probably isn't even him anyway)

Agreed. The lack of gradients/fill bucket tool is the big giveaway.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

i found Dobson's new comic

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Targ rules

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Oh gently caress oh poo poo, the Monster Killers domain expired and Archive.org didn't save every page or any of the images. I hope someone more diligent than me archived it somewhere, I thought I'd saved Towers but apparently I just remembered how to get to the page that had it. I LOVE TOWER >:]

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
In a twist that surprises no one, Jason Shiga reveals he doesn't know poo poo about women.

Oh my loving god that is the most American thing I've ever heard.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Renaissance Robot posted:

In a twist that surprises no one, Jason Shiga reveals he doesn't know poo poo about women.

Wasn't that made abundantly clear with the weaponized cumfart?

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
I haven't read Demon in a good while, but is there anything that indicates Shiga understands non autistic humans of any gender?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

A reader asked for advice on dating women and he suggested making a joke about how they probably have small genitals. It was in the side bar.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Oh my loving god that is the most American thing I've ever heard.

what the hell does that mean?

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
That fact that, with an American accent, Prague Race and Progress can be in any way interchangeable.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Oh, I thought that in some language progress or prague race meant "clapping hamburger."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I mean, that's what people think americans are these days right? A bunch of clapping hamburgers wearing cowboy hats and guns?

• Locked thread