Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I will play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Joining as Diqnol's mysterious acquaintance.

How dare you, Keane! And so brashly, too! We have children to think about!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

are you going to decide you dislike the setup and stop posting again

:drat:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

TMMadman posted:

You just won in Complete Bullshit. Triple won even.

He means his last Ecco game, where him and I were scum and could've won N2 if he had done literally anything other than what he did for a night action :P

(No hard feelings of course.)

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

There really are no hard feelings! It is kind of funny though.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Awesome. Nice to meet you Rarity.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I will use a free space to reclaim my Male Ruzelian.

I will come up with my justification I promise!

e: I am an aged male, a local elder. He is sturdy but not well, and coughs often but without letting it kill his spirit. Whenever he is coerced he can prove himself in a fight, but does not seek them. Although he is normally wearing a tattered cloak, when he peels back its hood his glass eye can peer into the heart of any soul.

He talks somewhat about his adventures in Ruzelia and beyond, fighting all manner of beast and men. He once said something about the Bottle Knights, or was that just a rumor? Now he takes to the sea with a simple rod, living off the unnatural bounty, the last place he can turn to in this world he has traveled one too many times.

George Kansas fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Aug 13, 2015

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I hope meinberg repeats his legendary suicide bombing which killed both himself and his scumbuddy.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

Game begins whenever idk I'm not a scientist.

Women are scientists too ecco, don't cut yourself short!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

what the gently caress 56 posts in a thread that did not send out pms yet

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Scum found. :henget:

trap sprung

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

fiery_valkyrie posted:

LPRRACOE? Can't we come up with a better acronym?

if we can

1) make it LAPRAS

2) take Lumpen's name out of it

I'll join it

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

I bet Ecco is a Rory/Logan shipper.

oh gently caress

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

everyone knows Dean was the right choice

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

Jess>Tristan>a life of celibacy

lmao you like Tristan but not Logan?

and Jess was cute for his age but would've gotten super petulant later on. oh wait that's exactly what happened when he came back.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I am not surprised you like Jess, Pinterest Mom.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

the weirdest thing for me is apparently they were dating in real life?? and yet I see absolutely NO chemistry between rory and jess.

you know who she does have chemistry with? Who she cares about more than all her boys? Someone she's willing to go the limit for, do anything for? Someone who loves her just as deeply in return? Someone intelligent, proud, and beautiful, someone as well-read as Rory without being an rear end?

It's so rare for there to be a set of female friends in a tv show or movie that don't only talk about boys. don't make it weird ecco!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Confirming.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

:siren: EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE THE ROLE PMS EXCEPT LJTRIGIRL WHO DOESN'T HAVE PMS AND DIDN'T INCLUDE AN EMAIL ADDRESS :siren:

Sounds like SOMEBODY whose name rhymes with BUMPEN forgot to tell someone about something!!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Confirmed. If anybody has any spare bread crusts, well..you know where to find me.

I....... don't......

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

ljtrigirl posted:

Wheeeeeeeee.

How do I vote?

##vote person

but bold it. You can click the bbcode button for text syntax

and in this game you have to

##unvote

but bolded before voting for someone else.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

Look, it belongs to the town. I'm just holding it for safekeeping.

empty promises from a paper tyrant!!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Meinberg posted:

Friends, friends, there is no need to go to such extremes, all for the sake of that bauble. I do agree, though, that it is important that we keep it safe. There are those that would murder for such a thing, and they are a grievous threat to all of us. Anyone who would kill for a pearl... they are no friends of mine, or anyone in this pleasant, little village.

In Ruzelia, we have a word for people like you.

It's alashaerva, which translates roughly to "busybody navelgazer"

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

It is a pity, it is, that somebody went and took that pearl, they did. Oh yes, bad things happen to pearl getters, they do, it'd probably be best to get rid of the thing. But what does it matter what you do? It all ends the same way, it does.

In a village of so few, how can we afford a man who is of so little value to himself? Why do we not just get rid of you, you urchin!?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

A man, you say, a man? A man? I may be many things, I am, but a man? By Slinvos, I'll have you know I am a prized possession in my corner of the grotto, I am! You'd be lucky to get my fleas, you would, you flea bottomed arse!

drat it's gonna be hard to roleplay while constantly doublechecking page 2 and 3 of the thread

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

Because I am the wisest and most honourable man in this town. If anyone can hold it, it's me.

*stares at post*

*stares at username*

*stares at post again*

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Can ghosts, vote, lumpen, powerful as they may be?

No, no, it can't be! You were sent to hell, Jonathan Taylor Thomas!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Gamerofthegame posted:

Good bye, Pierre. You were a noble fisherman. poo poo bitch you caught loving sharks.

This probably explains why he was LITERALLY MAD IRL

Gamerofthegame posted:

You should give me the pearl, for I am the dock warden. Warden of the docks! If I have the pearl then I know it will be safe, as I will put it in my fishery logbook safe, where I keep track of all the fishing totals but tonnage.

Are you the de facto mayor? Because we have some corruption to stealthily get away with.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I can see how you might think it was rolefishing if mayor was a role? I've never heard of it. I thought the corruption part gave away that it was a joke!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

hmmmm weird!

but I would almost guarantee there being a multivoter based on Ecco specifically bringing back the weird vote rules. I don't believe she's used it her last few games iirc?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

LMIRL was one of our best players and I will not countenance even mild jokes.

I did not know that, but you could've just said it was a bad joke Ecco :smith:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Rarity posted:

Oh look and then you jump on Sam with a vote that could easily be played off as a joke or pushed as a serious case.

Boo, Hal.

Boo.

I agree with this post, even if I am told that agreeing with posts is bad.

Boo, Hal.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Trying rhymes with lying. Lying is for scum.

:agreed:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

TMMadman posted:

I don't think the LJ votes are good because she is new to this site. Sure, she has played Mafia before and seems to be well versed in searching for scum, but it also seems rude to not give her at least until D2 to find her footing within this community.

I doubt I would still be playing if everyone voted me out on D1 of my very first game. Now granted that was a little different cause I hadn't ever played Mafia before, but the principle is the same: give the new person a day before you really go all out on them (even if they are scum).

Yeah this is what I thought especially as I read Rarity's case.

How is a person new to SA going to know about Meinberg's meta?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

I haven't gotten massively scummy reads from anybody, and while I have played the game of making a mountain over a molehill day one, that is not going to be my play this game (since I have a powerful role I would like to preserve) so I'll probably be more conservative and weak with my calls.

Massively Powerful Vanilla Keane.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Scum found. It's a proven fact that nobody is good at Mafia.

Similar to how nobody in your avatar is good at football :banjo:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Rarity posted:

The point is she doesn't know his meta so that's why she makes the post. Taken out of context I don't see it as a post worth making a fuss about.

Okay. Well calling out an awkward poster for a bad post is still pretty normal IMO.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Rarity posted:

Scumpen.

if there's meta here I'd like to hear it.

TMMadman posted:

Robbie Gould is objectively good at kicking the football. :mad:

I see you said is and not was?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

merk posted:

##unvote; ##vote Bottleknight

The old merk staple: You are posting words that make it look like you're trying to find scum without actually making an attempt to find scum.

If you're calling out the post I made above then there really wasn't scumhunting in that post. I was just pointing out that I disagreed with part of Rarity's case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

merk posted:

...or I don't know.. maybe you knew his alignment before you called my callout awful?

Since I know my own alignment this thought ran through my head, but there's too much WIFOM for me to make that alignment call.

• Locked thread