Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Whoa what the gently caress

How could I say no to an Ecco game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

He means his last Ecco game, where him and I were scum and could've won N2 if he had done literally anything other than what he did for a night action :P

(No hard feelings of course.)

:burger:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I want to be a pretty princess boss

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

you shan't, there are no princesses or nobility of any kind in Port Lourde, unless you wish to reign over a princessipality of fish and flotsam.\

yo

yo

I am the fishing princess not a hook goes in the water that I don't know about because controlling our fishing habits is extremely important for the upkeep of the local ecosystem and to keep our people fed and jolly!!! I hear there are people out there up to no good, up to... overfishing.

We gotta find those clowns!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

the fish hunger

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

fish are great

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

TMMadman posted:

Do you think finding scum in this game will be like shooting fish in a barrel?

Scum spotted!

Why else would you liken hunting scum to the criminal and unsportsman-like act of illegal fishing without a licence?

Please come to our office immediately after your court confinement.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

TMMadman posted:

Did you ever stop to think that I caught the fish legally and kept them in a barrel so that I might have fresh fish at my leisure?

I think you have a guilty conscious and are projecting onto me because you're scum.

aha!!!

You cannot keep fish as pets or trophies for entertainment purposes, according to the ecosystem monitor act you may only catch fish for immediate slaughtering purposes. As such, I find you violating the act and you will be seeing my agents quite soon!!!!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

ljtrigirl posted:

How do I privately send you my email address without PMs?

Put it in spoiler tags. Apparently outsiders can't see it? I dunno what the deal is with that.

also

PIERRE NO

HE WAS MY FRIEND

HE FOLLOWED THE FISHING MAXIMUM REGULATIONS TO THE LETTER

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

it's a top 5 all-time best vote

if I could vote on a post I'd give it a three

it was okay.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

You should give me the pearl, for I am the dock warden. Warden of the docks! If I have the pearl then I know it will be safe, as I will put it in my fishery logbook safe, where I keep track of all the fishing totals but tonnage.

Pierre would have wanted to give me the pearl, as he was my friend. Good bye, Pierre. You were a noble fisherman. poo poo bitch you caught loving sharks.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

nah i don't think ecco would give me the mayor PR for pre-game shenanigans

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Mayor actually is a role, and not a terribly uncommon one, though it doesn't get a lot of use here cuz it's a doublevoter and doublevoter fucks with votefinder, I believe.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Kashuno posted:

I wouldn't be surprised to see a mayor here, especially since Ecco makes sure to manually count votes and did mention multi-voters before.

it's an every ecco game thing, not good for speculation

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

ljtrigirl posted:

You guys shouldn't not lynch me because I'm new to this site.

You should not lynch me because I'm good.

Are any of us truly "good," coveting a pearl off a dear friend immediately after he passed?!

I bet you barely follow quota-regulations!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

TMMadman posted:

This is just a standard lurker poke:

I'd like to see some posts from Chaoslord, ANarc, QPQ and Jedit.

Hal, Samfu and Meinberg you are on my radar for not posting a lot either.

I know you can't all be a posting superstar like me, but I'd still like to see some effort.

literally chopped liv-

Meinberg posted:

The young merchant spends much of the morning examining documents, peering over documents in an attempt to try and suss out the economic connections that link those in the town together. For such a small, wholely provincial place, the webs of duty and debt are thick and complicated, nesting patterns within themselves, forming chaotic relationships. The task was hard and the sound of argument proved too much of a distraction for his tasks. He pulled himself from his desk and emerged out into the light, there seeing GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE and merk and their clash of words. "I think that merk may be acting overly aggressively, and I'm more than willing to take GUISSEPPE at face value. In our conversations in the past, we've come to gain a bit of an understanding, and this seems in keeping with their character."

The rest of the gathered rabble proved too much for the young man, but he attempted to understand things as well as he could. Ultimately, it was CCKeane's ghostly jester act that made him speak up again. "What the devil is this? This seems most inappropriate."

:yeah:

That said what game is merk not an over confident dude? Seems weird to ping him on that when it's, like, literally his thing.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

QuoProQuid posted:

okay, i am pretty much caught up right now. my leanings for scum atm are: TMM > Rarity > merk?

now i am going to bed so zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

((did i post enough to be a "top poster?" am i allowed to criticize TMM for white noise posts yet????))

Why Merk? You don't reference him at all in your effort posts outside of an offhand comment of someone unvoting him and that still wasn't directed to Merk specifically.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I can see the argument for TMM, but on the flipside in the same breathe it looks like he's waiting for content to jump on. Instead of just being passive he's trying to get people to post and get poo poo going, constantly referencing post counts like a tosser to criticize people into :justpost:

Which isn't really unusual D1, tbh.

TMM please share your reads to the class with what content you have!!!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

not to devalue your opinion lumpen but who do you think isn't scummy

cuz I'm pretty sure you're eyed literally everyone

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

TMMadman posted:

And Gamer, since you asked nicely I will indeed give you some reads, but I'll have to do it later tonight when I'm on my computer. Is that reasonable?

##vote TMM

this goes away when you do, friend

we at the office of excellent and bodacious fishermen tracking take our clerical work very seriously

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

CCKeane posted:

This, combined with this:

Is mega scummy. Gamer is letting a vote sit on TMM while simultaneously defending him. He can walk this back as a prod if momentum builds and whatnot. I don't like it!

Do you know what I do like? That's right. Chains to rattle *rattles chains spookily*

I can think an action isn't scummy while holding someone to claims of content at the same time!!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

##unvote

That's good enough, TMM. Alright, let's do some readin' and needlin'.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I'm not going to read a hell of a lot tho because Disquol (or whatever the gently caress) is poo poo tho

Immediately jumps on strong-player Merk over literally nothing, stays on him the rest of the game thus far. (Admittedly not that long, but) With him largely just discrediting other people's posts and cases with garbage vocabulary plays and criticizing a lack of content.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

So are snipey posts that lie on a bed of non content and pearl grabbing. Why should anyone listen to what you have to think?

Merk, I want you to know that if I felt like I could handle it right now, I could maneuver around you without a sweat. I see what it is you're doing. I'm just not in a good place to do it right now so you're just going to be proven scum through your play.

So is this exchange, which I find great.

I'm also not really interested in doing that as it's the absolute least fun part of mafia so I'm going to go ahead and let you all know that I'll be not defending myself but rather continuing to do my own thing, hope this helps you understand me going forward, cheers

"i'm just gonna afk instead of making myself look bad via defending me lol later nerds just forget me"

Trash. Dudes trying to control the narrative of the game by just hounding one person, but it doesn't work cuz he isn't a charismatic bastard and doesn't seem to really have back up.

##vote GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE

Only a pizzaman would disvalue fish so!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

CCKeane posted:

I don't think Diqnol or Merk are scum right now. I think Gamer is worse.

well

you're rude

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

CCKeane posted:

where he called you townie and then laid a vote on you anyway.

"I don't think these actions come off as scummy."

yep, calling him 100% townie right there good case there, casper, ghost detective

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Gamer, what do you mean by this? Are you just happy that TMM did what you wanted and posted some stuff? In which case, I would consider your vote on him posturing rather than serious scum hunting.

Or, did you really think he was scum before and are now convinced that he is town? If so, why the change in opinion? What convinced you?

I put a vote on him to pressure him into actually playing the game and providing reads on people, as opposed to doing the opposite and needling people into posting. It's mild incentive to do so, even if it wouldn't actually lead to a lynch. (unless the game decided to turbo suddenly but lol???)

He did as demanded, vote left. Truly it was a 100% all in vote.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Not overly. D1 isn't my day, as often said. Looking over the case (and posting/votes) on next-up-in-voting Samfu I don't see anything there, seems like just the usual D1 back and forth. Diqoul is the only one in the game thus far that really pings scummy to me. And he's p scummy on my scumdar.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

caw

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

QuoProQuid posted:

uuugggghhhhhhh i hate that i like this post

good case and i would be willing to vote gamer on its basis. the joke vote you quote is p bad, like a robot desperately trying to appear human

"HELLO FELLOW TOWNIE, BEEP BOOP, LET US ENGAGE IN LIGHT-HEARTED HUMAN INTERACTION BEEP BOOP. HAHA"

this might be a personal thing, but i probably wouldnt drop a joke post on someone immediately after defending them.

to put on my lumpen hat for a second, i like bottleknight and valkyrie better for posting similar cases within minutes of each other. dont think scum would do that.

ps lol

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

ljtrigirl posted:

Is there a way to see all of someone's posts in a particular game?

Also, I just figured out that clicking on quoted posts takes you to that post, which is hella useful.

There's a pound sign and a question mark beneath a user's avatar. The former makes a link to the post, the latter sees all the posts in a thread. The OP has that link for all the posters, too.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

ps my meta is that if I survive D1 then I win

Just to help you, ljtri

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Meinberg posted:

Sadly, I don't have enough time to keep up a decent posting gimmick. Life can be cruel at points, but so it goes.

Looking over things, I really think that the conversation between merk and diqnol makes it impossible for me to readily discern alignment. I lean town for diqnol, but upon further contemplation and reading, I now have a solid null read on merk. Gamer is the one who has emerged as the most false thus far, and I feel like he is the most likely scum out of everyone today.

How so? Please be descriptive.

Because my interactions this game has been poking someone for trying to get people to post without having content themselves and then swatting someone for being scum.

Because diqnol is scum btw

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

your meta is that you get lynched day 1

this isn't mutually exclusive

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

ljtrigirl posted:

Blech. This post makes me want to vote you.

tangible fact

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

TMMadman posted:

Wait, didn't you get end gamed in Lady Clarent's?

end game'd basically counts

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

"Let's pressure someone into action using the only tool at my disposal; a vote."

"what town would never use a vote to for pressure"

"loving stares"

ps diqnol is scum so if you could just do that it'd be great

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

ljtrigirl posted:

Do you think you would be pushing for him as much if you were not the next LL? If we instalynched someone with 0 votes right now, who would you want it to be?

I was pushing him before hand so ?

And I dunno what kind of weird rear end question is that

color me frustrated for this being a reoccurring thing

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Reminder that deadline got floated to sunday, worry less

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

Gamer could you give us your scumreads? Thanks.

As it stands my scumreads really are "Diqnol is a strong scum read due to previously established reasons" and "I don't think next vote-dude Samfu's posting is scummy and disagree with the cases provided on him."

If we're to get down to it I find BK weirdly disengaged for thinking I'm scummy. Like "Hey where's any of his cases guys? Alright I posted later." I agree with Jedit, but I still think Diqnol is a more solid read.

Otherwise it's a lot of nulls.

Rarity posted:

You too, be better at mafia :mad:

DAY ONE IS AWFUL

ESPECIALLY IN BIG GAMES OKAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I really do not understand the fixation on the TMM pressure-vote.

But sure. Why not.

• Locked thread