Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I want to play an Ecco game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I like games you have to post a lot in. Yes.

It's too bad all your posts are bad. :v:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Samfucius posted:

I will play. I will play better than last time.

I will win.

You just won in Complete Bullshit. Triple won even.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

He means his last Ecco game, where him and I were scum and could've won N2 if he had done literally anything other than what he did for a night action :P

(No hard feelings of course.)

I kind of figured he meant a different Ecco game, but still had to poke at him. :)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'll be a Mereaux man.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

I'll be a Mereaux man.

Actually wait, I'll claim a free spot instead and be a Bishader male.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Actually wait, I'll claim a free spot instead and be a Bishader male.

And since I'm driving I'll come up with a reason for it when I get home in a hour or so.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Jeez and you say I poo poo post :v:

Hey I'm driving, so I was kind of skimming and didn't make the connection to being able to pick your own culture.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I'd like to be a lady :)

Well then you'll have to clean up your act! :v:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

And since I'm driving I'll come up with a reason for it when I get home in a hour or so.

The man from Bishadh was found floating on large plank by local fisherman almost a year ago. Although he was found unconscious, his fist was tightly clenched around a small object and couldn't be pried open. When the man awoke two days later, it was discovered that the object was a small ivory carving of a tiger. Upon being asked about it, the man replied that it reminded him of a dream he had of another life and some kind of tournament, but he refuses to let anyone else touch the carving.

As he recovered, the man revealed some of his story. He says he succumbed to wanderlust shortly after coming of age and left his village searching for adventure, but when he is deep in the drink he often sounds bitter and occasionally mumbles about being forced to leave. After living in the wild for a few years and learning a variety of skills, he found himself near a beach that had a group of sailors on it and a ship anchored a short distance into the sea. Sensing a real opportunity for adventure, he approached the group only to find out they were pirates when they captured him. Needing some entertainment, the pirates forced the Bishader man and three other captives to fight to the death with their bare hands. His fighting was so inspired the pirates cheered when he was the last man standing and offered to let him join the crew. He spent the next few years exploring the world and plundering ships with the crew. Unfortunately, his pirate captain got caught in a hurricane and the ship was destroyed, but the Bishader man was only person able to escape the ship and was found three days later by the fisherman. Despite his history, the residents of Port Loude decided to let the man stay as he was able bodied and willing to help work on the fishing ships.

However, lately he has been feeling the wanderlust build again and his desire to leave the island has grown to the point where he can't ignore it any longer.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

Man what is it with you and tigers?

Haha, I just thought it would be an amusing touch.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

I can promise that anyone who actually does PR in-character they will receive actual in-game boons, probably, doled out at my discretion potentially.

Man I would have killed it if I used my tournament character here. I would have talked to Segur the whole game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

too bad you died (go scum!!)

Yeah well at least I was vanilla so you jerks didn't get a power role!

I can't wait to read that scum doc.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Let's just all agree right now to turbo PMom. In character.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

hey!! in what should surprise nobody, the game won't be fully ready by tomorrow morning, womp womp. BUT it's because I got conscripted to go hiking tomorrow by my roommate and we leave at 7 in the morning, so.

"Oh ecco you scoundrel!!" yes yes I have heard it many times before. Nobody is perfect.

I will forever be disappointed that you choose real life over an internet game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I'll be reading posts but I won't be responding to them unless they prove themselves worthy.

I'm going to read and respond to every post, but my I still won't say anything.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Merk told me he was scum this game.

Are you trying to bus him already?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
WorstBest. Mod. Ever.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lumpen posted:

Mods lying to players in Mafia games really triggers me. I need this to be a safe space where the trauma of being abused and abandoned by mods like Tao Jones won't damage me further.

The harm to my well-being has already been done at this point, by you, Ecco. I hope you can own that and be a better ally in the future. It is not my responsibility to educate you about Mod Privilege, so the very fact that I had to make this post has victimised me even more.

And now I am feeling fear that by daring to speak truth to power I will get further oppressed with marginalization and exclusion.

Literally shaking and crying here.
#LumpenLivesMatter

Appealing to emotions already?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Gamerofthegame posted:

fish are great

Do you think finding scum in this game will be like shooting fish in a barrel?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I think we need to post so many responses in this thread that it makes Ecco think he sent the role PMs without remembering it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

Is shooting fish in a barrel even easy?

It's fish in a barrel. What do you think?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lumpen posted:

Oh here we go, into Uncle Kashuno's cabin.

Wake up! Haven't you noticed that every game begins with a false flag attack on Town? Perpetrated by whom? The Mod! No other. To set players against each other, to touch off a class struggle against the minority, who then simply fights back. The anger is misplaced. ##Voting perpetuates the corrupt system dominated by the Mods, players dying for the sick pleasure of the untouchable Mods snickering from their penthouses. Your consent is manufactured. Setups are propaganda!

But without the Mods, games would descend into anarchy. Nobody would know what role to play or when to vote. Do you really think the people are bright enough to manage a game without help? Have you ever looked into the vacant, glassy eyes of a Mafia player and seen true intelligence? I'll tell you true that it isn't possible for they are all dumber than a box of rocks.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Gamerofthegame posted:

Scum spotted!

Why else would you liken hunting scum to the criminal and unsportsman-like act of illegal fishing without a licence?

Please come to our office immediately after your court confinement.

Did you ever stop to think that I caught the fish legally and kept them in a barrel so that I might have fresh fish at my leisure?

I think you have a guilty conscious and are projecting onto me because you're scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Gamerofthegame posted:

aha!!!

You cannot keep fish as pets or trophies for entertainment purposes, according to the ecosystem monitor act you may only catch fish for immediate slaughtering purposes. As such, I find you violating the act and you will be seeing my agents quite soon!!!!

But I'm not keeping them for pets or trophies. I'm keeping them so I can slaughter them humanely when I'm hungry. We all know that storing food is a risky gamble and fish go bad quite quickly after being killed.

Instead of going down to the docks to spend time trying to catch a fish (before I even get hungry!) and then spending more time going home and cooking it, I've simplified matters by catching a number of fish at one time (but within the limit) and keeping them alive in a barrel to kill and eat at my leisure. I do not torture or starve the fish. In fact, I am incentivized to feed to fish because it helps them grow and provides me with more food.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

nah all it makes me think is someone quit and then I get a lump of shame in my stomach.

I have a free day today so I'll be writing role PMs for as long as my attention span can handle me. Sorry about yesterday!

You should feel shame for lying to us. For shame!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

*ring ring*

Bananaphone!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

Awkward post to try to get us out of pre-role PM phase. ##vote Rarity

It really is a scummy post. It feels like something scum would say in order to prove they town and are trying to hunt scum.

However, Kashuno has been hedging all over the place and he is willing to blindly follow whoever makes the most persuasive argument.

Let's get rid of the greater evil.

##vote Kashuno

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
These better be the best drat role PMs ever.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

well have I got some disappointing news for you!

From the Mafia thread:

EccoRaven posted:

sign up to be a replacement in my big game! I'll probably need one sooner than I think, AND it's a great way to say "yeah I played an ecco game once *shows scars*"

I'm now forever scarred.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

what the gently caress 56 posts in a thread that did not send out pms yet

Scum found. :henget:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

Almost done!! Should have the thread open up unreasonably early this morning EDT/not as unreasonably early PDT/a respectable hour this evening AEST/late morning GMT.

You must be eating a mountain of pad thai.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

I took a nap and watched an episode of gilmore girls and then applied for a job and ate a PB&J and then took another nap. hashtag hard life.

Way to waste time instead of hammering away at the keyboard lovingly handcrafting role PMs for a bunch of ungrateful louts.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Man, am I glad I never watched Gilmore Girls.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This whole thread took a turn for the worse.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The only good drama-comedy show of that nature was the original Beverly Hills, 90210.

It's what started it all, although I didn't get into Melrose Place.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Ok, now you have bad opinions.

Hey, I'm old and 90210 was prime TV for much of my late teens/early 20s. :colbert:

Honestly, I'm mostly just romanticizing the first 2-3 years of the show which is when I really watched at the end of high school and for a year or so beyond.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

That would make you about the same age as me. Let us wallow in our old age together.

Only if we can complain that the youngens these days don't know how good they have it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ljtrigirl posted:

How do I privately send you my email address without PMs?

I'd ask first, but I'd bet Ecco would just have you post it in the thread and then allow you to edit it.

Either that or just sign up for gmail with some dumb account. I've got like 5 stupid gmail names.

Also, I'm confirming I finally got a role PM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ljtrigirl posted:

I guess I didn't realize how stuff worked on this site.

My email address is REDACTED.

I'll probably edit and remove it from this post once I get an email from you. I'm fine with people using it for the game, but I don't like it being posted on the internet forever.

Merry Christmas!

Check your email and enjoy a free upgrade.

• Locked thread