Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

If he did kill TNL, that would mean Keane was harpooned too because the flavour matches. Did LJTRI try to poke qpq and get redirected to Keane?

Well she claimed she got RB'd trying to shoot QPQ.

I'm a little surprised at Keane flipping vanilla. I wonder why he never voted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ah! This certainly makes TMM look worse, I forgot about that. If the busdriver was scum then TMM is probably scum.

How does it make me look worse? Are you trying to say that I'm the bus driver?

I've been accusing diqnol of being scum all game and while he didn't flip scum, he didn't flip town either.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm the cop. The tiger statue from my posted description is the item. The tiger changes from a sleeping tiger to a roaring tiger in the presence of evil.

I copped ljtrigirl on N1 as town because she is new and was swinging around, Samfu on N2 as town because he was the second vote and with merk flipping town I wanted to make sure we didn't let scum off the hook and tried to cop Keane because of the ghost thing on N3

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I cast some shade her way because I wanted to see if anyone would try to build a bad case on her. If you keep reading i call all the cases against her bullshit.

I never voted her and I never would have voted for her. If she had been in any danger I would have claimed at that point.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ljtrigirl posted:

Plenty of people have built bad cases on me. I was LL for a while on D2. And you didn't really defend me at all or try to push any of them the next day.

Nope. Nope nope nope.

You had 4 votes on you during D2 and all of them were early. You were never in danger of being lynched. The 4 votes were diqnol, QPQ, PMom and FV. The only one I haven't really expressed suspicion about is FV.

I told you all I don't play this game the way others play. I try to use my investigations in a way that would help town, so I often go after targets that I'm not talking about in the thread.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

That was a pretty fast grab there SamV. You better be on the up and up.

Btw, this is my cop breadcrumb. I was going to cop SSV on N1, but when I saw the double vote on D1 I figured he was either a town double voter or the pearl was the cause. I probably still should have copped him, but wanted to check the new person on the off chance of newbie scum since she would likely get a couple of leeway days just from being new to the site.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

THIS IS NOT IN ANY WAY A COP BREADCRUMB HOW ARE YOU SO TERRIBLE AT THIS

What do you expect me to put a :cop: smilie after it or something?

I spent a lot of time in my 20s around cops between a couple of jobs and they liked to use the phrase 'on the up and up'. It's probably just a local thing but it stuck in my mind so I used it.

The last time I was a cop my breadcrumb was a joke about fishing just for the halibut.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Alright, I'm at home now and I have some time to make a post. I am definitely a town cop and lynching me will lose the game if we are at lylo.

You may all think that my investigations don't track with my posting, but I don't play the game the same way as others. I prefer to cop those I haven't been publicly chasing because they are often a bigger danger. I would absolutely use vigs on those I find suspicious because if you have a clear reason, then vigging someone is generally seen as alignment neutral. But I feel like cops are a different beast and needs to be used differently.

I was going to cop SSV on N1, but switched because I saw the double vote and figured he was probably town. Either as a town mayor (double voter) or because the pearl let him double vote and I doubt that scum would want to give that of info away on D1. So instead, I switched to LJ because she is new and I wanted to be sure about her. I copped Samfu on N2 because I had missed most of the day and he had 6 votes on him at the end of the day. It's a simple choice, despite my desire to want to check out QPQ. I went for Keane on N3 because he hadn't voted at all and I was kind of worried that he was actually scum using the ghost gimmick to skate along until he could slam down a vote on an unsuspecting townie at mylo/lylo. Plus, he had been calling for my blood quite a bit, so I feel completely justified with my choice there. If I had a choice, I would do N2 over again and check out QPQ, but I'm happy with the other two choices.

As for me casting some shade on both LJ and Samfu, I feel like if I had come out and said 'Oh yeah, these people are totally town' then people would start saying that the only way I could be sure they were town is because I'm scum. So instead, I played the game and said they might be scum, but never actually chased either of them down because I knew they were town. Is that really that hard to understand? Neither one of them ever cracked into my top 3 list and I always made sure to keep them outside of that list for a reason: because I knew they were town.

I think that the ninja theory is right because I know I didn't kill Keane. I also believe that the coin was given out by diqnol because it fits with the flavor of his death. I am actually a little concerned that using the coin may have changed Mithross' alignment. Also, I have been thinking that there isn't a bus driver and that diqnol was actually sort of a Jack of All Trades and had a few different things he could do one of which might be stealing from me.

I also think we need to take what merk has to say into consideration here:

merk posted:

Please ignore everything Kash and Rarity do if they turn into actual confirmed town. They are going to cause a town loss. Scum will not kill them. Their opinions will carry great weight and carry great wrong.

Right now Rarity (and everyone else) is looking to mislynch me and Rarity even tries to excuse herself for it here:

Rarity posted:

The whole point of a breadcrumb is OTHER PEOPLE KNOW WHAT IT IS. Like, if you're actually being legit then you've pretty much lost this game for town cause of this. There is no way that claim is going to get you out of a lynch. Considering what I can do with the pearl, I doubt there even is a cop in this game.

Relating to this, I'm pretty much convinced TM is the SK cause I imagine the scum team would have already been thinking about and setting up their claims

First of all, if a breadcrumb is obvious, then it is likely to be guessed by scum. So I'm not going to apologize for my breadcrumb. Second, I really hate that she tries to accuse me of losing the game for town here. Town doesn't have to vote for me and that would prevent us from losing. I also find it pretty silly to think that there isn't a cop in the game just because of what the pearl can do. After all, there is no way of telling when or how the pearl is going to be used and I'd hate to think of the power it would have in scum hands.

Town, lynch me at your own peril. I am definitely town and I'm pretty sure that if we mislynch today we lose.

I'm going to go back to the person I've been suspicious of the most and wish I had actually copped on N2.

##vote QPQ

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

QuoProQuid posted:

And, once again, TMM gives me bad vibes all over. The implication that I am scum for the RB is dumb. If scum, there would be no way for me to know who girl planned on killing me last night, given her focus on PMom and Lumpen.

The second paragraph is white noise commentary on a bad lynch. It's a bit harder to articulate why I dislike it, but I do.

##vote: TMM

To take a page from girl, can we please lynch TMM now?

I'm going to point at this post before I claimed. First of all, there is absolutely no implication in my post about QPQ being the RB. Here is my post:

TMMadman posted:

Well she claimed she got RB'd trying to shoot QPQ.

I'm a little surprised at Keane flipping vanilla. I wonder why he never voted?

I was responding to a direct question by SSV and QPQ comes in and thinking I'm trying to imply he is the RBer. To me, it looks like he has a guilty conscious and doesn't want anyone to really look at him. The second 'paragraph' is two lines and is a simple question wondering why Keane never voted. But in QPQs mind, it's a white noise commentary on a bad lynch. Except for the fact that it's someone who was NK'd. Then he walks back his reason when SSV questions him but leaves the vote:

QuoProQuid posted:

I'm dumb and misread but the vote stands.

Man, I really wish I could do N2 over again so I could just here and righteously call you scum with a cop result.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mithross posted:

TMM, I'm sure you've already said, but I'm at work phonepoating, so it's easier to just ask again: what were your night actions, in order?

I copped LJ N1, Samfu N2, Keane N3.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

And all three came up town?

Well, all three nights came back in flavor and stated that the tiger never moved, which given the description of the tiger means they are town.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ljtrigirl posted:

I'm back.

Still don't believe TMM at all.

Still don't get why Lumpen thinks QPQ is town.

Still want to kill PMom after this.

Honestly, I was hoping I wouldn't have to claim unless either you or Samfu were in danger of being lynched because I know my claim is hard to believe, especially without a scum result. But when Mithross said he watched Keane and saw me visit him, I had no choice but to claim.

Voting me is guaranteed to be a mislynch because I am the town cop.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ljtrigirl posted:

I'm probably going to vote soon. Not sure how much more we'll get out of today.

Great, another townie willing to vote town out early at what is possibly lylo.

It guess it's possible that Mithross is scum, but it seems pretty unlikely. He has seemed sincere and honest with his posting today and seems to believe what he is saying.

Personally, I think the scum team is definitely QPQ, PMom and Exakt with any others being somewhere in Hiip, FV, Hal and Lumpen.

I'd like to see QPQ go, but I'd also take PMom out.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey LJ, why do you not believe me? Do you just not like that I cast some shade at you or Samfu knowing that you were town? Do you not see that kind of move is done to protect me from nosy town questions as well as scum guessing that I'm the town cop?

Do you not see that I didn't even try chase either of you down? Obviously I wasn't serious when I was shading either of you. Sure I prodded you a little bit because of your weird dream post, but again I have to be seen exploring people or I could get pegged as a cop or thought of as scummier when I was already being seen as kind of scummy. Cop dancing is a very fine line to stay on and it's only the second time I've been one.

In fact, even though I express some doubt, both of the posts in question actually end with both you and Samfu leaning town.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ljtrigirl posted:

I don't buy that you'd view me.

I don't but that I'd drop in your reads as your N0 when people are starting to try to lynch me. I don't buy that you'd treat sam that way as well.

I think scum has the bus driver and that they switched you and diq.

I think that your posts today have been terrible if you were actually cop.

I thought that your reaction to my claim D2 felt kind of like "I'm being accused for the wrong reasons!"

Why don't you buy that I'd cop you? In my second game ever I was the cop when a first time poster (who was Kashuno) turned out to be scum and even though I had some doubts, I didn't cop him on N1. I was not going to repeat that mistake a second time.

I don't know why you were worried about having four votes on you early in a day. Do you think I should have claimed at that point? Is that what you're trying to say? I may have said that you dropped slightly, but it doesn't mean I actually thought that behind the screen. I have to keep up appearances, which is also probably why some of my early posts sounded awkward.

I think if there is a bus driver, it was probably diqnol himself. If he was then I'm guessing he actually felt he was going to be the NK and wanted me to be it instead since I was against him.

I was extremely concerned about your D2 claim because I didn't kill TNL and I never received any harpoon from you. So I didn't know what you were trying to say about me, but I wasn't just going to flat cop claim at that point because I don't know if I'm in any actual danger.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
If I'm scum just claiming to be a cop, then why in the world wouldn't I just say I copped QPQ or PMom on N2 and got a scum return? If I'm scum trying to drive a mislynch, then why in the hell am I doing it the hard way? Does everyone really not think I knew how hard it would be believe my claim, especially without a scum result?

You are all willing to hang me as scum because I decided to cop the person who got 6 votes on D2 when it took 8 to be lynched instead of chasing something more personal. How is copping Samfu not the logical choice? Even though I had been leaning town for Samfu, I had said during D1 that I found some of the things he has said scummy, so it's not unfounded like everyone wants to believe.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

Mithross, make 3 more decent posts and then I think we should hammer.

You keep saying this as if it actually means anything.

Because it actually does loving matter. Jesus loving Christ, I'm telling you exactly why I did what I did and you're turning around and saying I'm wrong because it's not how people usually play.

Town is terrible to listen to you right now because you are absolutely going to lynch town and then you're going to try and blame me for the town loss.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I can't believe I am going to get lynched as the town cop without a counterclaim on the backs of two of the scummiest people in this thread: QPQ and PMom.

QPQ has been angling for me since D1 and while PMom hasn't actively been calling for my blood, he hasn't really been looking for scum either as he has been entirely focused on Samfu and LJ.

You all say that my cop claim isn't consistent with my posting, except that I copped LJ on N1 and then attacked the first three people who voted her all game long. Sure, I cast a little shade her way, but I still ended up calling her town, called the cases against her bullshit and never actually pursued her as scum. How is that inconsistent with my claim?

I did the same thing to Samfu, I cast a little shade at him but called him town and named him 4th on my list as cover. After mentioning Samfu being 4th on my list a second time, I completely loving drop it. Again, how is that inconsistent with my claim and posting? Do you people just not like that instead of following a personal feeling, I decided to give in to the will of town and investigate the person that 6 people found scummy on D2? There were only two people on Samfu that I thought were scummy: PMom and Hal. Do people really not think Samfu should have been a target for my cop on N2?

Or do people have a problem with me wanting to cop Keane when he hadn't voted for 3 straight days? Am I really just supposed to ignore that and hope that he's town instead of scum using a gimmick to get by without having to vote until it actually matters?

Why is nobody willing to answer these questions? Instead everyone just shrugs and goes "Nope, he must be lying, let's lynch him."

I can't state this any more simply: I am the town cop and I'm guaranteed to be a mislynch.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

HiipFire posted:

sadly it also has support from confirmed town Rarity and basically everyone else

And yet nobody wants to answer my questions or really take a look at them.

Again, if I'm scum claiming cop, then why wouldn't I just say I copped one of QPQ/PMom and found them scum? It'd be a hell of a lot easier to believe and it probably wouldn't be to hard to get a mislynch. So why in the world would I do it the hard way?

I can only tell the truth here. As I said to LJ, I honestly didn't want to claim because I knew the way I did things would be hard to believe, but I had no choice when Mithross said he watched Keane last night. If I hadn't given my claim, I would have been an instant lynch. Instead, I have argue and try to get the vote off of me because I want town to win which won't happen if you lynch me today. I have been completely honest about the motivations and reasons for my investigations.

I believe the ninja theory is correct because I flat out didn't kill Keane.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lumpen posted:

TMM, even if you are a Cop, lynching you right now is for the best. If you flip Cop it will confirm LJ and Samfu, and also effectively confirm Mithross, and confirm that there's a Ninja. That's a lot of solid information. Even if you are a Cop, if you lived and claimed to have a Scum investigation tomorrow, if it is LYLO then any investigation you claim would be suspect, so pretty useless. If you had a Scum investigation to report right now it might be worth flipping them instead of you, but with the targets you claim to have picked, we get more from flipping you and getting the solid info. Sorry if you had the incredibly bad luck to investigate the Townie target of a Ninja on the night he was being nightkilled while being Watched, after two other fruitless investigations....

And if you're Scum and totally full of poo poo, flipping you is even better, of course.

Unless today is actually MYLO in which case lynching me is going to make town lose. Maybe a no lynch is best for today?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks for the game Ecco. I had fun even though you made my jar useless. :mad:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I locked the scum doc a few minutes ago. So it should be viewable but not editable.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

It was useless at night but the player who died with it (should have) been flipped as "town-aligned" because I am a """fun""" mod. I was super hoping someone would die with it while holding the dagger so they'd be a "Murderer (town-aligned assassin)"

Now that would have been hilarious to watch.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Nobody would have suspected me if stupid Mithross hadn't watched stupid Keane with the stupid coin. :v:

Also, I was totally right about diqnol being the bus driver.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Gamerofthegame posted:

my meta is legit get lynched D1 or win* and that's alright with me

*getting end gamed at pretty much the last possible night is close enough

You didn't win or get end gamed in the complete bullshit game. Therefore lynch all liars. ;)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

You didn't win or get end gamed in the complete bullshit game. Therefore lynch all liars. ;)

Wait, did we lynch you D1 of that game?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

I love how diqnol's one shot bus drive haunted the scum team for the rest of the game.

I think it haunted town more because us scum were able to use it more effectively. Plus it stopped LJ from harpooning someone on N3.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Gamerofthegame posted:

Didn't we win that game?

Wait I thought you were scum that game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I was a little weirded out by you Keane, but it was also funny that you said you were a ghost because the dagger we had stated that it not only killed the body, it also dissipated the soul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Samfucius posted:

Hiding in plain sight.

I like that everyone was murdered by the sams though.

Ahem, I killed TNL and Keane thank you very much.

• Locked thread