Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Drakenel posted:

That said, they are sneaky pricks if nothing else. Trolls are probably easy mode, simply because they raid you semi-regularly but aren't particularly difficult to drive off. (Earthblood makes it a boon)

errrr....Not so much in the IOS version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

1) The hundred day hunt with Odalya
2) Screw the Elves!
3) We worshiped our living god Urox, because he's too much of a boss to get killed.
4)No preference, so Australi is fine.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Drakenel posted:

Trolls are probably easy mode, simply because they raid you semi-regularly but aren't particularly difficult to drive off. (Earthblood makes it a boon)

The trolls ain't that bad, but Cragspider is loving terrifying. :stonklol:

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Show the ring advice from the last screen in the other game - I want to see what our trickster and magic lady say about us getting wrecked

Also I'm going to vote that we Worship Ernalda and take thralls this time around. An Ernalda clan is the only type we haven't seen yet, and I was disappointed it wasn't picked last time.

Ancestral Foe: Faralinthor, Salty Lord of the Sea

The Saurus fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Aug 6, 2015

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Updated the header image, I hope it adequately reflects my feelings on how the last thread ended.

I'm off to sleep, then we'll get this show on the road :tootzzz:

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Infinitum posted:

On a scale of 1 to Duck, how psychotic are the Elves? :v:

All of the ancestral enemies are huge psychos. Piss them off, but never too much.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Infinitum posted:

Updated the header image, I hope it adequately reflects my feelings on how the last thread ended.

I'm off to sleep, then we'll get this show on the road :tootzzz:

The ducks are super chill if you want to be buddies with them. Instead, wWe decided to gently caress the ducks and they promptly hosed us right back.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Can you even piss off the elves?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
You gently caress with the ducks, you gon' get the beak.

or, if we're being honest, the terrifying corkscrew shaped and spine laden penis.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Iretep posted:

Can you even piss off the elves?

Only the beastfolk, dwarves, dragonewts, and trolls can destroy your clan. Pissing off other factions just makes them either raid you more or get more negative events from them.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

The Procession of the Animals, where Uralda the Cow Mother led the sacred herds into Orlanth's stead

Chinkis Mor, the Elf Warlord.

Orlanth, the Father.

Australi

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
1.Barntar Plow dem oxen
2. Faralinthor, Salty Lord of the Sea Because Pirates
3. Uralda Cow Mother? More like Cow AWESOME
4. Barfarts

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

The Bold Kobold posted:

1) When Lhankor Mhy, the Knowing God, learned how to use the marking bone, which could mark signs of power upon anything.
2) Ves Venna, Warlord of the Ice Tribe.
3) Orlanth, the Father.
4) Mighty Duck.

I'm down with all of this.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Meta-Mollusk posted:

Well Cragspider is legit a full out god who never signed all that hands off poo poo so still gets to be fully on the material plane instead of off on the godplane, so yeah, she will WRECK YOUR poo poo

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
So lore questions:

a) Why is the Pharaoh so evil?

b) Why are we so mean to beastmen when our Stormbull god is one?

c) Why are the ducks the same culture as us?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I legit wish that one of the heroquests in this game was "Urox kills some chaos" and every stage was "There's a chaos beast. Do you fight it? Yes/no"

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

cheetah7071 posted:

I legit wish that one of the heroquests in this game was "Urox kills some chaos" and every stage was "There's a chaos beast. Do you fight it? Yes/no"

The actual best quest.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

cheetah7071 posted:

"As Urox, you approach a Chaos beast. Do you:
A) Chop the beast with your axe.
B) Gore the beast with your horns.
C) Kick the beast in the stomach"

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Meta-Mollusk posted:

That may be, but she's useful for sacrificing your useless rear end nobles. Honestly, I don't ever recall them getting up in your grill too much aside from the occassional raid. Maybe I'm just incredibly lucky

Also yes. Urox heroquest is basically.

"You see Chaos do yo-"
A) KILLMAIMDIEDIEDIEAARGHBLGHRGH
B) Leave the realm of the gods (you pussy)

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
1. When Odayla did the Hundred-Day Hunt
2. Chinkis Mor, the Stupid Elf
3. Ernalda the Mother Goddess
4. (The Amazing Chan and the) Chan Clan

In order to wipe out the elves, we need to think like an elf. We can count on the sneaky bastards never meeting us in a straight-up fight; therefore we must excel in hunting and tracking. Odayla, god of hunters, will lend us the skills to find our foes as they skulk in the woods. Ernalda, the earth goddess, will give us the plant magic to fight them on their own turf. Later on, a shrine to Vinga wouldn't hurt either.

Not all Orlanthi will understand the necessity of elvish extermination. Some clans might even be friendly with them! They, of course, will be the first to die. :black101:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Drakenel posted:

That may be, but she's useful for sacrificing your useless rear end nobles. Honestly, I don't ever recall them getting up in your grill too much aside from the occassional raid. Maybe I'm just incredibly lucky

Also yes. Urox heroquest is basically.

"You see Chaos do yo-"
A) KILLMAIMDIEDIEDIEAARGHBLGHRGH
B) Leave the realm of the gods (you pussy)

That's fixed in this version I heard. Do it too much and you'll get an apocalypse event.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

Only the beastfolk, dwarves, dragonewts, and trolls can destroy your clan. Pissing off other factions just makes them either raid you more or get more negative events from them.

There's one more! Though it was bugged all to hell in earlier releases. The Uroxi can band together and destroy your clan if you are too chaotic. Well, there's a scene in the game data for it anyway.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Gridlocked posted:

So lore questions:

I'm not entirely sure about the other two, but as for the Pharaoh:

He showed up one day worshipping gods nobody had ever heard of(Orlanthi culture is xenophobic as all gently caress, so this is Bad), conquered our homeland & killed the old ruler. Then he declared it the Holy Country, saying it was holy because he ruled it(which is also Bad, because his weird poo poo isn't holy like our good old fashioned Orlanthi gods are). He persecuted anyone who didn't embrace his rule, which includes all the people who fled to Dragon Pass.

Also he hijacks other people's bodies to stay alive forever and makes them fight in a tournament for the 'honor' of being his new vessel.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
I'm tired....I just realized that we're talking about spoilers again.

We should really stop doing that.

mauman fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Aug 6, 2015

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Haifisch posted:

I'm not entirely sure about the other two, but as for the Pharaoh:

He showed up one day worshipping gods nobody had ever heard of(Orlanthi culture is xenophobic as all gently caress, so this is Bad), conquered our homeland & killed the old ruler. Then he declared it the Holy Country, saying it was holy because he ruled it(which is also Bad, because his weird poo poo isn't holy like our good old fashioned Orlanthi gods are). He persecuted anyone who didn't embrace his rule, which includes all the people who fled to Dragon Pass.

Also he hijacks other people's bodies to stay alive forever and makes them fight in a tournament for the 'honor' of being his new vessel.

The Orlanthi tribes do have kind of a biased view of Belintar, aka Pharaoh, who is a literal god-king and terrifying as gently caress.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Yeah, the in-game lore is much less kind to him. But it comes with awesome art, so I know which version of events I believe. :colbert:

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Wait, wait. So the Pharaoh, big bad evil dude of King of Dragon pass, is the guy who got dunked on by Jar-Eel in Prince of Sartar?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Selachian posted:

The Orlanthi tribes do have kind of a biased view of Belintar, aka Pharaoh, who is a literal god-king and terrifying as gently caress.

Haifisch posted:

Yeah, the in-game lore is much less kind to him. But it comes with awesome art, so I know which version of events I believe. :colbert:

So an Immortal Egypitian Lich King? I wanna work for him, he sounds boss.

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

Which LP had the guy who hated the Elves for no good reason again?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Elric posted:

That was Mystic Mongol's LP.

The guy's name was Burginator Fedarkos and he really hated elves.

Edit: I can't remember if I actually read Haifisch's or not. Time to check. Oh gently caress I remember why I didn't read this Part 41 is part 1 and it's all over the place.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Aug 6, 2015

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Elric posted:

The dude was Fedarkos and I think that was mystic mongol's.

Haifisch had a dude, Loricon I think, who hated the undead.

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011
1) When Roitina, lady of dance, first did the Clan-making Dance.
2) Chinkis Mor, the Elf Warlord.
3) None: we retained worship of our Living Deity: Urox, the Storm Bull.
4) Australi

Also, make sure to sacrifice to Vinga if you're sending out lots of exploration parties, she's called the Adventuress for a reason.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
:allears:
Love the setting

1- When Lhankor Mhy, the Knowing God, learned how to use the marking bone, which could mark signs of power upon anything
2- Ves Venna, Warlord of the Ice Tribe
3- Orlanth, the Father.
4- Just add one to the winning name

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
1. Drop-bear hunt
2. Salty lord
3. Ancestors

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Elric posted:

They are elves, that is reason enough.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!

Gridlocked posted:

So lore questions:

b) Why are we so mean to beastmen when our Stormbull god is one?

c) Why are the ducks the same culture as us?

a) Belintar the God-King (Pharaoh hasn't been used for a few decades now, but the game is old, so what can you do :v: ) is hardly evil. Our guys just don't like him. After the catastrophic events of the previous age (one of which is shown in our clan-making screen when the dragons up and ate the biggest army the world has ever mustered) one day he just swam up on the shores of the Shadowlands (a feat, considering at that point nobody could sail on the seas) and declared the place to be the Holy Country, because he was destined to rule it. The Only Old One, the darkness demi-god that ruled the place objected, the two fought and the God-King won.

The people of Heortland, which was one of the lands ruled by the Only Old One objected to this, because Orlanthi are fuckin' contrarians. He killed their High King, then brought him back to life, and a lot of people agreed to follow him, but a lot others stomped their feet and said "nope, doesn't count!". To avoid kinstrife they left Heortland and walked into Dragon Pass, which had been uninhabited for a few decades at that point.

Meanwhile, in the Holy Country, the God-King brought unity, prosperity and peace between the various peoples he ruled. But gently caress that, right?

b) Stormbull is not a beastman, simple as that. He is not a beast, he is not a man - he is a god. He is a divine being, the Desert Wind that scours the flesh off your bones and fills your lungs with sand. He is violence and hatred and anger.

The only the Orlanthi tolerate him is that he is the only god to excel at finding the forces of the Predark (also called Chaos). True, the minotaurs claim their divine ancestry comes from when Stormbull wanted to impress a goddess and so turned his front hooves into hands so he can throw a huge boulder into space, but being descendants of one of the biggest shitheads in the world is hardly a fact to make you like them.

Storm bull had just as much of a hand of actually bringing Chaos into the world as all of the other gods, so he's just a massive prick.

c) Why not? The Dragon Pass area has been populated by the Vingkotling (and then Heortling) culture since before the Great Darkness of the Godtime. There have been moments, like after the Dragonkill War, when there were no humans around, yes, but beyond that the Orlanthi have been the dominant culture of this region literally since before Time began. So no why wouldn't the ducks have the same culture? They worship the same gods too, after all. The two are related.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I just realized your tag: I used to be a duck once.

TRAITOR! YOU WERE A SPY FOR THE DUCKS THE WHOLE TIME!

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

Well Cragspider is legit a full out god who never signed all that hands off poo poo so still gets to be fully on the material plane instead of off on the godplane, so yeah, she will WRECK YOUR poo poo

Wait, that was an option? I thought Time only worked because all the gods made the agreement with the spider lady who wove Time together?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Orlanthi are the best fantasy not!Vikings, ducks are the best fantasy non-LOTR race (much like Krogan are the best sci-fi race).

My first experience with KoDP was on 4chan, and it was hoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!

Gyre posted:

Wait, that was an option? I thought Time only worked because all the gods made the agreement with the spider lady who wove Time together?

It's not an option, AtomikKrab is just wrong. :v: Cragspider is a demi-goddess, but she's not a full deity. She is, however, powerful enough that she chose to remain a demi-god and not ascend, since doing so would bind her into the Compromise and make her unable to directly act within the world, just like all of the other gods. So she holds herself back in order to help her followers and enact her plans.

There is no god that can exist within Time. The Red Goddess was one for a bit, which broke the Compromise and all of the old gods showed up and fought with her. She won, yes, but what she won was that she was accepted by them as a goddess...which meant she also removed herself from the mortal world by creating the Red Moon.

quote:

Orlanthi are the best fantasy not!Vikings

Which is fair assessment, since they are not vikings in the least. Well, they kind of look like ones in KoDP, but this is case of Your Glorantha Will Vary. :)

• Locked thread