Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Jenx posted:

It's not an option, AtomikKrab is just wrong. :v: Cragspider is a demi-goddess, but she's not a full deity. She is, however, powerful enough that she chose to remain a demi-god and not ascend, since doing so would bind her into the Compromise and make her unable to directly act within the world, just like all of the other gods. So she holds herself back in order to help her followers and enact her plans.

There is no god that can exist within Time. The Red Goddess was one for a bit, which broke the Compromise and all of the old gods showed up and fought with her. She won, yes, but what she won was that she was accepted by them as a goddess...which meant she also removed herself from the mortal world by creating the Red Moon.

Which is fair assessment, since they are not vikings in the least. Well, they kind of look like ones in KoDP, but this is case of Your Glorantha Will Vary. :)

They look like Celts to me. Some of their armor is stuff from bronze age Persia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Jenx posted:

Which is fair assessment, since they are not vikings in the least. Well, they kind of look like ones in KoDP, but this is case of Your Glorantha Will Vary. :)

Yeah, they really look a lot more like anglo-saxons then out and out scandanavians in KODP, don't they?

In glorantha proper though, they are supposed to have a lot more etruscan, Mycenaean greek and early vedic indian influences in their style.

Gridlocked posted:

They look like Celts to me. Some of their armor is stuff from bronze age Persia?

They do not look like celts. In KODP anyway. Well, except for a bunch of wierdoes we may or may not see later on. You'll see them and the difference is immediate and noticeable.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Orlanthi are a glorious mix of of viking, celt, Scythian and a couple other ancient cultures tossed together then blended til smooth.

And whatever we do, be sure to appease Eurmal at all times.

He's the best god.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!

NewMars posted:

In glorantha proper though, they are supposed to have a lot more etruscan, Mycenaean greek and early vedic indian influences in their style.

They do not look like celts. In KODP anyway. Well, except for a bunch of wierdoes we may or may not see later on. You'll see them and the difference is immediate and noticeable.

Yeah they are etruscans or Mycenaean greeks mixed with hindu influences, some Hettite for good measure and some random weirdness that doesn't fit into any of these. In general Gloranthan cultures are their own thing, so drawing too broad a parallels between them and ancient cultures in our world is kind of reductionist.

As for that event - are you talking about The Most Poorly Thought Out Expedition Ever, where a bunch of Ralians just show up out of the nowhere, having only barely a clue as to where they're supposed to be going? Because I love that event!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Still in bed.. Prolly gonna go back to sleep.. Will you knuckleheads knock it off with the spoilers please?

General discussion thread is this way, and is far better suited for that sort of discussion.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Dude, like 90% of the fun in these threads are the lore derails.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Cathulhu posted:

This. The Lore IS the game. Wait till you do Hero Quests. You will see.

Anyway: Does this version still have the weaponthane glitch where if they are wounded/sick it doesn't appear to count them for recruiting more?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Infinitum posted:

Still in bed.. Prolly gonna go back to sleep.. Will you knuckleheads knock it off with the spoilers please?

General discussion thread is this way, and is far better suited for that sort of discussion.

99.9999999% of he lore discussion that's going to come up isn't really a spoiler - it's deep background that's, at best, obliquely referenced as background information in an event that you may or may not even see. But the fact that that information exists at all is a big part of what makes kodp so rich and also what makes these LP threads so much fun.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cathulhu posted:

Sorry I was like bleary eyed and saw the last one talking about an event :v:

Tallying the votes now..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6eQ78HCGEA

quote:

- When Roitina, lady of dance, first did the Clan-making Dance. 10
- When Barntar, son of Orlanth and Ernalda, learned of harnessing oxen to plow 8
- The Healing of Orlanth, when the merciful goddess Chalana Arroy joined Orlanth's tribe. 4
- The Hundred-Day Hunt, when Orlanth and his son Odayla tracked the Sky Bear. 4
- When Lhankor Mhy, the Knowing God, learned how to use the marking bone, which could mark signs of power upon anything 4
- Jested's Settlement, where Orlanth and Issaries the Talking God outwitted foreign deities in a difficult negotiation. 3
- The Procession of the Animals, where Uralda the Cow Mother led the sacred herds into Orlanth's stead 3
- When Pella, the pottery goddess, made the first pot to store grain in. 0

- Chinkis Mor, the Elf Warlord. 14
- Ves Venna, Warlord of the Ice Tribe 10
- Tada the Green, champion of the flat land called Prax 6
- Faralinthor, Salty Lord of the Sea 4
- Boztakang the Troll Lord. 3
- Ukkar Gra, King of the Basmoli Beastmen. 0

- None we retained worship of our Living Deity: Urox, the Storm Bull. 11
- Orlanth, the Father. 7
- Ernalda, the Mother Goddess. 4
- Issaries, the Talking God. 4
- Uralda, the Cow Mother. 4
- Lhankor Mhy, the Knowing God. 3
- None. Our ancestors were good enough. 2
- None we retained worship of our Living Deity: Odayla the Hunter. 1
- Chalana Arroy, the Healing Goddess. 1
- None we retained worship of our Living Deity: Elmal, the Loyal Thane. 0

Australi - 11
Duckfriends - 7
Antidaephobia - 6
Mighty Ducks - 3
Misc - 1 each

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Aug 6, 2015

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tales tell of the House of Wu, a short-lived clan who dug too deepily, dug too greedily, and paid the ultimate price for their hubris...

Fortunately we are not those sorry folk, we are

quote:

Clan Australi :australia:

And we're here to gently caress poo poo up!
Just not the ducks. Jesus christ not the ducks

Here's our clan history. Results of the voting are above.

Welcome back to the stage of history!
In the effort of getting the ball rolling again as quick as possible, I'll be blitzing my way through these first few screens.

:ducksiren: :ducksiren:

Point assignment is a pretty standard affair. We won't be doing anything crazy our first year out.

Wait.. :stare:

No it can't be... :stonk:

THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE... :stonklol:

Guess who's back. Back again. Shady's back. Tell a friend.

He's even named Harran again...

:negative:

*sigh*

I didn't even get a turn in...

First order of business. Reorganise the Clan Ring.

Say hello to our new Board of Directors!

You thought I was joking about Harran didn't you?

Here are our other potential candidates for future reference/booing Infinitum for choosing poorly

Cool. Anything interesting to say lads before we get down to it?

We have the finest-looking young women of any clan.
I just wanted one post Harran... that's all I'm asking

Let's take stock of our clan then.

Nothing worth mentioning on the population side of things. We'll be bulking those Weaponthanes up in a moment.

Here's our farming situation optimised.

Next up. What's the situation in the Pass looking like?

(N) = Neighbour

Alliances - Rangdani

Feuds - Blackrock (Hidden under Whitehorse), Osgosi (N)

Favours Due - Eagle (N), Greydog (N), Heran, Old Owl, Orladnast, Stag Hearth, White Horse (N), Wolf (N)

Favours we owe Badger, Enhyli, Hillhaven, Jenestni, Woodpecker (N), Zethnoring (N)

Trading Partners - Greydog (N), Hillhaven

Tribes - Colymar

Treasures - Blacktail the Bull

Not bad, not bad. Quite a few favours we owe this time. Having a neighbour as a trading partner is probably going to be super useful.
Again, this isn't too shabby at all.

Cool. That's the information out of the way. Let's get down to business.

BAM. Recruited some weaponthanes.

BAM. Found some gemstones.

Rangoron, a fine young weaponthane of your clan, wishes to marry Ostlana of the Undaroli Clan. Ostlana's mother, Veoslina, has been given permission by her clan to dispose of any marriage suits. She wants Rangoron to steal the magical plow of the Blue Spruces and give it to the Undaroli.

If we refuse Rangoron, we risk dissension in the ranks. If Rangoron steals the plow, we risk a feud with the Blue Spruces
"Gods I'm so pretty. If only I had a mirror"

The Blue Spruces will not take kindly to the theft of their greatest treasure. (5)

If the Blue Spruces cannot protect their greatest treasure, they don't deserve to keep it. (1,3)

The plow will be well-guarded. Alone, Rangoron has less than half a chance of success. (3)

The Undaroli are prosperous; the marriage would be advantageous. (1,2,3)

What a great and romantic tale this shall make! (3)
Hey honey, remember that time I stole a plough so I could plough you? Good times.

The Blue Spruces are well-known for their fertility magic. We should curry their favour. (4)

And we're off! What say you Australi? :boonie:

- Allow Rangoron to try to steal the plow.
- Ask Ostlana's ring to reconsider the terms of marriage.
- Help Rangoron steal the plow.
- Warn the Blue Spruces that the Underoli covet their plow.
- "Rangoron, you must not court the daughter of a treacherous person"

quote:

:eng101:
Blue Spruces are our neighbours! They're known for the fertility of their fields.
Undaroli are known for their large cattle herds.

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Aug 8, 2015

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Harran just refuses to die. No ducks gonna get that man down

Let him steal the plow, the power of love will prevail!!

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Let's help Rangoron steal the plow! I'm sure nothing will go wrong.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Help steal treasure!

Also. let's start pissing off the elf by maxing crop land / pasture and minimize wild land.

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

Chic Trombone posted:

Harran just refuses to die. No ducks gonna get that man down

IMO Harran literally refused to die. Like, he mooned Humakt and said "no way, man". The only reason he's still sticking around is we don't have a Humakti on our ring to point out that Harran seems rather pale and smells bad even for an Eurmali.

Also, listen to Korlmar, he has excellent combat and knows we should help Rangoron steal the plow.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Let love prevail and give him help, just one man will do.

Really, that's all you need. And also, let it be known that nothing gets a trickster down.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

harran is a trickster, he probably dressed up like a duck when the beast horde came.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Nyaa posted:

harran is a trickster, he probably dressed up like a duck when the beast horde came.

Being a trickster, a decent disguise is out of the question. Either he actually did turn into a duck, or he wore a cardboard tube bill and stuck a couple dozen chicken feathers to his face.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Knowing my luck Harran probably got paid to open the front gates for the ducks

And now he's back

:negative:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

"Look mate, d'you really want a dog like this? I reckon her clan ain't being fair dinkum here. Feels to me like they're taking you for a proper drongo."

I'm so sorry for this Aussies.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

i am imagining he wearing the hollowed out duck head that someone lopped off in that one battle.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Let's help steal the plow.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
The Blue Spruces have naturally fertile fields, a magic plow for them is just overkill. Let's help steal it to spread the wealth a bit.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Let him do it, but don't help. This is a test for him, not him and whatever hobos we send along with him.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Undaroli have huge herds of cattle. We need their help more than corn fields. ..

Help her

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Hahahaha, yessssss, Harran. Tricksters are the best. :allears:

Help him.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Haifisch posted:

Let him do it, but don't help. This is a test for him, not him and whatever hobos we send along with him.

This it's his rear end on the line for her rear end.

Harran is the best. :patriot:

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Holy gently caress that trickster.

Send 2 thanes to help that poor fucker.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

From the last thread

looks like we're either this clan or that clan

looks like harran's gonna get fat or dead

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
I'm betting that Harran is actually Eurmal himself in one of his many guises.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Orlanth performed the feats Ernalda asked of him alone (I think), so that's the way All Marriages Should Be Done.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Ah good ole Harran.

May he always show them buttocks :redass:

Ah hell what could go wrong? Help him

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Australi culture is all about helping your mates out. And there's no finer tradition than helping your mates get laid.

Meta-Mollusk posted:

Let's help Rangoron steal the plow! I'm sure nothing will go wrong.

We sent 2 Weaponthanes off with him.

+Warrior Morale

Oh well. Least we didn't kill any Weaponthanes... and they seem happy about it regardless.

And hey back-to-back events.

Sartar's still kickin about!

We can always use an extra weaponthane.
Right you are Varsens! My god your lips are lush..

Orlkensor carries himself as a true warrior. The weaponthanes will be offended if he is not treated well. Or, on the other hand, if he is treated better than they.

Brandgor is known for his volatile temper.

Honestly this is just seems like good advice all around, and for sake of speeding things along we went the obvious choice.

Sorry I'm not terrible at this game anymore :parrot:

BAM. More exploring.

BAM. More weaponthanes. We're at 21 now.

A warrior of Urox from the Blue Spruces appears in a rage, demanding that Orlkensor Bronzebones, the outlaw you took in last season, come out to fight him. "You have besmirched my honour, and must pay with your life," the Uroxi cries. Orlkensor is in your clan hall. He refuses to confront the man. "I have sworn a sacred vow to Ernalda that I will not harm him. And if we fight, on of us will surely die."

If we offend the Uroxi, we could have trouble with all of the Storm Bulls in Dragon Pass. (4)

As good Orlanthi... well, it's not easy to say what we should do.

Whew. For a second there, I thought he was after me. (2)
What did you do this time you piece of poo poo?

Orlkensor is one of us now. (5)

The feud between the Alkana and Red Hay clans began with a personal dispute between two thanes.

Neither man is about to waver.

All the Storm Bulls in the valley will attack us if this Uroxi is killed! (2)

Man this is just a :can:

- Ask Orlkensor why the Uroxi seeks him.
- Ask the Uroxi why his honour is besmirched.
- Demand that Orlkensor fight the Uroxi.
- Suggest that they resolve their differences peacefully.
- Use force to drive the Uroxi off

quote:

:eng101:
Urox is the living god we currently worship.
Blue Spruces are our neighbours! They're known for the fertility of their fields.

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Aug 6, 2015

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oh hey, the first clan died before I had a chance to catch up, but I'll get in on the ground floor with clan Australi. You drongos. Mate. Fosters.

Ask to reconsider terms of marriage

While it is fun to see a clan fumble around, Blue Spruces already dislike us. A silly marriage gift is no reason to risk a feud.

EDIT: gently caress, first vote and I'm already late. Have them duel, it's not good to piss off Uroxi.

Lord Hypnostache fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 6, 2015

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Peace? Maybe we can get an arm wrestling competition again

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Use force to drive the Uroxi away

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
DUEL! :black101:

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Urox is a stubborn dick. That means he's okay if we're stubborn dicks back, it's stubborn dicks all the way down.

Tell the Uroxi to gently caress off. (with force)

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Let's try peace. Honour is sacred, but a vow is more so, a vow to the gods even more.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

can't say no to Duel!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
Give peace a chance

(I'd vote for asking the Uroxi why his honor is besmirched but that doesn't have a chance to win with how the voting is going down)

• Locked thread