Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
1. When Odayla did the Hundred-Day Hunt
2. Chinkis Mor, the Stupid Elf
3. Ernalda the Mother Goddess
4. (The Amazing Chan and the) Chan Clan

In order to wipe out the elves, we need to think like an elf. We can count on the sneaky bastards never meeting us in a straight-up fight; therefore we must excel in hunting and tracking. Odayla, god of hunters, will lend us the skills to find our foes as they skulk in the woods. Ernalda, the earth goddess, will give us the plant magic to fight them on their own turf. Later on, a shrine to Vinga wouldn't hurt either.

Not all Orlanthi will understand the necessity of elvish extermination. Some clans might even be friendly with them! They, of course, will be the first to die. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

The Blue Spruces have naturally fertile fields, a magic plow for them is just overkill. Let's help steal it to spread the wealth a bit.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

I'm betting that Harran is actually Eurmal himself in one of his many guises.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

Plunder an enemy during Fire season, and call on an ally to help. We could use more goods to keep unlocking those blessings & heroquests, and we'll probably bring home some cows as well. Moooooo.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

We can afford to lean on the ducks a little bit. We can even be duckfriends, so long as they ducknowledge that we're the boss in the ducklationship. The other clans will admire our duckplomacy. Ask for 50 food per year. The good stuff, not that bread crumbs poo poo.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Subjugate the Ducks and make them give us 50 food

Also? Stop trying to Kill As Many As Possible when you raid. It's almost never a good option unless you're in end game blood feud mode, it's harder to win, and it makes all the clans around you really angry. The goal of any good raid is to take their stuff and run. Always Plunder unless you have a good reason not to.

(Good reasons not to include: obliterating old enemies in late game, burning steads to push another clan off the map, taking captives from a very weakened clan to extract more in ransom than you could plunder.)

Agreed, choosing to Plunder gives us the best chance of ... plunder. It's also an easier objective and should cause fewer casualties on our side.

I'm fine with the other objectives (captives, burning steads, slaughter) if we're doing it to a feud enemy, but maybe only when we've snuck past their patrols and have them outnumbered.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

Cows are wealth. We want to be on Uralda's good side. Plus, any excuse for a feast!

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

Let's wait another year to heroquest, and try to build our magic stock a bit before then. Luckily our Spirit Fetches will help with that!

I'd like to see us try to set up a trade route with someone. Keep them silver rings rolling in. I don't know whether it's Diplomacy or Trade magic that helps with that.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

Resurrect those ten cows and give them to her. :zombie:

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

Deadmeat5150 posted:

So if anyone has any Eurmal or Urox related questions I'll be happy to field them. I learned far more about being an Urox and a Eurmali than is probably healthy when actually playing Heroquest.
I've been trying to get a handle on where Eurmal lies on the whole good guy/bad guy spectrum.

He's a trickster, obviously, but is he more the "good" kind of trickster, where his antics are gifts and lessons in disguise, or the "bad" kind where he's just an rear end in a top hat? Given the Orlanthi mad-on for all things Chaos, it's a little surprising to me that they'd revere a dude whose shtick is, basically, creating chaos. Plus he seems to have done some geniunely bad stuff in the myths. I guess I'm curious as to how the Orlanthi view him and what value they see in worshipping him (and putting his adherents on their clan ring!). In a lore sense, I mean; I understand the value in a game mechanics sense.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

2 to War, 1 each to Trade, Herds and Mysteries.

We're still relative newcomers to this land, so let's pick a spot on the map and explore it! Send someone we won't miss much if they vanish without a trace.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

So part of the Uralda GodLARP involves siccing a pack of real wolves on your LARPer?

God drat Uralda is hardcore.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

This is why you never buy wine from Joe Walsh.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

Sometimes, the artwork for a heroquest shows the hero LARPing it up in the real world, but the text will say something like "When so-and-so returned from the god plane ..." Do people physically disappear from the real world while on questing, or are they acting in real world and god world simultaneously? What is happening to the quester from the POV of real world observers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

Ze Pollack posted:

It is also important to register that an important part of this and indeed most other ancient religious observances is everyone involved getting fuuuucked uuuupppp to the point they'd be having a hard time telling what's real and what's a figment of their imaginations well before people started throwing magic into the mix.

Now I want a "Hangover" sequel where they wake up in a field and they have to figure out why Ed Helms is in a cow outfit and Zach Galifianakis is a pile of severed limbs.

• Locked thread