Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Urox is a stubborn dick. That means he's okay if we're stubborn dicks back, it's stubborn dicks all the way down.

Tell the Uroxi to gently caress off. (with force)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Raiding isn't about killing. It's about Getting Dat Fukkin Loot. Unless you're in some serious loving hatfield v mccoy blood feud poo poo, you shouldn't be trying to kill everyone. It's a bit more like 'borrowing' your neighbor's power tools and sometimes he gets pissed and you maybe fist fight each other sometimes over the fact that you have his tools but he took your wheelbarrow but it all kinda evens out in the end. Orlanthi raid each other, that's normal. It's boring during the Fire season, there's not much to do besides get drunk and go brawl with the neighbors. Killing each other excessively, that's not what you do. Sometimes people die or get hurt but that's unfortunate, it's not the end goal.

Sometimes you wanna rearrange the borders between tulas by force, but usually you just want dat loot.

Also, be all chill with the ducks. Ask them what's up, offer some peace bro.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

lurksion posted:

Hmm. Generally agree with not killing dudes. But I think it can be optimal in certain circumstances, like if you really want to bully a clan into the ground, because I found that killing people actually does have an effect on their population and they will have fewer dudes to defend. Though dunno if the delayed gain is worth it, and you kind of need to be already stronger in order to consistently pull that off too.

Yeah, but we aren't doing that here. Australi should just be brawling and looting at this point in time, it's way too early for us to think about trying to wipe another clan from existence. We've barely even been here a whole year!

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Shamans are pretty great. If we've been having issues with regards to low magic, then you should buy a few fetches. Otherwise they look hungry, give them a nice meal.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
When Maran Gor sits around the tula, she sits around the tula.

E: Maran Gor proves that you don't need to be a Storm deity to be Thunderous.

e2: I'm saying she's really fat

GenericOverusedName fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Aug 8, 2015

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Time for round two, Harran!

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Okay this rock seems pretty chill. Let's give it an annual sacrifice. I mean we can certainly afford it. I mean even if it is just a boring old rock what's a few sheep a year gonna be missed?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Oh god oh gently caress what is that she's half spider and on fire and is a crazy troll demigod or something we're all gonna die. "Please spare our miserable lives, o powerful one!"

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Real chat, trolls are pretty drat awesome, and a bit tragic. Yeah they really don't deal well with light and eat everything, but if you can get past those things you can get along pretty well. Well, maybe not with trollkin, but even most trolls find them to be pretty awful.

If you want to kill the gently caress out of some chaos, getting some trolls on your side isn't a bad idea!

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Thanakyris posted:

All glory to Urox! (4)

Also, Walktopus, really? Did they run out of cool made up names? Actually, I choose to believe that Urox made up that name. Sounds about as creative as he could be.

It's Chaos, it doesn't care what you think of it.

Smash the gently caress out of it for our good buddy Urox (4).

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Dinictus posted:

I remember one of the Heroquests featuring a dragon that turned out to be a cloth creature for one of the godLARP participants to hide under for plot reasons.

I can only imagine these Chaos crabs to be similarly constructed to be giant cloth puppets held up by six, eight poles as if they were legs, and then get torn apart by the people holding the puppet up right when the Uroxi heroquester is waving his sword or axe at it.

Heroquesting is strange. The chaos creature may or may not have been represented by something in the real world. It could have just been happening entirely in the godsplane, with none of our audience the wider. Or a real chaos creature might have shown up and fought with the real Urox in the middle of our tula. Or maybe it was all metaphorical, or all of those things at once.

GenericOverusedName fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Aug 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Earth goddesses in general tend to have yonic metaphors all over the place.

• Locked thread