Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

In the long term we should definitely bully the Black Rock until they run away and give us a better looking map.

But the Ducks? Charge them rent. (50 food)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I think every problem involving mud can be solved with more mud.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Also there's this horrible force of chaos that does terrible things like making Broo who will gently caress your animals to make more Broo, or summoning horrible monsters, or making everyone sick, and the Lunars and the Red Moon are kind of way into chaos but in some weird new way that doesn't make much sense.

I'm pretty sure that in the last LP of this game with an Elmali clan, half the ring were secretly chaos cultists.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Glorantha is a really weird setting. There are at least as much horrible implications about things as there are cool neat things.

Although that's what comes of creating a setting where most of the superstitions of the past 8,000 years are true.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The Godlearners weren't even the only powergamers in Glorantha, they were just being massive assholes about it. They could've gotten away with a lot more if they had played nice with the other powerful entities in control of the universe.

Kind of an in-lore reminder to tabletop players.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Yeah, we'll get riiiight on that. (4)

We don't desperately need to cling onto that feud, but it wouldn't hurt to keep it going either. It doesn't really matter for now. :geno:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I'm inclined to say keep doing quests. Really see how much we can get away with. :sherman:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

If we send our weaponthanes to go with them, it won't be our fault if they starve to death. Do that.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I think the standard answer is that it's both and neither, because the specifics of Glorantha are meant to be ambiguous and often contradictory, much like the heroquest of Greg Stafford eats his cake and still has it afterwards.

Speaking of ambiguity, let the trickster do his tricks, and don't ask no questions about it.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The United Kingdom. :britain:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

We didn't just become top hep-cat of the tribe just to not throw our weight around.

Get some other smelly tribes to do it.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Magic items are so tempting...but acting like dragonfriends would damage our magic...but we could trade it away for so many cows!

Keep it.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Make an alliance with another tribe. That way you can arrange a big ol'fancy war with the Torkani later on.

And maybe while you're trying to befriend the Ducks, try cozying up with the White Horses to entribe the tribeless.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Purposefully get lost in the godrealm.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

If an octopus has come onto land, then nothing is safe! Do it as a favor.

Quick! Before they get into the beer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT97tS_XeaU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I like how this quest connects to another one so you lean what Issaries's stupid question was.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I've never really dug the grimdark parts of Glorantha. It goes from myths and magic and adventures to all of a sudden Warhammer 40k without even a hint of irony.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Jenx posted:

Have you read many myths lately? poo poo gets hosed up all the time, everywhere.

Also big whoop - everyone dies. So what? We know for a fact that the world reassembles itself once more and people and even some remnants of the Elder Races continue to live on it for hundreds of years. So what's the problem here?

People may die, but usually in relatively small numbers, often the most that will die at once in any one story will be an army, or an entire city. The bulk of humanity only goes in special occasions, and certainly never in horrible meatgrinders that emphasize the meaninglessness of the life of a single common man in a crowd. That's a concept that only really came about with modern population densities.

edit: Come to think of it, a lot of Glorantha seems less inspired by mythology and more like a modern gritty reimagining of mythology with some real sci-fi-seeming elements, like the alternate dimension where the gods are, the genuinely alien non-human races, and the explanation for what time is.

SlothfulCobra fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Sep 3, 2015

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

How far down does the water go? Because I would assume that the underworld isn't all wet.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Oh hey, thanks, gods. Have some cows for your trouble.

Infinitum posted:

Gods dammit! Now we're at -3 Magic!

...did Harran change his name? Don't tell me what we have on the ring is another doppelganger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Maybe just shoo them away. We're beating up on our enemies so hard right now it's not even funny.

• Locked thread