Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Peace. Duckbros best bros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Answer his question

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Honour the cow ladies by feasting on lots of cows.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Buy some magic snake oil from these fine, upstanding businessmen.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Do we actually know any heroquests? If we do we should kill someone try one. Otherwise, put another point in mysteries and try to learn one.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

cheetah7071 posted:

We started with Orlanth and Aroka, and an event gave us Humakt the Champion. Not sure if we've gotten any from sacrifices.

In that case, I'd say 2 points in Quests and try for Orlanth's quest this year.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Gantolandon posted:

What prevents a bonded trickster from potentially clan-destroying fuckery, like baiting a walktopus to pass through the tula or impersonating the chief, going to the Heartland and swearing loyalty to the Pharaoh? Self-preservation?

I think most of what a trickster does is what they'd considerer funny and they're not Joker enough that murdering their entire clan is funny.

:tinfoil:

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

If you're dead set on heroquesting again (:rip:) Ernalda's might not be a bad idea. I think it's got an option to improve harvests, so that might help this year.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

:psyduck:

Sneak it into another temple

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Skeleton party!

Kolmar's a big boy, he can sulk in a corner.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Trade. Money can be exchanged for goods and services!

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

3. Whatever, we're still going to gently caress those guys up.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Max crops, herds and war

First thing in the year, go into the farming tab and check what your clan ring says for advice. Increase farmland if you've got enough cows and farmers to work it. Do a lot of cattle raiding.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Another heroquest?! :psyduck:

If you're going to keep pulling this off, you should send some young nobles and strengthen them, start preparing a kickass second generation clan ring.

Can we trust you, magic rock?

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

I'm pretty sure at this point, he'd have a dedicated group of followers believing Infinitum's Eurmal himself.

The goons :argh: as Infinitum murders another helpless heroquest.

ro5s fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Aug 17, 2015

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Decline. It's already going to be a poor harvest, raiding during planting season will kill you, magic food bowl or not.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Compensation. It's more cows.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

We'll never do it again m'lud, 'onnest m'lud.

Holy poo poo, do your weaponthanes fall on their swords as an opening move?

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Max crops, plants, trade and war.

A point or two in mysteries might be useful to try and learn more heroquests, but you'll probably need to concentrate on survival this year. Could you show off the farmland/pasture/wildland ratios and what your clan ring's saying about them?

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Give some magic.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

You magnificent bastard :stonk:

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Owe the brony a favour.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

At this point I'll be shocked if you ever get someone killed.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

I think all the combat options that didn't advance the quest were wrong, though sometimes it seems like you need to choose every option to advance anyway. Multiple fails might make putting your hero back together harder when they're hurt, though I don't know for sure. I think you can just give tears every time there.

This is all guesswork based on vague recollections, so take this with a fair amount of salt.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Haifisch posted:

Basically, I think each combat choice reduces the hidden HP stat for your quester & whatever they're fighting. Whoever's HP hits zero first loses. I have no clue how good each combat option is(probably based on the quester's Magic/Combat?), but spending more in the knitting back together restores more HP for your dude(ette). Probably.

I think that's also why some people die a lot on this quest, because they only give tears & have a weaker quester in each stage.

Do hitpoints affect the Teller of Lies too? I could usually get through the fights giving tears but I'd have trouble with the lost love or oracle. It might be that giving tears left a lot of my questers too weak to resist at that point.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Are the Osogi nearby, or far away? If they're near, 3. We don't trust them since we could (and should) start taking their tula. If they're far away, 4. Prove you mean it.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

2. Give gifts Share the Blackrock Clan's wealth :agesilaus:

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Cerebral Bore posted:

We'd obviously be part of the Bogan tribe.

This would be an excellent fit. A vote for Bogan!

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

The Sharmat posted:

Priorities should be more cows, and exploring and trading for treasure. Put up a Vinga shrine for pathfinder.

Also we have a ton of magic so always max out heroism and destiny if possible. They make your nobles stats go up all the time.

This covers it pretty well.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Give the fish man our magic.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Infinitum posted:

ARGHHHH!!!
Ding ding ding! Round 2 of 'Are You Smarter Than A Rock?!'

Test the rock.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Annual sacrifices to the rock that totally hasn't tricked Harran again.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Ernaldness, captives need to be alive. :stonklol:

Resolve your differences

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Tell someone. Ducks, if it's possible.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Give gifts to the poor bastards who hosed with the ducks dwarves.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Spread the news with the tribe.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Issaries the Conciliator, blind

Death or glory :getin:

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

We'll never come back!

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

We all nearly starved to death because of poor harvests, your pigs didn't help us there. Show some humility (4)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Urox smash walktopus' bones! :downs: (4)

• Locked thread