Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Hmm. Generally agree with not killing dudes. But I think it can be optimal in certain circumstances, like if you really want to bully a clan into the ground, because I found that killing people actually does have an effect on their population and they will have fewer dudes to defend. Though dunno if the delayed gain is worth it, and you kind of need to be already stronger in order to consistently pull that off too.

Also there is at least one treasure Humakt's Sword that improve battle results when going for murder, though I have no idea if it makes victory more likely than a non-murder goal.

Also, 50 food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Neruz posted:

Okay when did Infinitum learn how to win battles and not get all his Weaponthanes killed? :colbert:
Ever since Ernaldness took over murder duty.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
The weaponthane bug is pretty nice when you are able to take advantage of it through an event.

It also kind of works if you send out thanes exploring (they don't count either). However that doesn't appear abusable though (I tried), because there does seem to be some kind of soft check on their numbers. Basically the thanes you send out exploring all die, so you just waste two turns to end up with the same number of weaponthanes (e.g. send 20 out exploring, recruit 20 more, that exploration party is never coming back - I was never successful with that).

So don't explore =p

lurksion fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Sep 25, 2015

• Locked thread