Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

If a white nerdy dude buys and fixes up a beatup boxy 80's-90's sedan, throw giant spinners on it, put some 18's in the trunk, and add hydraulics, am they a bad person?

Is this cultural appropriation?

What if its in florida?

Asking for a friend, thanks in advance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
permission to come aboard?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
The look on the cops face will be priceless when he pulls you over expecting to write a ticket!

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
i'll get back to you on this op

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

There are cars rolling in and out of my apartment complex 24/7 that shake all the buildings with their bass boosted pitch drop rap music.

I want to fit in and become a respected member of my community without ending up on tumblr

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Gay Hitler posted:

There are cars rolling in and out of my apartment complex 24/7 that shake all the buildings with their bass boosted pitch drop rap music.

I want to fit in and become a respected member of my community without ending up on tumblr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VK4IAAFrPo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOY9PTt2q1c

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
oh gently caress i foudn the OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hsOu8aZdXw

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I drove to work this morning sipping on gin and juice.

DonJNavarro
Aug 16, 2000
I am so smart!....S-M-R-T!

:dukedog:
dude everyone knows beastie boys invented bass music with brass monkey. youre good to go!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I never understood the bass thing

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Larry Parrish posted:

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

Larry Parrish posted:

I understand it. I'm so hood

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
as long as you dont drive a hoopty

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
same question but for a black guy in a bmw

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Larry Parrish posted:

You must be the whitest person alive.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
I thought that the bass thing ended in like 2003 at the latest, I haven't heard a bass car in traffic in years. I bet that the OP lives in Texas.

Also, it's v. problematic to call those cars "gangstermobiles"; they are "donks" if they are large passenger cars from the 70s, 80s, (and from the '90s if they are a Caprice or Crown Vic). These are the cars that have giant chrome wheels on them.

If it has hydraulics it would be a lowrider and wouldn't have the giant wheels, it would have Daytons.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

City of Tampa posted:

I thought that the bass thing ended in like 2003 at the latest, I haven't heard a bass car in traffic in years. I bet that the OP lives in Texas.

Also, it's v. problematic to call those cars "gangstermobiles"; they are "donks" if they are large passenger cars from the 70s, 80s, (and from the '90s if they are a Caprice or Crown Vic). These are the cars that have giant chrome wheels on them.

If it has hydraulics it would be a lowrider and wouldn't have the giant wheels, it would have Daytons.

Where do buicks fit in?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Darth123123 posted:

Where do buicks fit in?

anything post 1988 would be "Poor white person car" anything pre 89 is a hoopty candidate

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug
Rented a car from some discount place last time I was in Miami, and it was clearly a reclaimed drug dealer's car. My husband and I are the whitest people ever and blasted pop punk from the stereo it was p funny.

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

City of Tampa posted:

No it needs both big wheels with spinners and hydraulics. This fusion is to be dubbed ganstermobile

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
you'll always be stinkbug guy to me, Gay Hitler.

I haven't heard pounding bass in traffic for at least a couple years now. Like where your windows are vibrating from the car two cars back.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

My brother used to be able to set off car alarms p easily with his system back in 2000

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Darth123123 posted:

Where do buicks fit in?

'80s regals can go either way really, I'm not sure what other RWD Buicks there were in the 80s.

Gay Hitler posted:

No it needs both big wheels with spinners and hydraulics. This fusion is to be dubbed ganstermobile

yeah but you need to do all kinds of hokey poo poo to jack most cars up enough to fit the giant chrome wheels under them, so you won't have the suspension travel necessary for hydraulics to work properly.

you could probably do it in a minitruck with extensive enough body modifications.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
The concept of cultural appropriation is inherently fraudulent and racist.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

notZaar posted:

The concept of cultural appropriation is inherently fraudulent and racist.

It was conceived by a white person, so what do you expect?

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
I thought (and wiki agrees) that donks vs boxes vs bubbles is a generational thing.... donks are from early 70s (some also say only impalas count since the name came from the "donkey' emblem), boxes are the late 70s-80s slabs like regals/cutlasses/montes, then the late 80s caprice/crown vics are bubbles

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
TOO HOOD FOR MY OWN GOOD

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

John Denver Hoxha posted:

I thought (and wiki agrees) that donks vs boxes vs bubbles is a generational thing.... donks are from early 70s (some also say only impalas count since the name came from the "donkey' emblem), boxes are the late 70s-80s slabs like regals/cutlasses/montes, then the late 80s caprice/crown vics are bubbles

true but I think the catch-all term is "donk", and then boxes and bubbles are sub-categories. I could be wrong though.

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast
I don't think so

I mean if you count wops as white that is.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Good thing cultural appropriation isn't actually a thing so no need to stress it

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
all culture is the product of white civilization, so no

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
white people invented cars so no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
no joke my project vehicle when I'm in my mid-to-late 30s and live in the suburbs is gonna be a ratty old police crown vic with a manual swap and MASSIVE subs in the trunk which i will then idle around other suburban neighborhoods whilst banging dj screw

I'm from minnesota

• Locked thread